I assure it is the best phone camera you can get, due probably to its ccd sensor. It also has flash with anti red eye effect. The screen is also the best you can get. The player is ok, you can make only one playlist, but sound quality very good.
i think this set is nice but i would like to ask about the MP3 player can it play back and forward in the same audio file? or just play/pause player?
also the camera do it really have a flash or night mode?
hope to hear from u soon and thanks so much
hi all, the my x 8 is a great handset, but very long in the tooth now, does anybody know if a my x 9 is on the horizon , i think 2 years is a long enough product run for any phone even one as good as this one.......cheers.
can u please help me to configure my internet settings on the phone,when i approached my service provider (STC-Riyadh,K.S.A)to do so,they were helpless becoz the internet setting configuration of the sagem was not provided to them by the SAGEM company,can anyone of you plz help or at least furnish details of the best contact person ,or mail me the configuration.this mobile is fine for me apart from this present problem .
i have been use this phone for 1 year,
i like the design very much n it really a charming phone..i love it.
I tried so much kinda phones,but this 1 is the wonderfull joker of my life,and i won't change it until SAGEM compagny will make an other one better than this,i advice u to try the magic phone : SAGEM X-8 just do it,and u'll never mind.go on....
well, been using for a year + now. Its the best !
(1)screen picture quality is best in market!
(2) sound is Great !
(3)igot 1GB miniSD card with tons of MP3s !
(4) great camera ! and zoom ! and video !
1 minor thing is that it got some dusk inside the screen ! haha. some might find it irritating but i'm alrite with it.
its such a great phone and hope it wont spoil like some of u mentioned after 1 year + of usage.~
- if audio cuts after a short hile playback, u're not using the player. that's the listen option. It cuts after about 30 secs. MP3 on mine plays until the battery goes out... or I stop... And it always starts on the last song u were playing.
- The rubber, it's not fitted nicely. Had same problem with mine. Opened the bugger up, cleaned and reattached. Clean as a whistle. Half a year now...
You're refering to the symbian OS installer. No. This phone does not have it. No phone without symbian or winmobile does...
- Standard is white. There's covers on sale on ebay with several colors but all with white faceplates. Haven't found one with the black one...
- Yes. It has bluetooth and BT modem function. Get the Wellphone prog from planetsagem or on the CD that comes with the phone
- Battery lasts 2 to 3 days. Normal use: 1 and half.
Been using this phone for some time. Guess it's bout time I put some objective points instead of nokia fanboys bashing other brands.
Phone now bout a year and half. Hasn't broken down yet... I even dropped it on several occasions. Thanks to the partial metal finishing, this is one sturdy mobile. I've got scratches, dents... u name it, it has it... ;)
- Battery lasts a good 2 days. If you play a lot of MP3s/3GPs. 1 day or less...
- Charge time is about +/-1hr
- A bit on the big n heavy side. Kinda like the early GSMs but not as heavy
- Uses MiniSD as add-on memory. Supports up to 1GB (the highest I've tried)
- MP3 and AAC as ringtones. REAL MP3s. Not some resampled file like on nokia and moto. Mine are all 128kpbs MP3s.
- Has USB support but NO USB port :(
- Stereo audio playback on headset. On loudspeaker - not sure. But sounds worlds better than others. Rivaled by new SE walkerphones...
- Really BIG screen. 262K colors are looks DAMN nice. Pics here don't do the phone justice.
- The 1.3MP camera + the screen = Wow! (I get that everytime. Heh)
- The display. See it to appreciate
- The sound quality. Superb
- Texting. Speed might be faster than nokias
- A LOT of storage space
- Has Bluetooth AND IR. (btw, if you're going BT, avoid nokias. Slowest speed among all brands. SE has the best support)
- Full motion video record and playback (if u used below 1MP phone cam, u'll know what skippy video is like eg 6600 / 6260)
- Java only download from WAP. No transfer
- No stereo out or USB port
- MP3 player only has 1 playlist
- Need to copy sounds/pics to phone mem before u can use it as wallpaper/ringtone
- A bit big and heavy (if u used SE P800/900, u get used to it...)
- Battery only 2 days...
- Camera not for shaky hands...
- Small community support. :(
i agree with peter, my phone totally damage (mother board)after 1 year. SAGEM not produce quality phone. it just design but not good in quality. nokia always a head in quality. think and think before u buy sagem.
I did buy this in end of december 2005 and i hate it !
The design is ok but thats all,
1.the quality of the internal parts and assemblys is poor.
2.the rubber frame between the display and front does not work properly i have my entire screen full of dust (then i counting like 1-2weeks to get it messy)
3.the headset causes my vioce on the other phone i call to to "echo" or simply to much gain on the mic.
(and have anyone else got annoyed on the unflexible cables in the stereoheadset)
ive got so mad that i did open my headset
and replaced the cables from mic/button unit up to earcaps link to pic:
(i recomend this mod but only if youre skilled with electronics)
4.the mp3 player sucks (may help with an firmware update) if i create an playlist
often it does not work it starts on track one
and instead of going to track two it restarts on track one and 10sec later it shuts down (the mp3player function)
5.firmware why shall i be so hard for sagem to make firmwares that are bug free i had many nokia phones which got no probles like this.
6.my conclusion is dont by this phone it is not worth the money.
does the phone has an installar and can it accomodate a software program
does the MY X8 have a bluetooth modem for internet connection over bluetooth
I think its a nice phone and i am thinkning of changing from my SE K500 but i would like to know from any one who has used it
1, if it has got a bluetooth modem from internet connection from PC
2, does it come in Black ?
3, is the battery life for real ?
last year i buying this model, now it already damage. it can't charge and heating problem. i think it not good as nokia brand...but it nice on pic and 3gp. think if you really have extra money to take risk.
To me the phone iS cute n sweet bcos it has a usb port.I wish to have it,Cos to me sagem has the best colours n graphics.
Anybody knows how to change the ringtone for the alarm in organizer? I could find any option for this.
seun, try do this, sometimes programs are put to one port so u have to go through my computer properties and reach device maneger, then find usb port and change it to the right number that program is using, (I hope u will uderstand couse my english is terrible...) I had the same problem with moto but now it works, so it is worth to try a shot :):):))::)