For appereance and camera go for xperia S
For better features & perfomance go for Galaxy S2.
samsung is nowhere in front of sony,sony rocks,music ,design,camera everything is better for xperia line up compare to galaxy,samsung phone is nothing bt copy of iphone style,samsung sucks, sony bravia tv is far better than samsung, and sony means japanese technology ,the masterpiece
Guys have you watched the comparison of the Galaxy note vs. the Xperia S (i think S means Sucks) the video host said that Galaxy note is better than the Xperia suck in every aspect exept for the camera...SonyFans please accept defeat over the Samsung.Cmon guys samsung sold most smart phones not beacause its cheap but beacause of their phone specs and cmon GSM arena dont compare Samsung over Sony cause sony dont stand a chance AGAINST Samsung (Even in TV Samsung is better) SAMSUNG THE NEW KING!
im very sry to tel !!! infront of sony xperia s performance all samsung mobz suckzzzzz !!! & i realy proud to say tht i hve SONY XPERIA S
First of all I loved everything on Samsung S2, But When i bought Sony X S last month,I have to admit that Samsung going to lose the market against Sony. X S Picture quality is ahead more clearer in dark and light than S2. Due to internal memory its speed of processing is good against S2. In S2 if you load the memory up to 16gb-20gb after that any application you want to start, first push the start button take nap for 15 -25 min then the app may start. I have not felt any temperature rise in XS than S2 which easily getting in to hotpot. Bravia is really brilliant technology. Disadvantage is internal battery and micro Sim (micro Sim technology has a good signal receiver which increase the phone network signal higher than SG2.
My friends all have changed from SG2 to Sony when they saw the Sony i have using now.
the beginning in Sony is great, in future Samsung have to stop thinking about its Unnatural S amoled screen and make something different to beat SONY(being its only competitor).
Thanks for chance to help samsung fan. I hope they will understand what i told is true and they also know it.
I dont think sxs is better than sgs2 its cost is much more
and it comes after 1 year from s2 sony sucks nd samsung rocks
i luv samsung nd waiting for s3
FAIL SGS2, 16 Mar 2012Sony Xperia S
4.3" 720p screen (342)ppi)
Samsung Galaxy S II:
4.3" WVGA scr... moreYou are a fool to compare technologies dispensed one year apart. Both phones are good at its time of release, so stop hating and get a life.
I have used both SXS and SGS2 and I did not like the yellow tint on my SXS when I played games on it. That does not mean I will hate it. The SGS2 seems plasticky, that does not mean I will hate it either.
Make a perfect phone yourself or STFU noob!
Your newest technology is just as good as Samsung's old technology....if you compare samsung newest smart phone for ex. The galaxy note,Galaxy S plus and the GS3 is about to come so i think your mobile technology cant top samsung just stick with the PSP...
Sony is best comparing both, s2 looks fake infront of xperia s
confuser???, 09 Apr 2012do the both phones running windows 7(not windows-phone 7)? U mean they can be accessiable thru Windows 7, YES
S2 S2 S2...
Always S2 win over xperia s.
No sdcard slot!!
Poor battery life.
Poor supporting then S2 at all .....
Obviously S2 wins....
Sony comes in half a year later..They shud b coming out a phone that beats samsung,not on par with it.
Samsung galaxy s2 is more powerful than sony xperia s. I like samsung gs2 more than any smartphones. I am waiting for the boxing with amazing technology and features to bring out the speed and specifications to challenge everyone by releasing of samsung galaxy s3.
shanep, 06 Apr 2012Why does everyone get sucked in by Samsung and Apple hype. They must be laughing all the way t... moreDont comnt toomuch on samsngs blt qlty. juzt chk out the drop test for sgs2. The specs make sammy winner. sony lives in market bcos its xtreamly stylish. But style a d performance are essential so xperia s wins ovr s2. y a micro marjin. bt still considring amold wifidirct sim and memry card a d slimnstructure the s2 is a great gadget.
Heller!! this two phones are cheap. very ugly
do the both phones running windows 7(not windows-phone 7)?
Yes Xperia S is better we all know, but both phones are ugly, NO other phone on the market looks better than my Xperia Arc S white
The winner is Xperia Arc S, the coolest phone ever made, have the best desing ever and fast like hell
Waiting for Xperia Arc S quadcore
Why does everyone get sucked in by Samsung and Apple hype. They must be laughing all the way to the bank because they build cheap crap and pump up the marketing so that gullible people fork out wads of cash for it.- screens are rubbish, build quality is on par with a kids toy, its hasn't got the best camera. The Sony is a wonderful phone in all aspects. Too many people are not willing to try something new so they bag everything else that comes along to cover up the failings of the rubbish they keep using. Their loss. I don't care about brand all I care about is substance and the Sony has buckets of it.
I've been reading everyone's comments about the XS vs S2 and I have to say that, all in all both phones seem to be pretty awesome in their own ways. But after testing out my friends S2 and going to the market to test out the XS, I have to say, personally I prefer the X2 more.
As a long term IOS user I have never owned an Android phone but since my iPhone 4 is getting old and laggy (battery life cannot last me a day :( ...) I wanted to switch to android for a spin. Based on the reviews I can say that specs for both android phones have their pros and cons. And I'd like to point out some things as that I think would be helpful to some people.
1. I like the idea of the expandable storage for the S2 but personally I think 32G storage is plenty enough for all my music needs and picture storage. (My iPhone is 32G)
2. I also think that the "non-removable" battery shouldn't be a big deal since iPhones also do not have removable batteries. I think it is more of a preference to have removable batteries rather than having non-removable ones, since most phones have removable batteries and people are more used to having that option.
3. The entire "feel" of the XS is definitely better than the S2. Though it is heavier than the S2, it is not so heavy that it feels like one of those 1st century boulders people carry around back when cellphones were first created. It's realively light and has a solid, good quality feel to it. The S2, to me, feels too light and "plasticky". I like cellphones to have some weight.. But that is a personal preference.
4. The resolution is absolutely stunning! Through the resolution specifications alone the XS has outdone the S2 (and the iPhone!), and as a regular photography enthusiast the extra pixels really attract me.
5. Watching videos or playin my pictures through my TV is so easy! The XS really has all the options available so that I can always have my pics or videos played on the big screen with no problems.
6. People have also asked about video-calling, and not sure whether that is an option on the XS. To me that is not one of the more important things that the phone needs. For one, there are various apps that can be downloaded onto the phone to do just that. For example Skype. This app can be used on both IOS and Android devices.. And who "really" video-calls 24/7? I don't.
Yes... There are things that I don't like about the phone as well.
1. The set buttons on the bottom. When I want to press on a certain button I have to press on average 2-3 times before hitting the right spot. (I guess the sensors are too small or maybe my fingers are too small :/) sometimes when I scroll down I can accidentally trigger the buttons because I brushed over the sensors.. which can be very annoying.. (major problem to me)
2. There is one lock button on top.. (personal pereferance) my hands are small so I have to use two hands to lock.. One hand... I fear I may drop the phone...>.<
3. Compared to the iPhone speed, Android phones still have some work to do. The "touch screen sense" on the iPhone is still smoother and quicker than the one on android phones. At times when scrolling the android will "lag" for a split second even if it is a new phone. The iPhone rarely has that problem (unless you are running a lot of apps in the background or it is over a year old..)
4. Front camera is 1.3mp?!
All in all there isnt much to dislike about the XS from a personal point of view. Like I said it really does depend on preference. My S2 user friend wouldn't change his phone for a XS, but as a non-android user.. I think the XS would be a perfect phone that I am willing to switch to after so many years of iPhone experience.
:) - R.L.
I got Xperia S after using SGS2 i9100 for 3 months, even that the xperia shows low results in the benchmarks, but it is obviously much faster than SGS2 in many games; Angry Birds Space, Temple Run and FLCommando.
don't care about benchmarks, Xperia S is a piece of art and it easily beats any other phone in the market.