Apple , 09 Oct 2013Is still the king. This shakes in its shoes around the iPhone 5S. Too much power.
The iPhon... moreiPhone, ew. It's so 2011, getting some more things Android has been featuring. It can't do split screen tasking because it's under powered and has a small screen.
It'll take another 2 years to get an additional .5" to its screen, and probably half a gig of RAM to handle more stuff.
Not recognizing the Galaxy Note 3 as something innovative is like telling everyone that Nokia is still king over Apple.
My uncle will buy me this phone on November. I'm so excited.
Had just saw on homepage of gsma desktop version regarding daily devices hits. Oh boy! Note 3 top with on wnd S4. Note 3 is an engineering marvels. No doubts about that
AnonD-134749, 09 Oct 2013so note 3 should treat a benchmark test a real software not a special software. the core get o... moreThe Note 3 never "overclocked" the CPU for benchmarks, it simply pushed them to the maximum 2.3mhz.
As i said, the Note 3 also does this for a lot of other programs when under heavy load. My Note 3 spent 44% of the first 4 hours running at 2.3mhz and I never ran a single benchmark in that time.
Clearly it's not cheating its just being smart by making the best use of a really powerful phone when under heavy load.
AnonD-77443, 09 Oct 2013Actually your wrong. Samsung's explanation was that when the Note 3 is under heavy load it ... moreso note 3 should treat a benchmark test a real software not a special software. the core get over clocked to give more results
AnonD-77443, 09 Oct 2013Actually your wrong. Samsung's explanation was that when the Note 3 is under heavy load it ... morenot true it check for software.if it is a benchmark software it give inflated score the link mentioned it. if the name of software is changed it dosent. he even riped apart note 3 software coding to reveal that note 3 is made to check for benchmark test an give false results
Is still the king. This shakes in its shoes around the iPhone 5S. Too much power.
The iPhone is too sexy for its shirt.
I just got this device over the weekend and it is a experience to own this phone. I would have given 10 out of 10 for this this phone had Samsung added OIS.
AnonD-134749, 08 Oct 2013http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/10/galaxy-note-3s-benchmarking-adjustments-inflate-scores-... moreActually your wrong.
Samsung's explanation was that when the Note 3 is under heavy load it is designed to run at its maximum processor speed (i.e. 2300 mHz).
I spent yesterday setting up my phone, installing a lot of apps and data, testing the 4G but never ran any bench marks.
Over a 4 hour period my phone spent 44% of the time at 2300mHz (using CPU spy). Therefore i tend to believe samsung. If you are doing a lot the N3 is designed to run at maximum speed... that includes bench marks. Its not Samsungs fault if their software is more advanced than others.
For what its worth, I ran Antutu this morning and scored 35500. Also, 4G download speeds (only one test) are 3500kB/s down and 2900kB/s up on the Telstra network in regional Australia at 6pm.
Just a quick review after using the Note 3 (N9005) for nearly a day.
- The screen has really white whites... it nearly makes the note 2 whites look grey when web browsing.
- Viewing angles, colours and sharpness are all better on the GN3..... overall the screen is AMAZING!
- The home button is raised a bit more and feels good.
- The email app has been revamped.. It looks great and works really well.
- Move apps to SD is available and works well.
- The spen sensitivity and functions are a lot better.
- 4.3 is generally a lot better laid out and easier to use.
- 4G speeds were 3600kB/s down and 2900kB/s up.
- DC 3G was 740kB/s down.
- All apps and features have been cleaned up with different colours and new fonts and look a lot nicer especially with the HD screen. Samsung has actually gone away from the flat look on things like buttons and it looks great.
- Everything is snappier than the GN2 which wasn't slow by any means.
- Web browsing on wifi uses about 9-10% per hour. That's good but not as good as the GN2. I'm expecting this will be improved.
- Idle is using around 1% per hour but i haven't tested it over an extended period. Video battery usage hasn't been tested yet.
- There is no black clipping of videos like there was on the original note.
- Build quality is first rate. The "metal" edge and new back look and feel great.
- The usb 3.0 plug feels a lot better, haven't tested it for speed yet.
- The sound quality from the headphones is as good as i have heard.
- I have had the device reboot a few times... it should be fixed in a firmware update VERY SOON SAMSUNG!!!
- No FM radio.
- It seems to run 1-2 degrees warmer than the GN2.
- Camera controls aren't as easy to use.
Over all its better than the note 2 in almost every way. Probably not as big a step up as the note 2 was over the note but still a great upgrade and arguably the best phone available.
AnonD-189800, 08 Oct 2013that display !!! damn best F*****g display on a phone ever ..just brilliant !! has a pen to wr... moreI agree with your comments, except the speaker is feeble, they should have stuck with the Note 2 one, it'd be near perfect then for me anyway.
that display !!! damn best F*****g display on a phone ever ..just brilliant !! has a pen to write with , insane amount of ram , best processor with snappy 800 , good cam ..what more do u want in a phone ? if size and cost aren't major issue then this the will be the best phone for sometime
Note 3 is the best Samsung Galaxy phone ever released not because of the features coz mostly those are available in the GS4 except for the S-Pen but this time I should commend Sammy for putting up a nice design concept at the back. I really like how the Note 3 feels in the hand coz it feels so premium. However, I like to have a unique Android phone which might lead me to getting the new Acer Liquid S2. I had lost my interest over the upcoming Lumia 1520 knowing that it might not have an option to put a micro SD card to expand the memory.
Anonymous, 08 Oct 2013Oh. I got it. A jealous troll who has no technological information. You should try not being s... morehttp://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/10/galaxy-note-3s-benchmarking-adjustments-inflate-scores-by-up-to-20/
so note 3 get 20% extra cheat score in benchmark. gsm arena should review the review and compare to true benchmark.
Hi frnds, I want to buy a new smartphone but I'm totally confused, which one is the best buy (note3, xperia z1, gs4 i9505) plus help me to choose .
AnonD-77875, 08 Oct 2013this phone is awesome specially the new features of s pen... and the fun even doubles by using... moreim sorry but the new spen air command thing is very complicated to use. you need to be a computer wizard to use it... most people have hard time finding the dialer on phones.......air command is total waste and terrible user interface
i benchmarked a note 3 demo which came to our shop which obviously didn't have the benchmarking overclock system added in and it got 26,000 on antutu and 45fps on epic citadel. It's basically the same as the S4 without the trickery.
exynos vs snapdragon review plz...
Hi GSMArena, would you know if the Note 3 uses a Wolfson audio chip? I'm just curious although the audio quality base on the review is very solid. Thanks!