[deleted post]Hey Bro, I am sorry but this is not a mobile phone review! It’s a news and I think we must not publicize the bad news about our country!
switched from iphone 4 to this phone.
- design, in white it looks really nice
- qwerty keyboard - comfy as hell
- display resolution
- quick responses
- USB on-the-go - great feature
- free navigation
- better signal sensitivity than iphone(GSM and Wi-Fi)
- fast internet connection
- etc., i won´t write about every feature
- e-mails don´t sort themselves into conversations, if i open my gmail account on pc then, i find plenty of messages from one recipient - very annoying
- few bugs - sometimes when i make a call ang hang up, red icon appears on top of the display and it´s not possible to make another call
- back part around the camera is very likely to scratch - it looks terrible after few days
- system could be a bit faster
- i hate fixed focus
- upper part around the on/off button is moving a little. not a big deal, but...
- i switched from iphone, so i really miss plenty of various applications and games
- small screen
- i was expecting better battery stand - two days of not-so-hardcore use isn´t enough
to sum up: i don´t regret i bought it, for 300 eur it´s a great deal. i will probably go back to iphone after next generation is revealed, but as you know, it´s completely different class
greetings from slovakia:)
8 megapixel without autofocus? very2 dissapointing, useless, a smartphone built by non smart people, lol,,,
quelch16, 31 Jul 2011How do you turn the wlan scan off? I already tried the following:
(1) from the homepage (widg... more
Other than switching off the WLAN, set the email settings.
Menu-> Mail-> Settings -> choose the email address -> Auto retrieval. Under auto retrieval, change it to ' 4hours', 12 hours or per day. Do it for all the emails you set up in your E6.
This stops the constant auto scan.
AnonD-1905, 16 Jul 2011I bought the white E6 today. It is genius !!!!!I discovered many bugs on the E6, as I used it. I am truly unsatisfied.
It would be the greatest phone i ever had, but it's unfinished. Nokia rushed with the release.
How do you turn the wlan scan off? I already tried the following:
(1) from the homepage (widget) > Disconnect WLAN
(2) from Settings > Connectivity > Connection Manager > Disconnect WLAN
(3) from Settings > Connectivity > WLAN > Disconnect WLAN
(4) from Settings > Connectivity > WLAN > Settings > Show WLAN Avilability: Never
(4) Settings > Connectivity > Settings > Switch to WLAN: Manual
BUT still the scanning refreshes every 5 seconds or so. How do I turn the WLAN auto-scan off to save my battery life?
I've heard (from multiple sources) that Nokia E6 does NOT support Push Email. Nokia has sold off its push email product. Please check and confirm this.
Bought this phone 10 days back after I lost my E72.
Transferring my E72 data from OVI suite was a breeze -i got back all my contacts and messages in minutes.
Bought this primarily because i needed a QWERTY keypad. Though I have 'touch screen challenged' fingers, the response of the screen is good. The display is brilliant...but wish i was bigger.
Build quality is better than my E72. The biggest sore point is the notifications for missed calls and new message are impossible to see. There is a notification on the lower left of the display but you need to look into the phone for that. Miss the feature of walking to my table to see the blinking notification on the D pad. :-(
Anna interface is eye candy. I removed the wall papers to maintain a business like appearance. There are four assignable icons at the top of the screen occupying a lot of realestate. Wished these could be smaller.
The browser is faster than the one i used on E72.
I am content with Push mail. VFM without having to pay for BB charges.
To summarise, this is a good QWERTY phone with great connectivity and good telephony. Good audio is a plus.
Its a bogas phone.wont recommend it to anybody
thought nokia would have come up with a good model but its dissappointing :(
im using this phone for around 1 month now
overall its a good Nokia, except that it does freeze from time to time with no reason,, if if im not using any application
sometime i think of going back to e72 or even e5 just to have a more reliable phone (and more responsive)
Fortunately my E6 keyboard developed a fault and I was able to return this piece of junk for a full refund.
I have owned E72, and E71.
The E72 was an upgrade because of Auto-Focus for me...
I could now scan documents, and email them, Great!
E6... no thanks.. always missing a step.
I still recommend E72 for any serious business user, who wants a phone that can do everything needed, with quality!
The E6 feels like a remade e71 to be honest with a touch screen Tada!
Even tho its very good its hard to sell. i have one and only want 250pounds but omg is it hard tovget with so many people wanting iphones,htc and blackberrys. just shows nokia are nearly finnish.....
AnonD-13986, 16 Jul 2011Hon, I feel sorry for your bad experience.
I've had it for 2 weeks, didnt have the problems y... moreI appraised Nokia for being easy to use and its reliable battery. if one likes using hand device surfing web, probably not this one, I don't mind it is 2.4 as I was happy with the E71/72 which have even smaller in size, the point is they seemed to "update" it to be smaller in practical use. what I don't like is as a new version, it should be better than the old, but it turns out no ... Nokia pay a lot for r&d , but these people don't deserve to get pay, Nokia market share has told everything.