Hon, 15 Jul 2011I got on Saturday and embarrassingly returned on Monday, because the clerk(my friend) had stro... moreHon, I feel sorry for your bad experience.
I've had it for 2 weeks, didnt have the problems you did.
1) Could log into Ovi Store the 1st day I got it. No freeze either.
2) Small screen size, yes but I wanted the QWERTY keyboard. The stuff on the screen can be increased by pinching on it. I'm adjusting to the sensitive screen, with many accidental errors, haha. The hyrid is great for web surfing, just touch, goes straight to the link. Then type, I dont like virtual keyboards on full touch screen.
3) Pleasant surprise for me is it loads webpages rather fast, contrary to what all the reviews says. Faster than Iphone4 users using the same service provider, no idea why.
4) Videos, nice visuals. It can play almost any file thats convertable to wmv, but using a separate software to convert, not the one preinstalled on the phone. Same effect as watching on my desktop.
1) Weak vibrate, cant feel it at all when it's in my pocket.
2) Less battery life than what I expected. My friend has the E71, great battery life, great functions. Switching the WLAN off, changing the email auto retrieval to 12 hours improved the battery life to 1.5 days.
Camera supposed to be a negative, I havent really tried it out yet but doesnt matter much to me.
All in all, good, for the amount I paid for it. E72 was higher priced than E6 when it first came out, $300-$400 more, my currency. E6 looks like the upgrade to E71 or E5.
Reebok, 11 Jul 2011You just said some random words, just to express your anger, but i didn`t hear any argument fr... moreI got on Saturday and embarrassingly returned on Monday, because the clerk(my friend) had strongly persuaded me not to choose this one. Problems I experienced:
1- could not log in Ovi store
2- email did not work properly with email client
3- screen is physically bigger than E72/E71, but practically smaller and shrink everything, it is like being cheated.
4- the hybrid of touch screen and keys are clumsy, why touch in a 2.4" space?
The worst was it freezed many times during the initial set up, this would never happen in its predecessors. it is said to be an update version of the qwert key series, but I can not see any progress, so if you are one of the Nokia fans, you will feel like being CHEATED.
I got my hands on this device, overall excellent device really, very good.
Anonymous, 10 Jul 2011It supports only one exchange accountThanks :) still I think Its a Good device
just wish that it had the n86 camera :(
auto-focus is hardware or software based? won't an update be able to add this?
"Unpopular card formats were a problem though but how often would you need to connect a CF card anyway."
You just said some random words, just to express your anger, but i didn`t hear any argument from you, why do you think, that Nokia E6 is rubbish?
Shame on the people in Nokia to get paid, it is rubbish device to compare to the E71, I had been using the E series since its first launch, every new one was a surprise compared to the old, but this one is really a rubbish, I don't know what these Nokia people are doing and get paid. So disappointing!
E71/72 are a hard act to follow - Mum absolutely loves hers, and typing on that keyboard is actually easier than on my N97 Mini! Now if only there was a phone like this running Nokia's version of WM7.5...
*It's a device that could qualify as a business phone.
*It's a candy bar, yet it's got a kb and touch screen.
*It's got a high ppi screen.
*It is one of the few phones that can withstand a full on attack with thermo nuclear weapons.
According to Nokia website, the video codecs stop at mp4/h.264. How come the information on the first page says divx/xvid and even mkv is supported?
i bought this phone yesterday. it's a good phone. you just need to get used to the touchscreen.
first flaw i observed is the weak vibrate compared to my Nokia E5-00. you can't feel it as much.
StylinRed, 09 Jul 2011Joikuspot on my N8 is a battery hog but it lasts long enough for me during my classes i imagin... moreHope GSMARENA could tell us about JokiuSpot battery life usage.
Anyways thanks for that, Also I got the N8, but hate it when sometimes it runs out of battery, even if I don't need it, I feel something wrong if my phone has no battery :)
The 8mp fixed focus camera really ruin this phone..Downgrade from E71/E72..hmmmmm..Other is cool..
didn't know GSMARENA users has illegal torrented videos to play with in new phones (though it's impressive how fast the video worked considering it's huge file size.
Stefan, 09 Jul 2011Hi, GSMArena.
I have E6 for one weekend. Great device, but with some problems.....I hope with... more1. turn the breathing light off so you wont get the flashing light
2.turn off wlan scanning off and you battery will last longer, you can eve turn off your 3g to make it last even longer.
3.set it 2 auto retrival and it will be fine