Very good benchmark results, may own Iphone 6 if comes with at least a 4.5 inch display.
Really?, 28 Sep 2013So to summarise:
1. Apple has created synthetic test monster, yet again, for 2013. So much... moreyou sir live in you own iCocoon.
There are 7 billion people on the planet...
A lot of them want a lot of other things on a smartphone that you might not find useful.
They refuse to use a mediocre smartphone when there are phones out their which are light years ahead.
AnonD-146024, 28 Sep 2013In 2011 I bought iPhone 4s for me & samsung S2 for wife. Whereas S2 only survived its shor... moredrop an s2 and iphone s4s...I know which one will get a cracked screen or back.
Anonymous, 28 Sep 2013Oh, you mean the pre-production unit that Samsung explicitly asked them not to do benchmarks o... moreYou're right, my mistake. I should've been more careful, shouldn't have jumped to such conclusion. I apologies to GSMA for making such accusation.
Really?, 28 Sep 2013So to summarise:
1. Apple has created synthetic test monster, yet again, for 2013. So much... moreQuite frankly, I dont care about the Android stuff the same way I do about the Apple - says everything - your aguement is biased so hard towards apple, that i really cant take your comment seriously. You feel like an intelligent person who has an opinion, when looking from far. Really reading through the comment, you are just another so called "Apple Fanboy", whos arguements end up with, "i like", "Apple is the king", "Nobody needs more than iOS" - Which in general, mean nothing. And in the end, your just bashing every Android user, for not agreeing with yourself. This is not well arguemented comment, its crap wraped in nice paper, alltho some points i can ey to ey with you.
1. This is allmost true, but - im changing my 4,7" screen to 6,4" just for this reason, that i want better web browsing. iOS gives smooth scrolling, no argueing there, but its just too damn small and uncomfortable too. Other winds on the market, lets look at iphones direct competition, are so close, that the size is actually iPhones biggest downside.
2.This arguement doesnt say anything more, than "ok its not better than other, but im fine with cause it ok with ME" - yet again point that has 0 value.
3.Are you really sure - cause when nexus 4 came out, a lot of people we upset cause 16Gigs was max they could get. Its preference and more content we see for mobile, more memory we will use. I really dont get whats the point of arguement here.
4. Thers a comment "I like it" which can be valid only in case of question "which do u prefer?" I want bigger screen, i like bigger screen, cause its better forr e-mail, document, web and media use. Honestly I get frustrated using web with any ihpone now, i have to scroll so damn much, even with smallest artices.iPhone is not a MOBILE PHONE, therefor the screen arguement is just to justify the Apples choice of smaller screen.
5.Nokia 1100 does everything you need for most people and does it better than any phone on the market - good reception, awsome battery, small and comfortable and has most functions you really need - so why go for wrose device in comparison? Bashing some other functionality, cause u dont see much use for it, shows clealry closed mind with need to arguement their poor choice. There are tons of stuff in every phone, that not all seems to have use for - even ur pressious iPhone.
6. True and true - it is very expensive and that is the biggest problem for apple, in my mind. That price is not something you can compete with in longrun - companies like Samsung will just flood yours with their "phone for every price" politics.
7. Havent seen 5S and 5C yet, but not the case with 5, bad chosen aluminium casing let to worn out phone with bad look - not premium to me. But i must agree, that desgin, build and detail wise, iPhone is one of the top devices. Tho other companies, like HTC and Sony are really playing on the same couryard allready.
8.If you left the brackets out - it would be refined and solid arguement, but that Samsung hate runs deep, doesnt it. Claming that normal evolutionary step in computing is copying "Apple innnovation" is as solid as argueing that your brother is coping you, cause he uses same number shoes aS you are. Well people grow, u need bigger shoes. Agree that Apple was first to reach the magical 64 bit barrier, but this was in plan anyway, and for all phones - fro mthe start they made "smarthpone status". Do you think all the 64bit processing news were just a hoax - and apple found something "new"? multi core, 64 bit processings are just natural next steps, the time just have to be right for those techs to be relevant. Alltho it rose an eybrow, when samsung hurried to make news.
9. It is, so is my current LG, and Samsung S4 that my friend is using and the HTC one my coworker has atm. Cant argue that Apple does good optimisation and requires less "cores" to achieve that - but smoothness is something that you "feel", so there are as many opinions as there is people.
10. "Size doesnt matter, smaller is better!" says apple "Size doesnt matter, smaller is better" cheer the acolytes. For me the iphone is too small, not ment for media and web - too unconfortable, for me allmost unusable - sop whats your point? You cant argue with "i like it so" cause then theres no point of argueing. Yeah pocket wise smaller is better, but usability is crap - if you have to read a long document, whach a movie or browse the net, more screen means less scrolling which equals better result.
I like, i like, i like is all i can hear. People that i know all use iphones - all stydies show that you sir are foull of crap. Then anger runs deep, termo-nuclear war against android has had time to sink in to all i-users. "Oh take ur plastic phones" - u mean ike HTC one, that has made from aluminium, or the less known Oppo N1, "and leave us iphone users be?"
I dont need to spend more time in my phone, i want to, cause i value the freedom of making things the way i like. I hate beeing told, this is what u like, this is whats easy - i like freedom.
I find it sad, that most I"product name here" users tend to go to arguements like iLike and Apple said so, clouding them for seeing what is actually going on. The main reason why Apple has lost the innovative side, is that all they say is taken like words from the god, that "you shall not question" - meaning the consumers are happy, why bother. I like the iOS7 more than i have on previous versions, even had tiny idea of going for one for try, but it faided soon, when i remebered the iTunes crap. iProducts have solid qualities and progress that you'd expect from a tech company - but most of thier users just preach what has been given to them on "product quick sheet" as "ultimate truth"
AnonD-977, 27 Sep 2013VLC and other players are available for free in the App store.
Import whatever videos you w... moreYou don't need a vlc player for S4 since its own player handles all kinds of video straight out of the box.
But in any case there is a VLC player on the playStore in case you need it for whatever reason.
AnonD-126844, 28 Sep 2013yes,dual core 1.3 is faster than android quad core. but for the least amount of money,i can g... moreThe other reason why iPhone operates smoothly is because lower screen resolution. It even less than HD resolution. Put full HD spec on that hardware and I am sure it will get lags.
[deleted post]Oh, you mean the pre-production unit that Samsung explicitly asked them not to do benchmarks on or a full review? That one? You're right. What was I thinking. They've had access to that for a couple weeks now (assuming they didn't follow usual procedure and have to send it back, but, hey, you know more than everyone here with your great assumptions). They should have definitely popped out a full review based on that one. /s
Really?, 28 Sep 2013So to summarise: 1. Apple has created synthetic test monster, yet again, for 2013. So much... moreLet me add another. 11. People usually puts plastic case or bumper which eclipse it's beauty and increase its size and weight hence making it just like other plastic phones.
So to summarise:
1. Apple has created synthetic test monster, yet again, for 2013. So much so that the phones main function, the web browsing (other than calls) is ridiculously better than any other phone right now.
2. Its battery life is more than acceptable.
3. You can get up to 64GB, with most people only needing 16GB I am sure.
4. Its screen is fantastic, although not as big as you'd like - even though sales figures clearaly suggest that people like smaller screens for their phones - you guys still seem to think bigger is better when it comes to MOBILE phones.
5. iOS7 does everything you need from a phone for most people, and arguably, does what it does better than any other phone available. (I dont know a single person who would use eye scroll)
6. Its expensive.
7. Its the most refined and expertly crafted phone, that oozes quality in your hand.
8. It offers 64 bit processing - a world first in a phone. (guess what! Samsung is now PROMISING to sell that soon as well)
9. Its butter smooth to use.
10. And although GSMArena says its a disadvantage being smaller - its also a lot more comfortable and easy in your pocket!
Quite frankly, I dont care about the Android stuff the same way I do about the Apple, but all these people, most probably paid, get some some sort of personal vendetta against Apple - just cause they are a premium brand.
if you dont get it, dont worry about it, just enjoy your plastic phone with laptop size and awesome BENCHMARKS and leave the people to enjoy their iPhones - I know what I like as well as most people.
The only thing I find amusing, is how android people seem to think because they spend more time, or need to spend more time I should say, operating their phones, that this some how makes them smart... as if operating a phone requires some sort of education.
The fact is - professionals with varying backgrounds in finance, law, engineers, etc either have an iPhone cause it does everything unmatched and beautifully - unless of course you need rock solid security for emails in which case you get a BlackBerry.
All these people like mobile phone sales people - think they are educated because they operate a phone with moving backgrounds. thats just funny.
Best smartphone in the world. I can't wait to have this phone. The only phone that is worthy replacement to my Lumia 920.
AnonD-179696, 28 Sep 2013Apple build quality? Few months ago gsmarena shows that , millions of mad apple users still u... moreThere are plenty of Galaxy S4's with broken glass that I've seen. People are too lazy to get it fixed or it's too expensive. Apple now provide accidental damage cover for such scenarios with Care+.
AnonD-126844, 28 Sep 2013yes,dual core 1.3 is faster than android quad core.
but for the least amount of money,i can g... moreComparing the iPhone to other models purely on specs is misleading, since the actual phone performance stacks up with the best in class. The software utilises the hardware more efficiently.
You need to try iPhone to see if it suits your needs or not, then make a call whether spending that kind of money is worth it.
AnonD-146024, 28 Sep 2013In 2011 I bought iPhone 4s for me & samsung S2 for wife. Whereas S2 only survived its shor... moreApple build quality? Few months ago gsmarena shows that , millions of mad apple users still using their iphone with shattered glass. Apple fan's only need some gimmick names, like retina .
[deleted post]It's a fair comment. I've had my iPhone 5 for 7 months now and tried to take care of it the best I can, but even in a case it will scratch the aluminium, especially when dust or sand gets stuck in between it accidentally.
It doesn't make it less functional, but from a resale perspective it's not great.
AnonD-5197, 28 Sep 2013Cons - TouchID is greatly underused. Absolutely as expected.What GSMARENA are saying is that the use of TouchID within the OS is limited, not that people are not or won't be using it.
According to PCMAG, only 50% of users use a passcode to protect their phone. TouchID could potentially increase this number because of its simplicity.
TouchID will eventually be extended to other services, I'm sure, but for now, let's get people using it for the most basic of things.