Mark, 06 Jan 2011Hey thanx mate.... i have followed the instruction mentioned in the link provided by you...... morei dnt knw exactly bt louvre.mli part cntains both eboot n pds while the other jst cntains pda
prince, 06 Jan 2011rest all depends on u
Hey thanx mate....
i have followed the instruction mentioned in the link provided by you.....i was able to find louvre.mli and i am copying it....thanks again....
but what i mentioned in my next post about backing up from dskdump and microsoft my phone....was that incorrect or incomplete back...??
what is the diff between louvre.mli and dskdump....if u can tell it s for my information sake...thanks!
Mark, 05 Jan 2011Hey i downloaded winhex tool but when i am trying to copy louvre.mli it says "With this e... moreu dint c the tutorial properly dude
Mark, 05 Jan 2011Hey i downloaded winhex tool but when i am trying to copy louvre.mli it says "With this e... moreHi Prince,
I have backed up my phone through the below mnetioned utilities, pls tell what i have done is correct or do i have to do something else as well:
1) ROM- backed up using DSKDUMP, it genrates a 275 mb rom_bin file whch i have copied in my pc (got the link form shiva's earlier post
2) COntacts, photos message through microsoft my mobile.
Also Please tell me is their any other thing which i have to back up??
prince, 05 Jan 2011ok lemme answer
1. u need not back up the eboot n csc only .nb0 is enough cos while flashin... moreHey i downloaded winhex tool but when i am trying to copy louvre.mli it says "With this evaluation version you cannot save files that are larger than 200 KB"
jeks, 05 Jan 2011thanks prince. i hope it will be soon. :) i still have the default rom and my free ram is 50mb... moredat depends on ur usage, if u feel u r ok then dnt flash
otherwise u may
and most of ur queries i hv already answered bout going bck to original rom
Mark, 05 Jan 2011hi Prince,
Fs of all..thanx for a prompt reply...!!
1) Now i went through the link provide... moreok lemme answer
1. u need not back up the eboot n csc only .nb0 is enough cos while flashing only this part gets replaced. morover i wont advice u to flash eboot part cos its risky, flashing only .nb0 part is safe
here is the guide to back up ur rom
2. flashin a new rom removes the custom rom, so its a single step
3. tweaks apply to all unless mentioned specifically
4. use octans mini
5. i think u shud flash the 6.1 rom of jacobn, am using the same, lots of ram n speed, get it at modaco
6. they can b installed by simply downloading the cab n installing, spb is paid app, while htc sense is available at modaco fr free
thanks prince. i hope it will be soon. :) i still have the default rom and my free ram is 50mb.. is this good enough? thanks again prince :).. or do i need to flash custom romS? but how about the manufacturers warranty, how can i flash the default rom in case of some unexpcted problems.. thanks a lot!
prince, 03 Jan 2011hey mark
dnt throw ur phne away, i was in the same state as u when i was using official rom, ... morehi Prince,
Fs of all..thanx for a prompt reply...!!
1) Now i went through the link provided by you for backing up but it just says abt adv of back up and it also tells that you shd back up 3 files i.e.
.eb0 file (Eboot)
.nb0 file (PDA)
but it doesnot tell how do you back these files, is their any tool or some other procedure to do?
2) What i can understamd from going thru modacco is falshing the phone with custom has 3 steps
a) Creating Backup
b) Removing offical rom
c) Installing custom rom
Am i correct on the said process or is there somethng else as well?
3)I went through he links provided by you it says something about tweaking...what is that does that mean tweaking your official samsung 6.1 rom, is it applicable for custom roms?
4) for removing the official rom i have read it can be done using octans mini and other samsung cdma modem driver set...is thi sit or you need something else as well.
5) also as per your knowledge which can be a good rom for me which can give me fast processing speed and utility
6) also what are these htc sense, spb shell are UI like samsung touch wiz if yes how can these be installed.
thank x mate!
hi guys, any one here knows what is the great advantage of this phone with others windows mobile? i need some info about this phone coz i want to buy one.. ty
pri, 04 Jan 2011how to install anti virus & google maps in b7610 omnia pro , plz reply antivirus is nt required
fr google maps go to maps.google.com using intrnet explorer, download cab n install
Mark, 03 Jan 2011Hi prince,
I want to flash my rom because I am fed up of samsung official rom and I feel li... morehey mark
dnt throw ur phne away, i was in the same state as u when i was using official rom, bt nw i love ma phne
so let me answer ur queries 1 by 1
1. yes u can go fr 6.5 rom on the 6.1 original base bt better wud b to stay with 6.1 custom roms
2. ya bck up is really necessary n fr backing up u will need this guide
3. now guide to flasing can b found here, its quite simple and self explainatory
fr flashing u will need to download rom beforehand n the rom u wan nause depends cmpletely on ur preferences so fr that i will suggest u to hav a luk at yhe roms posted here n luk at their screenshots n other details n decide which 1 to go fr
i wud recmnd u to use a full rom n nt a megalite 1 since u r a newbie
thisbpage cntains the list of roms along with detail links
Balpreet, 03 Jan 2011Does anyone know how to change the default incoming call screen in windows 6.1 ? Often while a... moreu can do many things in this regard
u may use s2u2 lock, it has a nice caller id interface
u may upgrade to 6.5 rom, its caller id is also gu
u can also go fr other options like vito phonextension
hope dat helps
prince, 31 Dec 2010here's everything u will need to knw
modaco.com/content/i8000-verizon-sch-i920-omnia-ii-htt... moreHi prince,
I want to flash my rom because I am fed up of samsung official rom and I feel like throwing my phone so thought of giving custom roms a try, now the problem is I aint know anything about flashing, i also visited the link provided by you but honestly couldnot understand much.
first of all pls tell i have wm 6.1 so can i flash my phone to custom rom 6.5 or to only custom rom 6.1?
Secondly would request if you can give certain details about the entire process of flashing like
first step can be back up so pls provide the exact link of how to back up second can be flashing then the exact link applicable for WM 6.1 and so on....
What i am requesting is major steps involved in flasing along with exact post form modacco to read
I think many other like me would be benefitted with such a post....
thanks 4 ur time nd help...!
Does anyone know how to change the default incoming call screen in windows 6.1 ? Often while accepting the incoming call, the "Send & Ignore" button is pressed on the screen and SMS is sent to calling party which is very irritating.
i was eyeing on the c7 but i bought this instead. ive been a nokia user my last phone is 5800 and the b7610 surprised me a lot...there are so many tasks that i can do now that i cant do it with the 5800..thank you for all the information that all you have posted here...it really helps especially to people who are now to this phone...my only disappointment is its head set...i wish it has controls with it...