I still now haven't get 7.5 Mango update on my HTC 7 Mozart :( I'm in London & using Lycamobile. Has got this update on their Mozart??? & Will be thankfull if someone let me know, how can I get this update???
What about gamepads and tv out with hdmi, like hooking phone to tv and using paired controller over bluetooth, and what about usb support over micro usb or whatever..like pairing a real keyboard over usb thetering or usb hub.
meego is smoother.
its been a year already and BADA outsell it.
no wonder why samsung plans to drop it
Anyone noticed a change in the lime accent color after updating your HTC phones to the official mango build? Mine hot paler, nothing as vibrant as the lime green GSMArena has with their phones(Cover pic of this review)
Sweet Jesus! Symbian STILL leads the way in terms of true multi-tasking.
My N95-8Gb running S60v3 can multi-task the living crap out of all these johnny-come-lately phone os's.
Sad how the lack of a pretty touch-screen UI matters to more people than true device capability.
Metro UI is looking nice on a tablet, but on a phone, I dunno, there's a lot of space wasted with those huge tiles. If you put too many shortcuts on the main screen, the amount of scrolling is too heavy for me.
Functionality aside, iOS offer much more than WP7 so for now I don't really see a reason for choosing this.
And the 3D performance isn't that good ... for example, Sims3 kinda lags compared to iOS version
its one of the best and most creatively designed OS' around and its as simple as reading a book!What I liked about it is the way everything is so well integrated rather than simply going through pages of apps (android and IOs)and then getting your information.. after using both android and IOs i can clearly say that Wp7 will take the lead in the near future (meego-N9 seems to be the only competitor)the way I see it!
Vinay, 08 Oct 2011Looking at the way the Microsoft Products like MS Office, MS Outlook and MS Communicator on th... moreMS Office programs hanging in your pc? Seriously get a new PC dude. lol
Been using Office 2010 for months now and I haven't encountered any freeze, hang that you're experiencing.
If find this really difficult to read and ascertain. I'd rather have functionality over large fonts. I'd rather the UI utilize the big screen instead of that long column on the right. It's very stylized, which I like. Unfortunately, I can look at Android or iOS and figure out what I'm looking at and what to do. Windows is confusing and requires more scrolling because of big blocks and not using all the screen real estate.
Looking at the way the Microsoft Products like MS Office, MS Outlook and MS Communicator on the PCs hang so very frequently, I serious tend to doubt how would be this OS and its Apps, I have serious doubts on how much lag I will have to bear if I buy another Microsoft running thing when I am already frustrated with the Home and Office PCs working on the full-of-bugs-Microsoft Windows and Other MS products... I just wanna run away from the MS as much as possible for me...
I've been using HTC Trophy with MANGO since I got my hands on leaked HTC OFFICIAL RUU 7.5 MANGO.
My judgement so far - 4th week of using it:
- Camera usability NOW is good with SAVE options
- Battery life gained some 30% more lifetime (at least in my case)
- Signal reception seems better,
- LIVE TILEs are improved, and at the moment LOTs of APPS are available for MANGO, (my list of background task is filling with everyday use) :D
- Integrated TWITTER and FB are working like a charm for me, HOWEVER FB Friends need to ALLOW their POST sharing fully with you in ORDER to be able to see all their POSTS on our WP7.5 PHONES
- Integrated CHAT IS GREAT :D
- I don't have HICKUPS with my OFFICE support too (I'm using 2007 and 2010 on work, as there are problems being reported with users using OFFICE 2003 OUTLOOK)
- My LINKED E-Mails are also working like a SWISS Watch - FLAWLESSLY if I'm allowed to say so!!
- Also HTC's latest updated APPS like HUB, DOCK, STOCKS, YOUTUBE and the rest of a bunch are awesome, (only once I got problems with HTC LISTS, but IT too got UPDATED and is working the way its supposed too :D
- "MULTITASKING" is great with GAMES and APPS that are providing support for it, however some of the old APPS are working great with it too, there are some slightly longer "RESUMING" times with those old APPS and GAMES, but NEW and OLD "NEW" games and apps are FUN to be used with "MULTITASK"
Any news on Divx /Xvid support? Until basic media support is taken care of I won't be switching platform. Need something to keep us entertained while app support develops.
it's gui definitely a ascendancy from previous version. Very dissapointed, it's like a child version of jukebox electronic not proffesional looking. I hate tile boxes, big fonts! where is the icons or symbols for notifications or events ? poor nokia and windows for creating ugly GUI