Major issues so far I have found:
1. Open an app that uses the WiFi connection. Voila! it works!!... however, close the app, and you think you are finished with the WiFi, and you don't need it any more, so you go to WiFi, turn it off... go to bed, get up to see ur battery is fully dry... coz samsung automatically activates the WiFi, if that was the default profile selected. How on earth the samsung engineers could do this kind of a design, I don't know.
(So the only way to get rid of this, is to change the profile EVERY TIME before you go to bed to some GPRS instead of WiFi).
2. When Samsung signals low battery in the morning, it won't survive at least the evening time... (so that we can come home and charge it again).
3. All apps you download for this mobile by default won't support Samsung's slide qwerty option, it uses a small virtual keyboard instead.
4. You have to activate a connection profile (like WiFi, or GPRS) for each section like browser, apps, widget profile, GPS etc., Huh!
5. It would be nice if camera has auto-focus (useful for barcode reader).
6. Lock the phone, hand-write "C", and Voila! you get the camera... cool... now lock your phone till the screen turns-off, and this Smart-Unlock won't work...
7. Activate (Microsoft) Exchange ActiveSync and oops, all your mobile's contacts are gone (forever!). Take a backup guys! (may be this is because Samsung uses contacts only from the Exchange... Oh, give me a break yaar!).
8. Instant messenger (Palringo app) works only with WiFi (not with GPRS).
9. No auto-turn off of WiFi (when no near hot-spots detected)!
10. Voice recorder records only for 5 minutes... and you need to record again.
11. All built-in games are TRIAL versions (Come on, Samsung!).
I want to buy a (Samsung) phone which is retailing for less than INR/Rs.10000. It should have good sound quality, a fast and bug-free interface. I am looking for a sleek multimedia phone. I can make do with a QWERTY slider or a touchscreen - the latter if it also supports a virtual QWERTY keypad in the landscape mode. I hear that Samsung Monte (5620) does not allow multi-tasking, in that one has to come out of the app one is in to the main interface, i.e one cannot skip between apps without closing the one we are in. Is this true?
I also want to know if not having a virtual QWERTY keypad in the landscape mode can be a headache. I have big hands. Will that make it difficult to operate a touchscreen like Monte? I am unable to decide between Samsung CorbyPro and Samsung Monte (5620). Samsung Wave, though eye catching and feature packed, is beyond my budget. Please advise. Thank You :-)
tnx jane.. but it'll be much appreciated if u'l send it to my email.. firstname.lastname@example.org.. ^.^ tnx in advance
Jane, 07 Aug 2010Kammas thank you for the sweet reply... i appreciate it a lot... and i promise you that I'll f... morehey jane... Than'x' once again but please don give urself pressure to find the solution its ok if u can get it but dont take it so hard that u have to get the soln. regarding my pro. it was really kind of u to help meh...
Jane, 04 Aug 2010forgot to tell you... that both of you and the person you're calling must have video calling o... moreis it possible to use video camera in skype or nimbuzz etc for video chat
please reply at email@example.com
[deleted post]Well i can tell you it's price only in Egypt cause i live there... it's 1425L.e in appliance store and 1525L.e in mobile shop... why don't you check the websites of major stores in your country to know the price
kamms, 06 Aug 2010hey jane... well i dont mean that to feel u sorry... i really appreciate for ur help it ... moreKammas thank you for the sweet reply... i appreciate it a lot... and i promise you that I'll find a solution to your problem... :):):)
cLowie, 07 Aug 2010sis Jane thanks for the picture again :D
sis jane do java phone corrupt sometimes?..Most welcome cLowie... :):):)
so tell me in which way do you mean that java phone can be corrupted? as a software or what?
Anonymous, 07 Aug 2010can this phone read korean text?as far as i know.... corby pro.. can read and write only English, Francais and Arabic
sis Jane thanks for the picture again :D
sis jane do java phone corrupt sometimes?..
Samsung corby pro is superb i love it thanks samsung for introducing it
Vikram P., 06 Aug 2010By default messages are saved in SIM card.
Wish 2 b saved in phone memory by default..
Plz help...Hello :)
Messages can't be saved on phone memory by default... but we can do a little trick... fill you sim card with messages till there is no space for another one... then the messages will be saved on phone memory but be careful.. once you erased those messages that you saved in sim card... the new messages will be saved again in sim card until there is no space...
Undertaker, Sid, corbypronewbie
i have already answered on your questions twice but till now my replies are not shown yet cause moderators have to check them first
To any one who want to connect Samsung Corby Pro to your pc ot laptop for internet:
1. uninstall Kaies if you have already installed it
2. install dontnetfx35-vista_x86, given in cd no.2 that came with the mobile set (i have windows vista)
3. now install Kaies given in cd no.1 but you HAVE (MUST) select custom settings, cause default settings doesn't have the internet option
4.restart your pc or laptop
5.connet your phone to USB,open Kaies,right most down corner of the home page of Kaies hav option for internet called Tethering
6. select it and follow instructions like connection name and Country
6. now connect your Corby Pro as modem
By default messages are saved in SIM card.
Wish 2 b saved in phone memory by default..
Elroy, 01 Jun 2010It seems nobody has used the exchange activeSync. Im thinking this phone just cannot do it....... moreYes I have set up the Exchange Activesync with success. I used the intermediary website nuevasync.com as the vehicle between the B5310 and Google Mail's Contacts. I suggest you go to this website and create an account. The set up the Exchange Actviesync on the B5310 using the parameters of Nuevasync.com