aedh....samsung d500 can last at least 2 to 3 days with the usage of lots of camera n mp3..not dat bad till one day...nvr happen to me b4 minumum 2days..maximum days for this fon is 4days!!d500 rox!=P
i think this is the best phone it looks very nice and is a great size with good spefications
Phone does take screensavers! They would show up in the images folder. But are not called screensavers on the phone. Activating bluetooth is done by going to settings, then find bluetooth and activate it from there.
lol i just went out to the stores to check out and it's $1200. So it is out in australia.
AeDH >>> wuts wrong with u? did korean beat hell out of u? or something? korea is d 10th largest economic country, has standard iq of 106(1st in d world) we can say they are clever and good because they become like d best since korea war just 50years ago. oh visit korea one day u will get shocked of their wonderful culture and technology they are living in.
Does this phone have a screensaver facility? Please Help. How do we activate blue tooth?
Attention all Australian people.
I've called Samsung Australia and they said that this phone will be released next week but there is no exact date as to when.
i like to start with... ""i'm korean."
so i should write comments start with "good!!!" and finish with "Very Nice!!"
i'm not saying it is a rubbish..
i like the mp3... and Good Q pics...
but... what's the point.. if you don't have battery that will not last... for not even a day...
you beware... if you have this phone... buy extra 5 batteris of you want use it as mp3 player or taking pics often.
this mobile is the legend among others
its colours are very bright and golorious i m very happy after buying d500
Actually you can install java games and applications on to the D500. The only problem is that its not easy... Directly sending one via bluetooth, infrared or cable will not be accepted. But if you follow the instructions on this site: http://315.fiberworld.nl/d500/ it is possible.
having this beauty for few weeks now,think this the best phone which SS brough out since the E700,It got nearly everything we possibly need from the mobile nowaday,although it's missing something like Memory card slot(96Mb build in should be enough for me),build in hand-free(seperate speaker should solve the problem)....such a small in size so I don't think we should expect too much from it(look at the other phones with more features,they're huge and bulky),battery life is not too bad(if it last 2 to 3 days in stand by mode,you should be happy....talk time is reasonable long....unless you stay talking for hour on the phone like some women I know).Over all the D500 is good but if it's not a bit pricy than it'd be nice(price will come down any way).For people in Australia,you can get this phone right now for AUD$650.00(import from HK or UK....why wait for Australian released??it's still the same phone(Oz is very slow in this sector,by the time this phone release there would be an upgrade or new models come out somewhere else...).
iam really happy when iam see samsung 500its a briallant mobile colour is good and one thing which feels me good about bluetooth and mp3 player is available.
Wait!! this fon can send a few pages of sms and its so ez to use..u can use da phonebook to make it easier..BTW eritime i received a file from my fren via blueetooth da file will be save in download images....whoever who had dis fon plz tell me wether they have da same problem...and i cant transfer da files to photo/,my photo..HELP~!!
Just got this phone for about 1 weeks, I try almost all brand and type of phones this should be quite fair comments.
Nice design, good feel and excellent display color. However this phone has quite a lot of minor drawbacks which sometimes feels stupid. The major drawback will be in the battery standby/talk time and the easy studio 2 communication suite
1. Battery on normal use will up not more than 2 days. While Nokia 6230 with the same usage level stand for more than 3 days. With Bluetooth on then only about 1 day.
2. Easy Studio is not easy and user friendly at all. How can they group all messages together? There should be grouped into inbox and out box. Every time you run the program it need start up date the content which takes quite long time. The last data from the phone should stay until we choose to refresh. During connection with phone new incoming sms will not immediately updated. Sending SMS is limited to 160 char no options for longer message. Sending is not easy; we cannot choose the address from phone book. Just doubt whether Samsung designer have ever try Nokia PC Communication Suite?
3. Music during download and opening a java world is preset and cannot be change. At games we have option to turn of the music / vibration but this option is not saved. You have to turn off every time you start the game.
4. No vibrate together with melody ring tones, if it is very noise you will still missed the ring because vibrate a bit then stop.
5. Cannot install games / application via software, must thru WAP
6. Should have default number in the contact/address book, so we do not need to select for phone number if want to call default number (normally we called only the default)
7. When sending SMS, it is better if after finish text if you press ok you need to input number or choose option, then select phone book, then select name then number. Too many step and wasting time. The right softkey should be immediately contact and go to default number.
8. Bluetooth headset but no voice dial, means no handfree
9. No radio
I would love to hear Samsung official comments, to be no 1 they should make their phone smarter and efficient. Most of the good features feel half done. Beauty and impressive but just not smart enough.
Well, well where to start..
Firstly The EasyStudio 2 software you download from Samsungmobile.com, cable is not supplied with it.
I agree with the view about the Mem card. 96mb is enough built in but a card added on would have been nice.
Screensavers it does take! Except you may be confused because there is no option for it. They will simply show up as images or wallpapers on the phone, but it does take them.
D500 still not available in Australia. Does anyone have a definate date as to when this is available.
Is anyone able to upload a picture from their phone and post a link to it, so I can see the quality of the picture?