Is still the king. This shakes in its shoes around the iPhone 5S. Too much power.
The iPhone is too sexy for its shirt.
I just got this device over the weekend and it is a experience to own this phone. I would have given 10 out of 10 for this this phone had Samsung added OIS.
AnonD-134749, 08 Oct 2013http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/10/galaxy-note-3s-benchmarking-adjustments-inflate-scores-... moreActually your wrong.
Samsung's explanation was that when the Note 3 is under heavy load it is designed to run at its maximum processor speed (i.e. 2300 mHz).
I spent yesterday setting up my phone, installing a lot of apps and data, testing the 4G but never ran any bench marks.
Over a 4 hour period my phone spent 44% of the time at 2300mHz (using CPU spy). Therefore i tend to believe samsung. If you are doing a lot the N3 is designed to run at maximum speed... that includes bench marks. Its not Samsungs fault if their software is more advanced than others.
For what its worth, I ran Antutu this morning and scored 35500. Also, 4G download speeds (only one test) are 3500kB/s down and 2900kB/s up on the Telstra network in regional Australia at 6pm.
Just a quick review after using the Note 3 (N9005) for nearly a day.
- The screen has really white whites... it nearly makes the note 2 whites look grey when web browsing.
- Viewing angles, colours and sharpness are all better on the GN3..... overall the screen is AMAZING!
- The home button is raised a bit more and feels good.
- The email app has been revamped.. It looks great and works really well.
- Move apps to SD is available and works well.
- The spen sensitivity and functions are a lot better.
- 4.3 is generally a lot better laid out and easier to use.
- 4G speeds were 3600kB/s down and 2900kB/s up.
- DC 3G was 740kB/s down.
- All apps and features have been cleaned up with different colours and new fonts and look a lot nicer especially with the HD screen. Samsung has actually gone away from the flat look on things like buttons and it looks great.
- Everything is snappier than the GN2 which wasn't slow by any means.
- Web browsing on wifi uses about 9-10% per hour. That's good but not as good as the GN2. I'm expecting this will be improved.
- Idle is using around 1% per hour but i haven't tested it over an extended period. Video battery usage hasn't been tested yet.
- There is no black clipping of videos like there was on the original note.
- Build quality is first rate. The "metal" edge and new back look and feel great.
- The usb 3.0 plug feels a lot better, haven't tested it for speed yet.
- The sound quality from the headphones is as good as i have heard.
- I have had the device reboot a few times... it should be fixed in a firmware update VERY SOON SAMSUNG!!!
- No FM radio.
- It seems to run 1-2 degrees warmer than the GN2.
- Camera controls aren't as easy to use.
Over all its better than the note 2 in almost every way. Probably not as big a step up as the note 2 was over the note but still a great upgrade and arguably the best phone available.
AnonD-189800, 08 Oct 2013that display !!! damn best F*****g display on a phone ever ..just brilliant !! has a pen to wr... moreI agree with your comments, except the speaker is feeble, they should have stuck with the Note 2 one, it'd be near perfect then for me anyway.
that display !!! damn best F*****g display on a phone ever ..just brilliant !! has a pen to write with , insane amount of ram , best processor with snappy 800 , good cam ..what more do u want in a phone ? if size and cost aren't major issue then this the will be the best phone for sometime
Note 3 is the best Samsung Galaxy phone ever released not because of the features coz mostly those are available in the GS4 except for the S-Pen but this time I should commend Sammy for putting up a nice design concept at the back. I really like how the Note 3 feels in the hand coz it feels so premium. However, I like to have a unique Android phone which might lead me to getting the new Acer Liquid S2. I had lost my interest over the upcoming Lumia 1520 knowing that it might not have an option to put a micro SD card to expand the memory.
Anonymous, 08 Oct 2013Oh. I got it. A jealous troll who has no technological information. You should try not being s... morehttp://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/10/galaxy-note-3s-benchmarking-adjustments-inflate-scores-by-up-to-20/
so note 3 get 20% extra cheat score in benchmark. gsm arena should review the review and compare to true benchmark.
Hi frnds, I want to buy a new smartphone but I'm totally confused, which one is the best buy (note3, xperia z1, gs4 i9505) plus help me to choose .
AnonD-77875, 08 Oct 2013this phone is awesome specially the new features of s pen... and the fun even doubles by using... moreim sorry but the new spen air command thing is very complicated to use. you need to be a computer wizard to use it... most people have hard time finding the dialer on phones.......air command is total waste and terrible user interface
i benchmarked a note 3 demo which came to our shop which obviously didn't have the benchmarking overclock system added in and it got 26,000 on antutu and 45fps on epic citadel. It's basically the same as the S4 without the trickery.
Hi GSMArena, would you know if the Note 3 uses a Wolfson audio chip? I'm just curious although the audio quality base on the review is very solid. Thanks!
x1080px, 08 Oct 2013Yeah I couldn't find them either. the pic might be an error.if so they need to take it off.Yeah agreed, I think it's been posted in the review in error too . Gsm can you clarify this please?
Anonymous, 06 Oct 2013No idea where gsm find that sounds options list in the picture.. I've looked everywhere in my ... moreYeah I couldn't find them either. the pic might be an error.if so they need to take it off.
this phone is awesome specially the new features of s pen... and the fun even doubles by using this phone with the Samsung galaxy gear...
AnonD-171976, 07 Oct 2013cheating benchmark, copycat feature, fooling people with number of core and the design totally... moreOh. I got it. A jealous troll who has no technological information. You should try not being so obvious.
Today I was late to a meeting and had no pen and paper. I just grabbed my GN3 and started taking notes free-hand. I used to have the NOTE1 and loved it the speed and ease is so much better with the GN3 and also the hand writing is incredible. One can really takes notes in a meeting with confidence after the meeting the woman next to me was commenting on how she saw me writing and the device just converting in real time she was dead impressed.
I know the NOTE is not for everyone but I am really glad that I got it. I find it so strange that nobody had yet made a real go of challenging the NOTE series with regards to Stylus input. I think that is the only way that it can be beaten.