please send me the gprs setting and how i could be use the internet in this fone.on this id (firstname.lastname@example.org) thanx.
this mobile doesn't hav any browser and m socked to know that silent facility is nt avalable..only ringtone n vibration..
Lion, 29 Aug 2008one of great phone........u can experience highly sound quality which better than NokiaWill you please tell me on My e-mail address "email@example.com", Can i store my Images on this mobile phone
one of great phone........u can experience highly sound quality which better than Nokia
In any case what you paid for is what you got. For the price its going for the phone is OK. Its my second day am using its quite OK.
Stay away from this phone. Very low on features, nothing to talk about. absence of a browser makes it a bad choice for urban users. no prfiles, cannot vibrate & ring at the same time etc. The ui is painful to say the least, can you imagine 'key pad lock' setting inside 'display setting'. Nokia 2626 is a far better phone (I've been using that for a year) with support for downloaded games and applications, it can run opera mini too, only if you don't mind the low volume of FM.
And yes, the phone is such a flop that it doesn't even appear on samsung's site.
Happens to be a stylish phone, however, absence of internet browser can serve as a major drawback. More phones in same price range do offer a web browser.
I forgot to mention few things.
1) There are no Profiles (office, home, outdooors) as such. either it is in Ringing mode or silent mode. 2) Moreover, It cannot ring and vibrate at the same time, i guess this is the speciality of Samsung, but it is bad. 3) Suppose if u r in a meeting and a call comes, there is no provision to make it silent or else stop its vibration by click of a button.
Hi, I m using this cell since 3 weeks, my reviews will guide you...
1) Bright LCD screen with clear font display 2) The Handsfree sounds good for FM only, but voice is not clear in case of phone calls. 3) The ear piece sound is not clear for both phone calls and FM radio. 4) You cannot assign name to FM channels, they are displayed as CH01, CH02 and so on. 5) Moreover, FM channels cannot be changed thru Hands free button. It is only for calling n receiving phone calls. 6) FM recording is for total 5 min. you can record upto 10 number of clips for min 1 sec to max 5 min duration. You can set it as ringtone, but only one recording can be set as a ringtone. 7) There is no personalized ringtone function available. It is applicable to Groups only. i.e you can set a particular ringtone for ur friends and another ringtone for ur family. 8) Total 5 Voice memo of 30 sec can be recorded. Using this u can record a call also, but for 30 sec only. 9) There is no such MP3 player available, the FM recordings that u do and play is only the MP3 player as per Samsung. 10) Internet browser is not available, but Samsung says that it has GPRS. Yes it has, but I have not used it yet. Try pressing this combination on ur keypad to access GPRS Tool: *#4777*8665# . I guess it can only be used to send MMS and not browsing. 11) 5 Mb of memory is distributed in sms, mms, voice memo, FM recording, etc. 12) Some rarely used yet important functions eg. Timer, Stopwatch are missing. 13) In Security settings, you can make ur MMS, Voice Memo, Images & Sounds as private by applying Password request. But, ur SMS will be public and Keypad unlock code (as in Nokia) function is not provided. 14) There is no separate Speaker, handsets, earpiece performs both the function.
Suggestion: Consider it a basic FM radio handset with good looks and bad voice quality, with a major function of FM recording and setting it as a ringtone.
Note: In its price range of near Rs. 2000+, it is the only good handset available.
Gr8, Phone, having good stylish body and feature, it is good phone in this price range, Good Handfree speaker, and long battery.... but i think so that there is no web browser in it, and also mp3 player is disappear... overall it is good choice for regular use. but has less memory for FM Recording option...
Does this phone have a browser and a MP3 player? If yes, pls mention the location of these applications.
Sorry.. Nokia 2626 is also equally bad and not sure about samsung c160.
Better check the speaker and if you are convinced, go ahead
- The speaker is too bad. Samsung has forgot to test the speaker for phone having FM feature.
- Even call hearing also very bad ( due to bad internal speaker )
- BETTER AVOID THIS PHONE AND DONT FALL ON LOOKS!!
- Suggesting Nokia 2626 or C160 ( for this price range Rs.2000+) based on my friend's hands on expereince
Anonymous, 03 Jul 2008Do not buy this cellphone, it is a piece of junk. After reading its reviews and its specificat... moreYes i have checked the same problem in Lahore Pakistan. The phone has GPRS settings options available but no browser availability
The Samsung corporation should be reported of this inconsistency
This phone is a great phone. dont believe on blady coments from Victor. I have suggestion for everyone give comments after using the phone.
Hello people, I'm back! This time with A WARNING! If you know you need the browser PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. I've just found out that the browser is missing on some of the model. I didn't see phone browser in manual that came with it but I was surprised to find it in an online manual that the browser ought to be in the "Funbox" but it's not present on my phone. And somehow, the settings is on the phone but no browser. But if you can check to verify before buying, then it's okay.
No it doesn't ring and vibrate at the same time. If you need this feature buy Nokia.
Anonymous, 03 Jul 2008Do not buy this cellphone, it is a piece of junk. After reading its reviews and its specificat... more It does have GPRS and I've been able to locate it. The setting is here: Phone settings>Connection settings on the phone. But, the only problem is locating the browser.
Also about the memory, it's scattered everywhere I found more than 3MB for FM recording.