Bought the phone 4 days back and i must tell you that i am happy to have this one.
I was looking for a qwerty phone without camera and stuff (WiFi, 3g, etc.) and a retailer recommended this one.
The BEST things:
* Very cheap - 3000 bucks are nothing these days as compared to the iPhone.
* Dual SIM - Get the best of telecom Operators!
* QWERTY keypad - yes, it adds to the look as well.
* Music Player - good sound and specially the 5.1 surround mode works like a charm.
* Radio - can record it as well.
The WORST things:
* Screen resolution - it does not have that NOKIA resolution somehow.
* No options for automatic shutdown and autmatic wakeup - i might be asking for more anyway!
* Message memory - only 1000 msgs.
* Themes - only 3!
Absolutely this phone is very much worthy for its Price..(3000 Rs now..)
I got the set b4 a week.. I saw a lots of +ve and -ve feedbacks for this phone in this discussion.. But sincerely saying, I am very HAPPY to have this phone..!!
Let me point out some ADVANTAGES..
1.The QWERTY keypad is very nice.. Having enough space btween keys.
2.Easy SIM swapper key is the best to have in a dual sim phone.. Can swap across both sim in a single press..
3.Good battery life.. Will last for 2-3 days of course for normal use.. Comparing to other models of Samsung, it is a little bit low, but MIND U it is a DUAL SIM phone.. But definitely Battry life is higher than any other NOKIA phones that i have ever seen..
4.Sound quality is good,, Music Library is fast and user friendly. And feature of music player that very much attracted to me is the timer.. We can auto turn off the player after a predefined time say 30 mins...!!
5.Auto Complete of numbers.. If u are dialling a number, the matching numbers frm ur contacts will be displayed below.. This is seems to be a very simple feature(Seems to be nothing in it) of Samsung but feels very helpful when u use this..
6.New features like BLOCKLIST (Can block the unknown numbers disturbing u) and FAKECALL also included in this are really helpfull..!!
7.Supports java for a small xtent.. It have all social ntwrkng apllcns like fb,twitter,orkut etc.. Supports operamini.. But high memory applcn that is more than 600 KB can't be run in this phone.. Thats little but dissappointing (But remember u r paying nly 3000 for this)
8.So many small,small features that helps us to use the phone much easily.. (Contact groups, Can add multiple members to a group, Call rajection, Shortcut pane... etc etc)
Some DISADVANTAGE are..
1.Camera is VGA.. But who cares...????
2.Net speed is low and java applicn with larger size can't be run on it..
3.Limited no. of themes..
These are only the disadvantages that i cud see.. Not to worry.. U can buy this phone without any doubt and u will feel very happy to have a dual sim QWERTY phone at very low price..!!! Let me hope that i helped u to make a decision... Thank u all..
i am using tis mob for abt a month...if i hear songs using headset in music player it gets stopped and begins from the first...it makes me angry to listen to music...very much worried for buying tis phone....please help me if there s any way to solve tis problem...
AnonD-30910, 19 Nov 2011about a week or so we bought this chat 222 for my son of 10 years old diyan sa west avenue oka... more1. press Menu.Settings
2. select Phone, then QWERTY shortcuts
3. now highlight an unassigned letter
4. press Change
5. highlight application you may want to assign
6. press Save
7. to assign another shortcut, repeat step 1-6
To access shortcuts, from Standby mode or tap Power/End key, press and hold the assigned letter
about a week or so we bought this chat 222 for my son of 10 years old diyan sa west avenue okay naman siya easy and nice...
meron lang tanong paano ba niya magagamit ang short cut how can you do this po ba?
my son made a wise decision buyng tis chat222 best//
kindly help us sa small problem salamat po
is there in anyway i could download additional THEME for this phone? i got tired of orange, blue, and cartoon white already. i need at least a black theme and i be happy.
this is one phone i would never recommend to any one. the charge life is a bit too low while the phone cannot swap calls so in case you are on one call, ending it will reject the other one too. i have had the phone for a month but a day ago the phone wont charge. i have tried everything but nothing happens. i am so frustrated with this phone. the camera is also not that good and the alarm at times wont go off at the set time. this is the end for me as i have reached a point of no return with this phone.
Mustafa, 21 Sep 2011u r absolutely wrong dear.....i use dis phone since two months.......n wen ever i m on a call ... moreno guy... i think urs msg is wrong,.,,, or xplain how its work,, tell about settings for receive both call..?
kai, 29 Oct 2011total waste of money !! mp4 videos arent supported by this handset.sorry frnd.. its mp4 work fine...
prince , 10 Nov 2011i lyk ths phn.. big screeen,it support aal software. mostly. no... most software not supported
if hardik will not like this ph then this ph will not liked by anyone.
shaggy, 13 Nov 2011please tell me about the speed of bluetooth of this set.bluetooth transfer speed is very very slowwwww ... May be its da slowest bluetooth handset i ever saw ...
I was using my nokia e71 and send a 5mb file to dis handset and it toook abt 10mins to send dat mp3 file
Ok, it is about 2 month and I am really enjoy this set.So, I think
1. The block list. It is a very cool and useful feature. My network provider Vodaphone every day calls me to inform me about various caller tunes and other uselss stuffs from various Numbers. These calls are very irritating. But, I notice that they are calling from +91140888**** series numbers. So, I add this number to call block list and voila, I am living very peaceful life now. This is the best feature
2. The Auto Shut down feature of Music player and FM. One can set the time to 30 minutes, 1 hour and so on, to close the FM and Music player automatically. So, now I can hear my favorite tunes and stations before going to sleep. This is the second best thing I like.
3. The FM recording. I also like this feature as now I can record my favorite song, comedy dialog directly to my set and either enjoy them or share them later.
4. The world clock. One can set two or more time zones in the home screens along with the home zone, which is very useful. As many of my friends\clients\relatives are lived in other time zones, so, Now I can know when to call them.
5. The Short cut keys. Yes the set comes with many cutomizable short cut key. Example I have set "N" key as for the FM player and "M" key for the Music player.
6. The sim management feature, which is again a wonderful feature. One can easily set many settings to each sim. Also it is very easy to shut or start sims. Last but not least, the automatic sim timer, where one can set time to start and stop a sim.
7. The social network apps, which are also great to work. I am using some of them and am happy to work with.
8. Sim Budgeter app. This app is very useful to manage all the research transactions. So, now I can know hou much I am spending every month easily with this great app.
9. The memory. This phone can save upto 1000 SMSs, 1000 contacts, 1000 calender entries, 100 tasks, 100 memos. So, it is a MUST and enough for any serious workaholic (like me).
10. The build quality. The build quality is this set is very beautiful, solid and handy. And honestly saying this set looks more costlier than it's value. It's size is perfect to carry it in hand or upper pocket or trouser packet or a hand bag.
1. The camera. It is basic VGA camera. If you are a shutterbug than will be dissapoint with it. Personally I am happy with it, as I only take images of my contact persons, as sometimes it is confuse to remember a face, so I take a snap and save it with the number.
2. The Mobile prayer. really like this app, as it helps me to stay close to god. But the problem is you can not add or adjust anything in this app, Which is a let down.
3. The battery. If one uses the set very heavily than battery dried up in one day. But the best thing is the battery charges fully in a couple of hours. I think some heavy user will find the battery life shorter.
Any way this set is worth it and far better than some rival sets at this rate (3150+ INR). Though it is basic set, but still it's some function are very high end, which are not there in many costlier sets. So, as a communication device, it is value for money, fun to use a easy to carry.
For Samsung I have some requests, I hope those folks will do something.
1. Though this set comes with every app, tool one need. But still we need some more, like a pdf viewer, word file viewer, anti virus etc. I hope someday Samsung will bring this apps.