Do not, I repeat, DO NOT come anywhere close to this phone. Where do I begin?
1. Transferring data to the S4 from my old one was a nightmare. The Samsung SmartSwitch software that Samsung seems to be so proud of is so riddled with errors and problems that even the Tmobile support people had me reverse it, uninstall all Samsung software from my phone and computer, and they steered me to downloading Microsoft Outlook on the phone and doing it that way. The problem here, of course, is if you use Outlook for your data, you can't get support from anyone but Microsoft.
2. The Samsung Kies backup and sync software, that Samsung also seems to be so proud of, is even worse than SmartSwitch. Only synced some things, not others, kept erroring out, etc.
3. Samsung support? Embarrassing. It was so bad I actually felt sorry for the poor unprepared and untrained people they put on the phone to take care of me. Tier I is basically people who have never even touched an S4 that are reading from a script written by an 8 year old. So when you finally get wise to this (and they've wasted 2 hours of your time), and you ask for Tier II support, you have to sit on hold for almost 2 more hours until you get an actual person. And when I did get someone, he only got me as far as wiping my phone to factory settings and then just told me at a high level what I needed to do after we hung up! Horrible.
4. Functionality of the phone itself is terrible. To do simple things like open the phone out of its lock screen can take 10 or more swipes. Using it is not even remotely user friendly -- and I'm a gadget geek saying this.
Samsung should be ashamed of putting something like this on the market -- which I'd tell them myself if I could ever get through to a person.
HI, I have a received a software update for my galaxy s4 in INDIA of 26.40MB on july 29th. can any1 tel me wt changes this brings to my phone??
Ever time I upload a picture on Facebook it uploads like 5 to 7 pictures when I just uploaded 1 why does that happen?
This is the best phone everrr, the camera is very good, the resolution is betyer than s3, so I think its the best phone
I own a Galaxy S4. This is by far the best and most detailed review that I have read. Well done. Every S4 user would learn something new reading this article.
I really like my S4 and both my sons who use iPhones agree the S4 is so much better.
Dear User, Do not buys SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 from Flipkart. They are selling Faulty phone to the Customer.
Issue – SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 won’t be charged with USAB cable through your Laptop or PC.
Review Input - SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 is not worth. There is NO Value for Money.
They won’t refund neither they will not exchange So Invest your money accordingly.
Go to a Local shop and by where you can go back again and refund, exchange, fight, scold or anything.
But in case of Flipkart it is other way around you have to run pillar to post
shayanno1998, 18 Jun 2013hi everyone I need ur help alot!!!! does s4 has lots of bugs and lags??? im really worried abo... moreNo Lag here, check out my video, not the best, LOL.
Anonymous, 12 May 2013I try out both version pf S4 and both lags and glitch. i bought Nexus 4 better than both.Dream on!
Hi im having problems sending files like videos thru NFC.im using galaxynote2 as well but didnt encounter such. is anybody here experiencing the same. Does S4 really have to be installed an external nfc tags? Please help me
I also remember I had this magnetice ribbon batter-powered device and it was so awesome!!!! Oh Ya! my walkman type portable tape player had a radio tuner built into it which could tune in FM stations with a digital tuner back in the early 1990's so thinking how there are apps "tune" in internet radio, why would I want FM to only get the same stations I can get online with other stations ALL OVER THE WORLD????
"The design is played out" WTF is that .supposed to mean? I guess that rectangle shape owned by that fruit company is "played out" already time for a big square shape or something new is due. Also those gel-cases aren't too "plasticy" seeing as lots are around and made to cover a "premium" type finish. Good thing I read this ifno to learn me some info ;-)
Hey. Is it possible to send music from gs4 to another mobile by using bluetooth? I does not work for me..i can send foto and videos...but no music..can anybody help?
Hi , we still waiting the update here in saudia arabia , when it will come out pls ?
I've been using the S4 i9500 since the day it was launched inIndia I.e. 27th April and I absolutely love this phone.
Here's my take on it:
1. Display: Simply fantastic and super sharp.
2. Speed: Handles everything you throw at it with ease.
3. Overheating issues: It is normal for a smartphone to heat up considerably when charging or using heavy duty apps. There is no need to worry about it.
I've used the Galaxy Nexus & the Nexus S prior to this and both phones used to heat up as much as the S4 does! Remember, this phone has 4 powerful processors so it's natural for them to generate heat! Have you ever noticed how hot a laptop can get with extended usage?
4. Bloatware: This was a major concern initially considering you only had 8gb of available storage, however, with the latest software update it is now possible to move almost all apps to external sd storage freeing up precious internal storage space.
To sum it up I would say that the S4 is one of the best Android phones, if not the best available today and you can go for it without much thought!
Ash_007, 24 May 2013ok so ive got the phone a while now ryt...
& last night was the 1st time i experienced th... moreDude, don't put the phone next to the heater, it heats up a lot even by itself while doing complicated tasks such as updating. Besides that, constant heat will wear out your battery.