Anonymous, 05 Dec 2012The still camera was dissapointing. And WP8 doesn't support file management or USB host mode, ... moreHow can you say not buying 920 due to these reasons then say waitung for Samsung s4?? Thats just puts you as an android lover straight away so why comment on 920.I can see how much tech Nokia have crammed into this superphone like Nokia always does..Also true Nokia quirkiness brings us some colour for crying out loud not boring black/white.Good old Nokia i love em.Dont know if i can get money this side of Christmas to buy one but will next year in red.
Qki, 05 Dec 2012Well, lets try again :> Pros: 1. Capacitive touch screen, that works with gloves, pen(cil... moreI doubt anyone will notice difference in audio quality especially as most use 128kb/s anyway.
advice, 05 Dec 2012so after the review ,let's discuss the pros and cons of the lumia 920:
1.capacit... moreFirst of all ... i appreciate ur efforts inreading the complete review. And please talk about some features and if u can explain it to me what those tests and numbers represent please explain it .. dont just go by some stupid numbers. Lets see some of ur questions
1. while its sunlight legibility isn't class leading,
it's enough to enable relatively trouble-free use outdoors even on a bright sunny day. So absolutely no issues with this one.
2. The Nokia Lumia 920 has superb in-hand feel and is built to last. Note this point.
3. seriously numbers wont say anything, every other smrtphone in market right now needs to be charged everyday no doubts in that.
4. Ok just because android allows personalisation not every other os has to follow it. No live wallpaper, what ur a kid to touch a fish and see where it moves....grow up kis ur using a smartphone, be smart. There are live apps itself y u want live wallpaper ... chk this ..
5. my Nokia lumia 900 loud speaker at half volume is way louder than galaxy nexus at full volume. Personally tested this and one of the reason i fight with my roommate who is BTW a fandroid.
6. could be a con, agree to this.
7. I seriously doubt on this.
8. Daylight camera fix is coming .. so wait for it.
9. r ugonna shoot ur wedding video with ur smartphone ??? no right .. whatever videos u take in ur daily life all shud be good enough. waste point to mention.
So now lets see few other pros u missed out (ffeatures which we really care about in day to day life)
1. People Hub is the best phone/social book up to date
2. The Messaging department is excellent in Windows Phone.
3. Great Office experience on mobile
4. if u r so fond of numbers here are some numbers for u ..
Better browsing in lumia ....
sun spider test (lower the better) ... lumia 910, s3 1992,
browsermark test (higher the better) 920 - 1774, S3 - 1247 ( even with belly bean :P)
anymore questions ???
Anonymous, 05 Dec 2012I think there needs to be an article about how Nokia's symbian and Microsoft's WM platforms st... moreLet me educate you young person. Windows is not new to the smartphone os market in fact they are one of the first with windows mobile. And that is alot more capable compared to wp8 albeit not that pretty. So why is wp8 gimping on features that they had long time ago with windows mobile? Simple. Wp8 is an iOS wannabe.
AnonD-80799, 06 Dec 2012Its easy to put 4 or 20 core procesor to cell phone. but no one can make a pureview and superc... moreEasy for you to say. Dont forget that with higher cores, smaller process fabrication is needed which now is possible thanks to 20nm process. That is not easy to make. Whereas putting a big optical sensor in a phone is easy provided you wont care for the phone's thickness like what happened to the pureview. I would be more impressed if they manage to do that while keeping the device slim
AnonD-85611, 06 Dec 2012Everyone think of these possibilities, but people keep the same phone for years and 0,5% of th... moreWow so now youre a statistics person that pulls some percent out of nowhere? Let me tell you this, people that mentions a percentage statistics to back an arguement, 99% of the time, is all made up :))
lol, 06 Dec 20121. if i have to go on 17hr long flight i would just carry a usb cable or charger and keep my p... moreDont forget that with a charger, you are only restricted to be within an outlet to operate your phone and it will be awhile for it to be ready on the go. whereas a with a spare battery, you simply change batteries and you are good to go. No downtimes. Not restricted beside an outlet. There is your reason
AnonD-77443, 06 Dec 2012Why would you use a removable battery?
1) If you have a 17 hour long haul flight you can si... more1. if i have to go on 17hr long flight i would just carry a usb cable or charger and keep my phone charging when i am sleeping ... why the hell i have to spend money again on spare battery. also i need a charger anyways after landing from flight right for rest of my journey ... lol .. common sense bro
2. no power for few days ... ur shud have atleast 5 spare batteries then.
3. If i am travelling .. i would definitely carry a charger instead of some 10 spare batteries.... seriously ROFL at ur comment on this.
AnonD-77443, 06 Dec 2012Why would you use a removable battery? 1) If you have a 17 hour long haul flight you can si... moreEveryone think of these possibilities, but people keep the same phone for years and 0,5% of them buy a spare battery, if you are into that, just don't buy the Lumia 920.
Its easy to put 4 or 20 core procesor to cell phone. but no one can make a pureview and supercapasitive as nokia did
no swiftkey or swype either or any launcher or themes like symbian had.
lol, 05 Dec 2012No Sd card slot is a problem for u ?? It has 32 GB on board memory. Even all the nexus devices... moreWhy would you use a removable battery?
1) If you have a 17 hour long haul flight you can simply change batteries half way through.
2) if your in a situation without access to powerfor a few days (say camping)
3) if you are travelling and don't want to carry a charger and cable its easier to carry a spare battery.
Qki, 05 Dec 2012Well, lets try again :>
1. Capacitive touch screen, that works with gloves, pen(cil... morefrom your post i can tell that u are a die hard nokia fan who only uses nokia phones and who still uses symbian,also you've never hold an iphone or android phone in your hands for more than 1 minute.
let's revise the pros you've mentioned:
1.ok ,sometimes you'll find yourself wearing gloves and u need to use the phone.
2.if u r using the phone while it is only 5cm away from your eyes u might note a difference.
3.large display and pocket friendly is the new trend it gives u best web browsing , movie watching ,book reading ,office files editing "experience",and for your knowledge 2013 trend is 5" full hd screens.
4.i read gsmarena and other tech blogs reviews :no one noticed a difference . "marketing gimmick"
5.i think you meant bulky design.
6.i agree the lumia has a solid construction ,specially useful for people who like to throw their phones.
7.windows phone is a working os but it has some lags every now and then,although it does not do half of android job and multitasking,and still few apps compared to iOS and android.
8.give me a good stills and videos and remove this optical bla bla bla.lumia only gives a good photos at night so it will be very handy to batman specially he can use it with gloves..LOL..
9.do u know what is the meaning of that??
10.go to apple or google store download navigation app and travel where ever you want,but if u r still in the country u can use google maps offline.
11.did some tell u that office apps are not available on android an iOS????
and now let's revise the cons:
1.disappointing audio quality(i don't know about city bus because i uses my car but i will miss some calls while shopping )
3.i have doubts about that.
5.moderate battery performance with Non user-replaceable battery so u can't take an extra battery with u,but u might be able to use the "wireless charging"..LOL.
6.no fm radio
7.No microSD card
8.No system-wide file manager
9.No lockscreen shortcuts
10.no live wallpaper.
i am not a fan for any company,nokia is a great company but it did a big mistake when chose not use android ,lately that choice cost nokia its HQ in Finland,but what makes thing worse is some nokia fans who instead of telling nokia stop the nonsense and give us android,they kept defending the bad choices ,memo ,mego,symbian,windows....etc
The funny thing is that they don't see that Windows Phone with it's live tiles interface looks so bad and repulsive that it will bankrupt Nokia.
Had a Galaxy S3 for half a year and switched to Lumia 920. Even Jelly Bean was laggy and crashed every once in a while. Pathetic considering the quadcore hardware. Lumia 920 on the other hand is frickin fast, takes awesome pictures/videos and has way more polish. Great location features. Super fast browser. Nothing wrong with audio quality (I'm a musician). The phone is not too heavy AT ALL. People complaining about daylight photo quality need to remember the upcoming update and the fact that MOST pictures are taken in "low light" conditions. Indoors = low light compared to outside on a sunny day. The image stabilition is very useful too.
AnonD-85996, 05 Dec 2012You're wrong, RKKy. WP8 DOES support file management for all content you create yourself (Docu... moreI haven't read any report of a file manager for wp8. But I've read online reports of people downloading unsupported file types onto their phone and not being able to free up the space or use those files later on.
If any of the shops near me had a wp8 device I might have tried it out.
But I guess MS is learning and they'd close the feature gap soon enough. :)
But I'd stick to android till all the issues are sorted out.
I think there needs to be an article about how Nokia's symbian and Microsoft's WM platforms started the whole smartphone revolution. A lot of younger readers (fandroids) are clueless and need to be educated.
Oh and, OBVIOUSLY Android is currently better than WP8 because WP8 is BRAND NEW! If you want to form an informed opinion you need to give it time. We'll all know the potential of this platform by next summer. PATIENCE people...
Anonymous, 04 Dec 2012920.. An apple wannabe.
No sd slot no removable battery plus heavy as a brick.No Sd card slot is a problem for u ?? It has 32 GB on board memory. Even all the nexus devices lack SD card slots dear. And latest nexus 4 has only 16 GB.
And why the heck in the world u want removable battery what do u do by removing ur battery everyday. U r not a 5 year kid .. r u???
let the battery be in palce no ... whats ur problem .. lol
AnonD-85703, 05 Dec 2012Bull*hit I moved from galaxy s2 to lumia 900 No way... no multitasking fail UI no customisat... moreFirst of all i call u as stupid to moving from S2 to Lumia 900. U donno how to review a phone before buying it. So u r comments wont make sense mister.