For me camera and audio quality are the most important features of a phone. Because I don't want to wear 3 devices. The better the camera and audio player - the more attractive the phone. Apps don't interest me at all, cause I don't waste my short life for games. As such, nearly matching the quality of a 1800 EUR camera this is the perfect phone for me. Only wished Nokia could add FLAC support
Andrew Tan, 24 Jun 2012I cannot tell? Even I tell you also reject everything, so what the point I tell to Nokia fans.... moreWell, that sounds great but how many of those aren't in cheaper ICS devices? How many are great only in fandroids eyes? How much did you pay for your SGS3? How big is your pocket, cause you don't complain about it's size? You may say 808 is bulky but it's not too wide and tall to fit in pocket and it's still not too chubby to fit there. And if you don't like it you don't have to buy it. Nokia has said that it's not phone for everyone. Like somebody already said it's CAMERAphone for pros. Not toy for teens.
Andrew Tan, 24 Jun 2012I cannot tell? Even I tell you also reject everything, so what the point I tell to Nokia fans.... moreso from a hardware point of view, s3 brings nothing new.
yep, i thought so. all of the things you mentioned can be used on s2 with 3rd party apps
ive compared the s3 with a wp lumia
the ui of the wp is far smoother and browsing is similar in speed. how sad that the 4 cores are not used properly.
maybe if android evolves enough to use that power, it will be good.
its a joke seeing single core phones perform better than dual even quad core androids. but hey, youll always have benchmarks to justify your purchase lol
Andrew tan,why are u so bitter..
Millions will buy ur S3 and millions will buy PUREVIEW as well
aaptk, 24 Jun 2012yes, you see
you owned a s2 and now s3 but cant say what the s3 brings
yes its slightly fast... moreI cannot tell? Even I tell you also reject everything, so what the point I tell to Nokia fans.
Anyway, if you want to know how impress there are, here is my review (if bad I will said bad, I won't said everything in S3 is great, at least the S-Voice is not so great).
- Battery life is great, at least it was better a lot than my previous SII-G.
- The bundle headset is the 1st headset I can accept, it sound good. I never can accept any phone bundle headset before.
- The music player not only gorgeous look but extreme great functioning! The "Music Square" where you can drag your song to be more exciting, passionate, joyful and calm.. base on your selection mood... and then it will generate a playlist base on your song available in your phone according to your mood listening is working awesome. SoundAlive auto set sound setting (pop, rock or whatever) base on your playback song is working perfect, I try few different type song and it really work as I set it as rock and some song is same when choose auto and rock, but when playing soft song, then it is different, this proof the SoundAlive - auto is working.
- The video player is the best so far in the market! Now I feel I am wasting money on my previous purchase of MX Video and Dice Player, as I not needed anymore now.
- The 8 burst shot with function of selecting the best shot for you is awesome and working flawlessly. Another 20 burst shot is amazing!
- Video record is stunning! I love it 1080P video record.
- Direct Call - this is one of the best feature that not to miss, it really helping you direct calling the person you half way SMS by only sliding your phone to ear.
- Stay Awake - Now I no longer worried phone turn off when surfing internet, play games, reading novel and etc.
- Browsing speed is extremely fast, I never seen any phone can browse internet that fast before, it is confirm loading much much faster than iPhone4s.
- Screen is finger print & dusk free, loving it less finger print issue. Now my phone always clean.
- S Voice - this is working but not so accurate, and highly recommended disable the wake up command and don't use it, as it will randomly restart your launcher once you on it until next reboot.
- The new TouchWiz is the best ever did by Samsung, it was good, but I still prefer and highly recommended using Nova Launcher Prime, which more on customization, speed and stable
- Performance wise is unbeatable fast! after using custom kernel is much robust now!
Don't denied on Symbian, is it pure dead where Nokia also plan on abandon itself. Nokia out MeeGo and is a survive point for Nokia, but Nokia abandon it as well, and pick Windows Phone... So basically Nokia want to be a head of phone market, possibility is pretty low now.
Andrew Tan, 24 Jun 2012I am S2-G owner, that G version out of the box, is not stable until ICS update. I don't denied... moreyes, you see
you owned a s2 and now s3 but cant say what the s3 brings
yes its slightly faster and has a bigger screen but there will come a point where screen sizes cannot rise anymore. so what will s4 bring?
i dont understand how belle is a dead os. it works, will receive more support than even the most expensive android and still has apps coming in the store.
will you s3 get updates in 2016? doubt it.
p.s. nokia maps can download entire countries, not small areas in cache. and its way more detailed than any other map
aaptk, 24 Jun 2012please read carefully
free offline gps and fm transmitter (not receiver)
what can you do wit... moreI am S2-G owner, that G version out of the box, is not stable until ICS update. I don't denied this.
S3 is better than S2 (don't said that hanging issue)... S3 browsing is crazy fast, it load page faster than any phone I ever seen or use.
The camera is as gorgeous as iPhone4S - shutter lag free. I know this 808PV camera is outstanding, but consider it bulky, it is not a well design for phone. It just way to bulky.
Also those simple but really useful function of smart stay and direct call. This two features is an innovation design for phone. Turning on both does not consume a lot of battery life and S III battery life is great enough for daily use.
Sorry for not look carefully you talk on FM transmit.
As for offline map, Google also start mention will capable on offline map.
The most important, you get most what you need if the OS is active... Bella or any symbian is dead OS for now.
Also the resolution that low, browsing experience is bad on such small resolution.
Andrew Tan, 24 Jun 2012You must be never touch Android before!
No offline maps? Hahaha! They is plenty offline map... moreplease read carefully
free offline gps and fm transmitter (not receiver)
what can you do with s3 thats so much better than s2?
fyi, i do own and use an android phone with a ics custom rom
aaptk, 24 Jun 2012not to mention your s3 cannot use offline free gps, play music on any radio, shoot pictures in... moreYou must be never touch Android before!
No offline maps? Hahaha! They is plenty offline maps (in 3D view some more) for Android.
Also, S3 have FM radio as well, and S3 is not just slightly update from S2.
I from S2 previously, and now using S3, I can surely confirm the changes is not little. ;)
Anonymous, 24 Jun 2012a laptop will do all those things better, faster and easier,
if s3+ipad can replace a lapto... moreNokia 808PV is for enthusiast Nokia fans only, it is not pro, because the OS..... already push it to back..
Also such bulky & quite ugly design..... how many will eye on it. Time will tell. :)
Nokia Fanboy PRO, 24 Jun 2012It's not just a Super phone, it's an Android killer. Watch the sales of the SGS 3 and it won't... moreNokia will be back on top because of this 808PV?
HAHAHA! The most hilarious JOKE I heard!
In your dream, Nokia will back on top so soon. ;)
Did GSMA just crash? I didn't get here for a while.
However, for those who complain about apps and Nokia store: it doesn't matter very much after all. I recently bought N9 when its price dropped under 300 euros. I looked for Symbian(Nokia 700) and several Android devices. I tested them and Android had no advantages over Belle. Only issue was Nokia store. Would there be enough apps for my needs? Then I tested MeeGo running N9 and it was just amazing. I bought it despite of even more pathetic store than Symbian has. And I have found there all I need and some extra fun also.
OS itself is what matters, not its ecosystem. And I found MeeGo to be better than anything else so far(a bit angry for Nokia and Elop). So if someone is looking for 808 but fears Symbian and Nokia store, buy and try, it won't dissapoint you. Ppi isn't too low, SGS2 has 206 ppi and it was good for 30 million peole. This is just a bit lower and nobodys eyes are better than then.
Clint_ZA, 24 Jun 2012It always interests me what these all important apps actually are? I always here mention of th... moreRight!
Even I prefer Symbian... its just hassle free out of the box:
1. no chance of viruses, threats, etc. while other OS'es have had them... Due to signing system of Symbian, it won't let you install unsafe apps.
2. Most must have features are already there on a Symbian handset.
Say what you want about symbian but not apps, not from android, not from iOS can offer you:
1. FM transmitter
2. 3G video call without clinging on Internet plan
3. Send/receive MMS without clinging on Internet plan
4. Hi quality offline maps
5. And of course, DSLR-like camera.
Sent from a Galaxy S3.
LazialeI , 24 Jun 2012Dude, you know what am doing with my Android SGSII (other than making calls and taking photos)... moreIt always interests me what these all important apps actually are? I always here mention of that being the reason for choosing an OS but what are people referring to specifically?
I use Symbian and am yet to come across something that I REALLY REALLY missed and wished I had an app for. Please someone enlighten me?
The problem is Microsoft have such a stranglehold over Nokia with this partnership they cannot PR this device to its death because they think it will harm M$/Lumia sales.
All you have to do is look at where they have already released the device in a very few select countries and without hardly making a whisper in the media.
LazialeI , 24 Jun 2012Dude, you know what am doing with my Android SGSII (other than making calls and taking photos)... morevery objective comment...the 2 devices can't really be compared..since each has pros & cons....but in my opinion, 808PV is for people with a more active lifestyle & useful hobbies.eg. going outdoors & take some good pictures to share;going to parties & events;making a movie project or if you have a youtube channel, etc...im not saying that other phones can't do these...but having a PV technology is a big difference..
Anonymous, 24 Jun 2012Whoa! Hold your horses. I agree with you on most accounts but PV isn't an android killer, for ... moreI agree...comparing other specs, N808 may not win...people nowadays, compare numbers & benchmarks...what im waiting now is the battery test & some user reviews in which we could determine its usability & consumer satisfaction...hopefully, it will become a bestseller...
Nokia Fanboy PRO, 24 Jun 2012It's not just a Super phone, it's an Android killer. Watch the sales of the SGS 3 and it won't... moreI desagree of you. I'm a Nokia user (Nokia N8) and I think SGSIII very interesting in terms of beauty. Course it's not a innovation in design, but have some presence.
I'm sure that my next phone will be a 808, 'cause I'm really appreciate the camera factor in a smartphone. And Nokia Belle has improved and are a very good OS.