Does this phone have a screensaver facility? Please Help. How do we activate blue tooth?
Attention all Australian people.
I've called Samsung Australia and they said that this phone will be released next week but there is no exact date as to when.
i like to start with... ""i'm korean."
so i should write comments start with "good!!!" and finish with "Very Nice!!"
i'm not saying it is a rubbish..
i like the mp3... and Good Q pics...
but... what's the point.. if you don't have battery that will not last... for not even a day...
you beware... if you have this phone... buy extra 5 batteris of you want use it as mp3 player or taking pics often.
this mobile is the legend among others
its colours are very bright and golorious i m very happy after buying d500
Actually you can install java games and applications on to the D500. The only problem is that its not easy... Directly sending one via bluetooth, infrared or cable will not be accepted. But if you follow the instructions on this site: http://315.fiberworld.nl/d500/ it is possible.
having this beauty for few weeks now,think this the best phone which SS brough out since the E700,It got nearly everything we possibly need from the mobile nowaday,although it's missing something like Memory card slot(96Mb build in should be enough for me),build in hand-free(seperate speaker should solve the problem)....such a small in size so I don't think we should expect too much from it(look at the other phones with more features,they're huge and bulky),battery life is not too bad(if it last 2 to 3 days in stand by mode,you should be happy....talk time is reasonable long....unless you stay talking for hour on the phone like some women I know).Over all the D500 is good but if it's not a bit pricy than it'd be nice(price will come down any way).For people in Australia,you can get this phone right now for AUD$650.00(import from HK or UK....why wait for Australian released??it's still the same phone(Oz is very slow in this sector,by the time this phone release there would be an upgrade or new models come out somewhere else...).
iam really happy when iam see samsung 500its a briallant mobile colour is good and one thing which feels me good about bluetooth and mp3 player is available.
Wait!! this fon can send a few pages of sms and its so ez to use..u can use da phonebook to make it easier..BTW eritime i received a file from my fren via blueetooth da file will be save in download images....whoever who had dis fon plz tell me wether they have da same problem...and i cant transfer da files to photo/,my photo..HELP~!!
Just got this phone for about 1 weeks, I try almost all brand and type of phones this should be quite fair comments.
Nice design, good feel and excellent display color. However this phone has quite a lot of minor drawbacks which sometimes feels stupid. The major drawback will be in the battery standby/talk time and the easy studio 2 communication suite
1. Battery on normal use will up not more than 2 days. While Nokia 6230 with the same usage level stand for more than 3 days. With Bluetooth on then only about 1 day.
2. Easy Studio is not easy and user friendly at all. How can they group all messages together? There should be grouped into inbox and out box. Every time you run the program it need start up date the content which takes quite long time. The last data from the phone should stay until we choose to refresh. During connection with phone new incoming sms will not immediately updated. Sending SMS is limited to 160 char no options for longer message. Sending is not easy; we cannot choose the address from phone book. Just doubt whether Samsung designer have ever try Nokia PC Communication Suite?
3. Music during download and opening a java world is preset and cannot be change. At games we have option to turn of the music / vibration but this option is not saved. You have to turn off every time you start the game.
4. No vibrate together with melody ring tones, if it is very noise you will still missed the ring because vibrate a bit then stop.
5. Cannot install games / application via software, must thru WAP
6. Should have default number in the contact/address book, so we do not need to select for phone number if want to call default number (normally we called only the default)
7. When sending SMS, it is better if after finish text if you press ok you need to input number or choose option, then select phone book, then select name then number. Too many step and wasting time. The right softkey should be immediately contact and go to default number.
8. Bluetooth headset but no voice dial, means no handfree
9. No radio
I would love to hear Samsung official comments, to be no 1 they should make their phone smarter and efficient. Most of the good features feel half done. Beauty and impressive but just not smart enough.
Well, well where to start..
Firstly The EasyStudio 2 software you download from Samsungmobile.com, cable is not supplied with it.
I agree with the view about the Mem card. 96mb is enough built in but a card added on would have been nice.
Screensavers it does take! Except you may be confused because there is no option for it. They will simply show up as images or wallpapers on the phone, but it does take them.
D500 still not available in Australia. Does anyone have a definate date as to when this is available.
Is anyone able to upload a picture from their phone and post a link to it, so I can see the quality of the picture?
Samsung Sgh-d500 its very very good phone. i like it. its almost best phone this moment. and its my best phone absolutely. Samsung has really good phonemodels.. like this d500.
good 1,3 MP camera , mp3 player , bluetooth
hello!!!wanna knoe how to use dis fon camera da best possible way..???tell me da settings if possible..thx!!
Hi there, jus a quickie. Do you need to purchase the software and cable or is this supplied in the box,
Many Thx Dave,
i have just bought this phone after only owning nokia brand phones for the past 10 years. on the whole its not a bad phone:-
DESIGN - solid looking structure - for all those times you will drop it.
SMS (TEXT SERVICES) very different to nokia (prefer nokia's easy texting style) but proably wont be able to use nokia's style because they may have patent it.
CAMERA - camera is in a good spot and lense is hidden away; whilst not been used so no uncesary damage here. Quality of the camera is a big difference compared to my last phone (Nokia 6230) and is alot better; flash is a MUST for any type of camera.
INBOX - can only save 10 messages, but sent box is 200 - this doesn't make sense (put a 100 in each)
MEMORY CARD - non-existant - very bad move, i beleive these phone's will have to make these cards a minimum spec, so you can take pics put them on your memory card and insert them in a card reader and print or store them to your computer.
VIDEO - very good my previous phone only had 10 mins of recording time so to have 1 hour is exceptional.
GROUP - cant seem to add people to this as it keeps telling me its "EMPTY" "doh!"
INSTRUCTION BOOKLET - this thick manual doesn't tell you about half of the features/functions the phone has - nokia would never do this.
EXTERNAL SPEAKER - i prefer the sound on the on board speaker, because it sounds better more bass; and both speakers are of the same volume level - so this is compltely useless item.
BATTERY TALK TIME - on all my nokia's i have been able to go without charging for a whole week - Samsung every 2/3 days, for saying i dont talk on the phone alot and mainly use texts. - not very good!
SCREENSAVER - does not exist - what a shame people want to customise their phone to represent themselves, fortuantely my last nokia phone had this function.
PUSH MESSAGE - dont understand this feature as it doesn't give an adequate explaination of the use of this facility, when i go to slect it and then slect INBOX it says "NO MESSAGE" what does this mean?? answer on a postcard!
@ around £200 for this phone VERY PRICY - i'd say wait until the new one comes out and see if it is better than this one, before handing those hard earned notes over, but how long does the average phone last anyway certainl not long enough to warrent such price ranges!