surya, 02 Nov 2009Mr Subash I am having this mobile for the last couple of weeks. having BSNL & Tata Docomo. Ih... moreHey Thanks Surya. Now I can change the JAR size infact. Any place I can get such codes for phones?
Nice Fone but its battery is a problem............
I bot it few days B4 and is verry good to use.
ANANTH, 03 Nov 2009How to put silence option when the phone is ringing?Use the volume key to lower and when you press it a couple of times it will become silent. This is how I do it. If anyone had a better options please let us know.
hi guys tell me that can i connect this mobile using data cable to computer for using internet on computer?
How to put silence option when the phone is ringing?
Subash, 02 Nov 2009I have been using this mobile from last 2 months and found this below my expectations. My need... moreMr Subash I am having this mobile for the last couple of weeks. having BSNL & Tata Docomo. Ihave the connection of gprs of BSNL.Requested the BSNL Cust care for the GPRS setting, they send and it automatically saved. no problem for browsing with Opera. Please type *#52828378# u will find JAVA test menu. goto 6. OTA TEST. here change the max jar size to your application size remember the total size of application will not be more than 4 MB. SAVE NOW INSTALL YOUR APPLICATION
I have been using this mobile from last 2 months and found this below my expectations. My need was to manage 2 GSM SIM's, and thought to buy branded dual-sim phone rather than those cheap chinese sets. Wish I had bought the (cheap) later, cause I could have thrown them away atleast.
Positive things arent anything great except it is DUAL sim capable. There are lots of negative things which I have highlighted as below. Please note I have used Nokia and Motorola Phones before buying this set.
* ACTIVE DUAL for namesake. I use Airtel and TATA SIM's. When one is on call, other network complains "not reachable". But Samsung claims it has two TRX, means it can simultaneously use 4 timeslots !
* Software is the most buggiest I ever saw. My phone hangs during start/restart at "SIM Initialising..." message. Called up customer care who recommended a software upgrade. Spent 5 hours in one of worst customer cares (Yes, no one to respond for long time) and got it reflashed. It worked great in front of the customer support lady (Was it because she was good to look, and my phone wanted to impress her :). Same old story now after 3 days of reflash.
* EDGE/GPRS is pathetic. I use opera to browse. I see that the connection breaks itself. On the native browser (Access) many sites dont open. Called up network customer care for checking the setting credentials. They manually had to tell me, cause this phone doesnt support automatic setting push from network ! Strange for a Samsung brand.
* I could easily install .jar files before. Now this phone requires .jad along with it. Also doesnt allow to install any application more than 400KB or so. Strange restriction, as I cannot use Google maps anymore :(
* Battery life with both SIM's on is not great. Its annoying to keep recharging often.
OVERALL, this is my last Samsung phone. Seeing this I realised what I lost from Nokia and Motorola. Especially the quality. It looks Samsung is using cheap tricks to gain market share these days. I dont know about their smart phones. But even if they are good, I prefer Motorola amongst all. Nothing beats their call quality and the EDGE I used to have. I will sell this phone off in a month or so, and buy a good phone, and 1k nokia phone for dual SIM management :)
Aman, 29 Oct 2009plz anyone tell the prize of c5212 in indian market?bought one in delhi on 31 oct for 6750 rupees
Aman, 29 Oct 2009plz anyone tell the prize of c5212 in indian market?bought one in delhi for 6750 rupees
i m using 5212 since last 2 months.battery life is too low,must be chrged daily but if u r in travel may face dificulty of fully discharged till evening.has no option of setting a default no in case of multiple nos on one name.
Just got it a few days back. Seems to do everything that it claims it can do pretty decently. A universe away from the china mobile dualsims.
Do have an issue with file transfer. Tranfer from PC to phone is fine but can't seem to tranfer files from phone to PC via bluetooth. Anyone with solutions ???
Otherwise,think its a pretty sensible product. A universe away from the trash chinamobile dualsims.