it doesen't have any games because you have to download them... it's slow when you are writing messages or when you unluck the key pad but his design it's awesome and it's a great phone
- No games on this phone.
- Neither can you download them via WAP Browser. Only thing WAP Browser can download is images and sounds.
- It is actually possible to record a phone conservation by selecting Options during a call, then going through the menu to the Voice Recorder.
- Voice Recorder can only hold 5 records.
- It is also possible to have one of the preset sounds/pictures play/pop-up during a call/message from a person/caller-group by adding a person/people to the caller group, then editing the call group settings.
- Slow animated pictures can be escaped by pressing either the Green, Red, or C Button.
- The '0' button also works as a space in Standard Abc Input Mode.
phone's design is awesome,,i have sonyW580 but i got this phone as optional because of its sleek design. after a long period samsung has done a good work.
Hi, somebody write here that this phone is not good. Very hard pressing buttons, etc. etc. etc. But, in my case, I have no problem at all. Although I have a nokia 6681, I am using c170 too. It is a good phone. Slim body is very nice looking. No camera. But main fact is the price. Here in Bangladesh Samsung C170 cost is only 4,200taka or 60dollers! Is not cool? So if u want to buy then go buy it.
Without any uncertainty,
It’s an enormous slim mobile phone ever made in the world,
Low price, super performance, fm radio, remarkable stylish cellphone.
What would u do with the camera, it’s damn useless.
So if u r thinking and searching for buying a mobile phone set, just go to the shop and close your eyes and pick the phone up.
But u know I don’t have the phone. But I suggest you to buy it. Really great phone..
In my humble opinion, Dear Visitors, it's not at all fair to point a finger at GSMArena team for wrong data. Why?
All models -- from all manufacturers -- are not equally released in all the countries and are neither equally distributed. The variations in colors, sizes of memory cards in sales packages, battery specs, release dates, price tags are spread over a very broad spectrum. And for GSMArena it's literally impossible to provide us with so much of region specific accurate data. So please be considerate about tiny variations.
Personally I think we should be very thankful for having the company released official data here and quit nagging about minor mismatches.
BTW: FYI: In India C170 is available in 3 color schemes. Silver-Black, Red-Black, Strong-Black.
adding to the mistakes in all this data... this phone not only weighs abt 9 grams less, it's also available in black
Fact 1 : Viewers always end up staring at this phone rather than all other tech-savvy gadgets that cost 10 times more than this.
Fact 2 : Whether you love it or hate it at the first touch and/or sight, you'll always end up loving the C170 -- 2nd 200th touch and/or sight.
Started working for an R&D company w/c doesn't allow camera phones. Previously owned a Sony Ericsson K750i and Nokia 2650. Prefer a radio. Bought this last week.
- User Interface is text-based only. Only up/down navigation keys (hard to press). Faster and easier to memorize shortcuts (ex: Menu > 5 > 1 for Inbox).
- Slow Animations (ex: Unlocking the phone, deleting messages). Quicker to use Red Reject Call Button to stop animations.
- High-quality radio. Loud, although if using speaker volume, sound comes through the standard phone speaker w/c is much softer.
- Co-workers are amazed at its super-slim design. But I'm always concerned if I accidentally break it (especially the screen)
or it slides out of my pocket. Recommend a pouch/case/ipod container.
- Games not included although probably may be downloadable via WAP Browser. Ringtones/Sounds are limited as well.
- Attempted to use a standard USB cable from another Samsung phone but nothing happened and there's no software available for this model.
- "Morning Call" Alarm (M-F / M-Sat) very useful so I don't have to set my alarm everyday or turn off a daily alarm on the weekends.
- SIM-AT for carrier specific services (ex: account balance remaining)
- Sent messages only saved in Outbox only if you "Save and Send" instead of "Send Only".
- To edit a message in the Outbox, select "Send".
- Your messages are stored in your SIM until it's full, then uses the phone memory.
- FM Radio: Use 2/5 to increase/decrease volume, 1/3 to increase/decrease frequency, up/down to previous/next station. Recommend Self-tuning everytime you change location.
Hope this helps.
It's annoying, that many specifications provided by any magazine,web site,or other publisher, for any device is highly erratic.
REAL WEIGHT OF THIS PHONE IS 63.5g.That is big mistake to write 72g instead.
this is a phone JUST FOR TALKING leave the photos and the sounds alone!
how to save or download image.i cant able browse in aitel gprs service