you can use "Any Video Converter" to convert your files to MP4 format. Use the "Customized MP4 Movie" default setting. The video I converted play without any glitches at all when it was transferred to the phone.
It's out in Malaysia. I bought it for RM1099 yesterday.
so far I'm lovin' it! What I like so far:
1. Touchscreen response is great even though it is only resistive. It is better than Nokia 5800. I have 5 colleagues who use Nokia 5800 and I can tell you the CorbyPRO is better when I compare mine to theirs. SMSing with the touch keypad was great! Much better than I expected.
2. Wifi connection was unbelievably quick. It can detect and connect to my network within seconds. Its way better than me colleague's Nokia 5800. I can watch youtube using the wifi connection.
3. The QWERTY keypad was very comfortable to type on. But I can still type faster with the touchscreen keypad for short messages.
4. Lots of widgets available and you can download more from the Samsung mobile website.
5. I love the fact that I can search my contacts by scrolling through alphabets. Quick and snappy!
6. Surprisingly, the sound quality is great for a phone that is not a dedicated music player. Don't bother with the sound effects settings, just leave it at "Normal".
What I dun like about the phone:
1. Cannot support flash wallpapers, unlike SE phones.
2. A bit heavy, and thick because of the QWERTY keypad
3. The fashion jackets are not exactly nice to look at. Not sure if i can buy the jackets easily.
4. No flash for the camera. But it has this cool panoramic feature where you just move your camera around and it will take 6 pictures automatically and stitch them up.
5. The Java games that I have do not play if you transfer them from the PC to the phone.
Will tell you more when I am more familiar with the phone.
whenever i download any ringtone and save it in memory card and keep that ringtone as by default ringtone then automatically that ringtone get saved in my internal memory.
does this happens to all too or is there bug in my phone
Prak, 08 Feb 2010Hey guys...can anyone tell about the GPRS settings for Vodafone...?? Go to vodafone website there you will get or call customer care they can provide you the settings.
Faiq, 07 Feb 2010Hi, i liked d phone specs... Itz really a nice phone bt i wanted to know, does corby pro multi... more5800 is the best fone compared to all the fones of its range.
Corby is also gud, but i prefer u to go for 5800.
I haven't tried any word/excel/ppt files but it has a document reader.We can read but can't edit any files.
I opened the pdf reader to read a pdf which was in the phone memory and it was ok.need some getting used to for quick reading.
If your budget is 15000, then u shud also consider the Nokia E series...think E63 fits but heard it's camera is poor(only 2 mp) and music also not gr8...
but it provides office reading/editing plus there are a lot of third party apps...
but I wud put Corby above E63...
Music is good...can read word/excel/ppt/PDF....camera is good but that's it...just good...
I've finally succeeded in getting my settings r8 for connecting 2 net via my laptop's internet by creating the ad hoc network.
I'm posting this msg using my samsung corby pro!!!
thanks for all.
and my 1st impression of d browser is very good!
what about productivity ? MS office .. does it support .?
i am primarily interested in buying a mobile with office and for listening to music and lots of photo clickin to do.. any suggestions or should i go for the corby..!!
budget is within Rs 15000
1)I bought this phone for Rs.12100 but there are better deals out there.
Mobile Store - Rs.12100
Check the below links for ebay offers.The 2nd link is better if you have an Ebay voucher.
This is a java based phone and I dont think It supports motiom gaming.I've been using it for only 2 days now and I'm not a game fan..just tried the built in ones..
The screen is a resistive type but it really is good...it is responsive and we'll get used to it fairly quickly.
I can provide detailed info only after I've used it for some time...
First impressions are not bad..
*It's a very stylish phone and different from others.
*Feature wise it is really good...I'm yet to try many of those.
*Music is clear and so OK.Using the headset will make it better.
*Videos are restricted to 320*240 resolution.
*It doesnot play .avi files , .mp4 and 3gp it plays
*Camera is good for a 3.2mp but it lacks autofocus and flash.To be honest, u wont be taking too much clicks wid dis camera..
*video recording is poor...simple as that
*QWERTY keypad is very nice and u'll get used to it in a day(I did)
*Bluetooth is good....transferred 1.8 gb of Mp3's continuously....but wen i try to transfer single files of 100mb or mmore..usually connection breaks.
*I dnt have a Wifi router and so far I haven't succeeded in setting up the adhoc n/w to connect via my laptop
*Both bluetooth and WiFi are battery kilers.
*My battery charge lasted nly 12 hrs after fully charging but maybe coz I used the phone too much..1st day use na...:)
*Also battery life actually depends on your set and your luck..:)
*Have not used GPS..
So,this is my opinion for now...I'll surely keep analysing...
In the mean time, if anyone can help me with my Wifi problem and push mail...it wud be a great help.
Anonymous, 07 Feb 2010definetly...corby...1st thing..abt..tuch pad..tat is relly good..Can corby pro multi task as Nokia s60 phones????
Chinthu Krishnan V, 07 Feb 2010Hi friends, Someone please help me on the folowing: 1)How can we configure the push mail... morehi m very interested 2 buy this phone but cn u pls tell me if this phone supports motion gaming lk nokia5230??? and also if its touchscreen is sensitive or not
Chinthu Krishnan V, 07 Feb 2010Hi friends,
Someone please help me on the folowing:
1)How can we configure the push mail... morehey, i intend to buy a new phone. I am not a touchscreen fan majorly, so was in 2 minds, but id like to know how much youve bought it from ( indian rupees) and for how long have you been using it. pros and cons would be appreicated too. thanks a ton.
Anony, 02 Feb 2010My 3.5mm headphones wont fit all the way. Is anyone experiencing the same thing? Help?you must push harder...at first i thought cannot too but after i went to the customer service, the lady pushed all the way in and it works(=
Someone please help me on the folowing:
1)How can we configure the push mail service?
2)How to configure my WiFi to access internet via my laptop
please help me...
I'll be online most time...I'm glad to share opinions on tis phone for those who are considering it...Any help regarding the above two qns will e greatly appreciated...thanks...