Surely Samsung, 07 Apr 2013Im an S2 user and wanting to upgrade. Sure samsung is a great phone, even if it feels plastick... moreHTC One has the upper hand in the camera department. It may be "only" 4MP but it's sufficient and the result is better. Try the cameras yourself and you'll see. I don't even have to mention Zoe and OIS and the dual membrane microphones. ;)
[deleted post]Wat a htc fanboy...
C wat u can find out
I have one x its brilliant .htc one beats all of the phones.galaxy. s 4 is toy.well done htc
Im an S2 user and wanting to upgrade. Sure samsung is a great phone, even if it feels plasticky but its the inside that matters. I was looking at this HTC ONE, and it got my attention, apparently the only thing that i dont like is this 4MP ultrapixel thing, now that is a gimmick, if this HTC ONE has 13MP camera i Will get it. For samsung was my phone for 2 years now and want to change phone for a different experience... but... HTC ONE... *sigh*... 4MP... *sigh*... samsung will get my money again
AnonD-132898, 06 Apr 2013Galaxy S4 is the clear winner because of the followings
1) Better and bigger screen: The 5 in... moreHTC One is the clear winner because of the following:
1) Better screen: The 4.7 inch SuperLCD3 has powerful whites, better viewing angles, and truecolor narutal colors then SGS4's Amoled. S4 has has Adobe RGB mode which allows to adjust colour accuracy (but it does it really bad; natural is not natural but pastel)
2) Much better camera: HTC One camera can shoot photos with more realistic colors and faster because a faster shuter speed. The field of view is also larger on the HTC One. And OIS along with the UltraPixel tech makes better night shots.
3) Better battery: It uses a Li-Ion Polymer battery that has a much longer life span. S4's can be removed and on the other hand.
4) Better hardware: Better FF camera with wide-angle lens. Front facing stereo speakers. Internal sound amplifiers. Optical Image Stabilisation on the camera lens. Tough aluminium unibody build. (Same CPU/GPU)
5) More useful software: BlinkFeed, Zoe, Sense 5. The best Android keyboard interface ever, with gestures to operate easily and intuitively.
6) Build quality: Dont get me started. HyperGlazed polycarbonate scratches just by looking at it. HTC One is almost scratch-proof ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EWqPpYVE08 ) It has better in-hand feel due to a rigid design and tapered back. Only 4mm on the sides so it feels extremely thin but a nice 9.3mm on the centre back so it fits your hand like a glove.
7) Internal storage: has 32/64GB NAND. More then enough for everyone. Also supports USB OTG to connect a USB stick or an external disk. NAND is much faster, more durable and has incredibly longer life span then SD cards.
8) Customer support: HTC customers support are fast and friendly. Samsung has the worst costumer support ever (at least in my experience)
Others: I could operate One X with gloves. And a screen too sensitive just makes new kinds of problems. Samsung has better name recognition but they don't devote themselfs to producing only smartphones. They make loads of other things like other OEM's. HTC WAS the face of Android and will be again. HTC has smartphone herritage and Android wouldn't be if not for HTC and especially SENSE UI/UX that made Andoid usefull and easy to operate. They are the official sponsor of UEFA and Champions league of football. People notice the beautiful build of HTC's devices and the new marketing campaign will help more to promote. Which brings me to aftersale. Nothing makes the price last and people wanna buy it like good hardware like HTC One has along with it's incredible metall builld. Accessories are plentiful. Really, I don't see the point here at all. Original HTC accessories are the best and other manufacturers follow the design cues.
The bottom line really is that you will simply FALL IN LOVE WITH the HTC ONE when you get your hands on it.
If you compare the devices hand-in-hand, side-by-side the effect will just be grater. Trust me. HTC One feels more polished and looks so much better. From hardware standpoint as well as the software standpoind. Holistic, ZEN and stylish interface that is intuative and very easy to use throughout the whole experience.
pocketdrummer, 05 Apr 2013I don't see how GSMArena missed the on-going HTC issue with Auto-focus and White balance. T... moreIf you're as up to date with mobile news as you pretend to be, you 'd know that was a problem with the non-final build of the software. The final retail build of the software does not have this issue.
One is good. But Samsung wins this time. Again.
Zero Gap technology !!! FAIL
AnonD-132626, 05 Apr 2013I love HTC. Had my htc desire from since it came out and still works perfectly even after many... moreYes. But what I missed in One is the megapixel. I know there is a hot debate here, but I think the higher megapixel is safer.
AnonD-130581, 05 Apr 2013You are crying for longer battery life and yet you are opting for the irremovable battery - HT... moreI just don't see ur point as a must have, because I never need a removable battery because I simply use powerbank, as well as SD card. The point is, what is the best phone depend on ur need. For me, HTC One is the better option over Galaxy4. But for other people, Galaxy4 might be better. No bad phone here, both are amazing and super fast!
[deleted post]That AnandTech editor is a biased HTC user
I copy and paste:
"I've never given any smartphone an editors choice award before, though I daily regret not giving the One S an award of some kind. For the HTC One I'm giving our Editors Choice Gold award, which is our second highest award. The One is an incredibly awesome device"
"I'm a big fan of the HTC One and can see myself using it for quite a while, even without seeing necessarily everything of its main upcoming contenders. It's a device which amazingly is built to the kind of specifications I'd want from a device — huge emphasis on camera, all metal construction with actively tuned antennas, and a powerful SoC inside.
NOTE HE WRITE: "even without seeing necessarily everything of its main upcoming contenders"
You know "Ultrapixel" is just a marketing term HTC came up with right? Because if they tell you it's 4 mega pixel camera people would be disappointed. :)
Samsung Galaxy S4 wins without much effort. Too many advantages over the HTC One. HTC has better audio and is made out of aluminimum which are the only key points. S4 has memory card slot, removable back cover, much better camera and screen, better proccessors and tons of features which work very well. Galaxy S4 FTW
Galaxy S4 is the clear winner because of the followings
1) Better and bigger screen: The 5 inch Super Amoled has better contrast, better viewing angles, more vivid colours than One's 4.7 IPS LCD. But S4 has has Adobe RGB mode which allows to adjust colour accuracy (according to preference)
2) Much better camera: S4 camera can shoot much sharper photos with lots of details with accurate colours and less noise. Also it has better night shots.
3) Better battery: More power efficient battery, removable back cover for extra battery, wireless charging.
4) Better hardware: Superior CPU and GPU, barometer, thermometer.
5) More software: Multi-Window Air Viw, Air Gesture, Eye Scroll, Eye Pause, S-Health etc.It also has SwiftKey keyboard included which is the best keyboard for Android.
6) Touch sensitivity: Galaxy S4 has super high touch sensitive screen that can work with gloves (very useful in winter)
7) Build quality: polycarbonate is much harder to scatch than aluminimum. S4 is more compact (thinner, lighter). Also the S4 has Gorilla Glass 3 which is 40% more scratch resistant than HTC One's Gorilla Glass 2.
8) Expandable storage: S4 has micro-sd card slot upto 64 GB. So much more HD videos, songs and game can be stored into the S4 than HTC One.
9) Customer support: Samsung has customer care offices all over the globe unlike HTC. Galaxy S4 is expected to be updated to the latest software after 2 years (as we have seen with the Galaxy S2). No such thing can be said for HTC One.
10) Higher resale value: Because of better brand recognition, S4 will have higher resale value than HTC One
11) More accessories: There are lots of accessories for Samsung phones in the market worldwide, unlike HTC.
AnonD-132626, 05 Apr 2013I love HTC. Had my htc desire from since it came out and still works perfectly even after many... moreYou are crying for longer battery life and yet you are opting for the irremovable battery - HTC One LOL. This is funny. I doubt you are really "repair phones for a living". Don't you know with a removable battery option, you can actually UPGRADE your BATTERY?
For instances, you can extend Galaxy S3 battery life by extra 85% with Hyperion's 4200mAh battery or extra 60% with Seidio's Innocell 3500mAh battery. Removable battery is a must nowadays. How HTC One fixed 2600mAh able to compete with that?
The same as SD card slot. You can buy the phone model with the lowest available storage, so that it costs less. Then upgrade the storage with the SD card, as SD price is far far cheaper than the mobile build-in storage.
Do you know that China's version of HTC One has SD card slot? If no demand, why they do that? Read this http://www.gsmarena.com/chinese_htc_one_802w_has_microsd_card_two_sims-news-5807.php
I don't see how GSMArena missed the on-going HTC issue with Auto-focus and White balance.
They're so erratic, it's a chore to watch. You can't just enjoy what you're watching because you're always concious of the continuously changing focus and white balance. It absolutely RUINS videos. I had the same issue with the HTC One X. I had a great scene I wanted to capture and the entire time it was going in and out of focus. I ended up with a worthless video of something I really wanted to remember.
I love HTC. Had my htc desire from since it came out and still works perfectly even after many drops and falls. I decided to get an S3....couldn't stand it, changed for a one X+.....YEAH!!! For most samsung lovers, thin, light and plastic is good but I prefer to feel like I am holding something of value considerate how much these phones cost.
Its funny how people go on about SD cards and removable batteries with so much pride, seriously? Stop hindering technology instead we should be for more storage and better batteries, The fact that these phones do so much amazing things and you have to worry about your usage disgusts me. I mean are the no battery production companies out there? In the past few years mobile technology has advanced rapidly but no progress is being made with the most important component of all...the battery!!! No matter how beautiful your 5inc Full HD is, its blank when battery goes. Some genius I know u out there please rescue our batteries from stone age so our smartphones can go atleast 2 days with some good thrashing. Hats off to motorola, waiting for you to get back in the game. I was excited about s4 i thought once samsung had the specs right with s3 they would get the build right with s4....disappointed!!
If i did get the s4 i'd miss the HTC build, zoe, boomsound(I was actually thinking when someone was going to do something about mobile phones awkward speaks placement).
If i did get the htc one the only thing i'd really miss on s4 is multiwindow, definitely not removable batteries or sd card.
HTC puts more efforts in their phone definitely more than samsung, i would know as i repair phones for a living.
Only failure on HTC part is their marketing sucks: SELL THE WHOLE PHONE NOT JUST INDIVIDUAL FEATURES YOU ARE PROUD OF.
#rantout# HTC One for me :)