I am from bali-indonesia. I have been using official ICS from kies for a week and so far the problem i have :
1. wifi connection (same problem with Fighterguard)
2. switch play/stop music player via headset not very smooth
3. Old problem but very annoying and still not fixed is pink spot on still camera
So Samsung please fix these problems !!!
dexter, 27 Mar 2012Wasn't ICS going to have live tile interface like windows 7.5 mango?in your dreams
After my ICS updates on my SII, I find it funny that the 3G connection seems hard to connect, until it finally does, probably takes nearly 1 min. Doesn't have this experience on gingerbread. I'm from Brunei and I also found out that the scrolling is a bit smoother than the gingerbread.. just a lil' bit. Battery and camera wise have improved dramatically. I've also got stereo sound... woohoo. But still, few bugs just a letdown where screen started to froze up and few apps forced closed( and they're non downloaded apps). Hope to get an improved ICS and really happy on my SII
Been using ICS on my SII for a couple of weeks now. Don't know if it's only mine or not but I feel that my battery last longer when I used the GGB before, using the ICS on my normal only last about 8-10 hours while on GGB it last 12-15 hours.
Here are the advantages I'm experiencing:
1. I can uninstall a few widget now cause with ICS, it don't really need additional widgets much due to the shortcuts in notification bar is better and also the settings menu is much better.
2. The browsing really improve, faster than before; too bad, I still couldn't find a way to access bookmark when the new browsing menu is activated.
Ad here are some problem I'm having so far:
1. Email: I used the email from the original program on SII, with ICS, the email is not 'connected' with my email servers, my old emails were not retrieved and when I deleted my new ones, they don't erased when I accessed it using my PC. I don't experience this problem with GGB before.
2. Sync: The sync icon seems lost (not used anymore), so I don't know when is the phone syncronizing.
Does anyone having the same email problem too? is it the because of the ICS or is it me that got the wrong setting?
Taji, 06 Apr 2012Im from Malaysia. Can somebody tell me how can i upgrade my Galaxy SII OS to ICS?http://www.androidnext.de/howto/samsung-galaxy-s2-ice-cream-sandwich-howto/
Im from Malaysia. Can somebody tell me how can i upgrade my Galaxy SII OS to ICS?
Christer, 03 Apr 2012I cannot believe that by now I have not received any updates for ICS. I am really disappointed... moredude it's unreal... i am in south africa and i am still waiting for mine, i am thinking of just flashing my ROM with this: http://galaxys2root.com/galaxy-s2-roms/resurrection-remix-ics-pro-edition-v1-0-for-galaxy-s2-i9100-best-ics-rom/
I cannot believe that by now I have not received any updates for ICS. I am really disappointed.
Note that my SGS2 is still running android 2.3.4.
I have the samasung s2 and it is amazin so worth the money. u can do so much onthere games and theres so much storage space as well. the only con is that the battery runs out pretty fast if ur on the internetor playin games too much. other than that its superb
I'm A Bitches Dream, 28 Mar 2012people the samsung s2 ics is gargage , ive used it smooth from the homescreen but lags when it... morei followed ur comments and i've to say the ressurection remix pro 1 is really a wonder, thanks man
Mine is a indian rom so followed instructions in this article: http://www.technoflames.com/root-samsung-galaxy-s2-gt-i9100-with-xwkl1-gingerbread-2-3-6-firmware-how-to-guide/ to root it and then installed titanium backup for backing up all the apps, and other apps for backing up sms and calllogs and http://galaxys2root.com/galaxy-s2-roms/resurrection-remix-ics-pro-edition-v1-0-for-galaxy-s2-i9100-best-ics-rom/ for Resurrection Remix ICS PRO Edition v1.0
AnonD-46869, 01 Apr 2012relax guys, http://www.youmobile.org/blogs...exus-S-users 4.0.4 will be rolling out in the... moreWhere and when have Samsung have Samsung officially announced this information.
4.0.4 will be rolling out in the coming weeks, stability improvements, better screen rotation, better camera performance and etc, i hope they will fix the browser scrolling.
It will be the bug fix for 4.0.3
It has been some weeks now since the update started rolling out in some countries. but what about latin america. when does samsung think they will be start rolling out the update 4 us. when jelly bean come...
updated my SGS II via Samsung Service Center. The update answered my needs, especially the poor battery life. I am using the 2000mAh battery and now, the phone's performing great! As to the other features, I find the new task manager very good. I think the phone runs smoother now. I am enjoying it more now.
There is a negative reaction to this update across the board. I hear it on the street and on the net. I didn't expirience anything horrible, but its just not the same phone anymore. Seems like Sammy rushed this one on the only phone that didn't really need an upgrade.
I once again installed ICS on S2, and I wiped both before and after the upgrade, and I only installed apps from Google Play (I hate that name, why not Google Market), but I still get too many bugs and freezes and black screens and lag and horrible scrolling and extremly short batterylife..., and this time I can not even get any gps/sattelite fix/lock at all! If ICS is going to continue being this much worse than GB, and if Adobe Flash will get no more needed fix at all for Android ICS, then I see no reason why I should not buy an iPhone as my next phone. S2 is still the best phone for me, but only if I use GB!
ICS on S2 is a complete disaster!
The value-pack for my old Galaxy S actually made it a lot better than my S2 when on ICS, and I still often use S because of the almost perfect sound-quality with Voodoo-sound!
You guys clearly did not have the same problems that I've had (or you didn't care to test those parts).
I'll tell you my experience:
1. I've experienced issues with 3G data. Sometimes the signal is dropped altogether, and the 3G icon disappears from the notification bar. It's happened only a few times, but it's very annoying, and it never happened in over 6 months running Gingerbread.
2. There are also problems with the wifi radio, particularly when switching it on, whether to connect to a wifi network or to enable the portable hotspot. The wifi button turns grey, but it freezes there, and won't turn on or do anything else. The only way to get it out of that state is to reboot the phone. Again, never happened before.
3. The Bluetooth radio seems to have lost strenght, as it is way more susceptible to interference and interruptions. This is particularly noticeable with my stereo headset (a Nokia BH505). The audio stream is interrupted constantly while I walk. And of course, this didn't happen before either.
Another thing with Bluetooth is that sometimes is just doesn't recognize inputs from the headset. Again, the only way to make it work correctly is to reboot and connect the headset again. Also, the bluetooth media controls no longer work with Winamp, so now I'm forced to use the stock music player.
I'm quite annoyed and disappointed because of these issues. My phone was perfect before, but this ICS update plagued it with problems it didn't have before, while the tradeoff in benefits is barely visible, if at all.
I suggest you to try and test for these issues, and maybe you'll find that they are there indeed. Or maybe I' just had very bad luck.
4.0.4 will be rolling out in the coming weeks, stability improvements, better screen rotation, better camera performance and etc, i hope they will fix the browser scrolling