if this phone had an OS it will rule! but i guess these days u cant fit everything u want into a phone theres always something left out!
hm...camera wise, SonyEricsson's k750i is better. But this phone has better video, other functions such as viewing documents. So...if you want a good digital camera, go for SE, but if you want an all round phone, go for Samsung.
hello im a ghandu and have the d600 i work in a curry house and use it to take pictures of my friend and lover nadeem. picture quality is ace. battery life is ace and i love it!
Hi guys. I was wandering whether the top part of the HP is shaky when it is close/slide down.. Mine is.. i can like lift it up or move left right a little bit. somehow it's quite shaky.. its not a big problem though but i am curious whether ur hangphonese have the same problem like mine. please reply thank you
use this link to contact Samsung.
Thanks. Anyone see that new ad?
I live in the US so it hasnt been on the TV.
For Peter - The D600 would only vibrate then ring it does not do both at the same time.
For EBAYer - To put the phone to quite mode just press the # and hold for a few sec. :)
Should we all email Samsung about the issue of no time displace when phone is close. Anyone got the email address??
Peter the answer to your question is you can't- the phone can only either ring or vibrate but it won't do it at the same time!
How do you make the phone vibrate and ring at the same time?!?!!?!?!?!?!
I have not yet found a way to make the screen saver show a clock. But what you CAN do, is
then you can modify the settings, like making the backlight bright for 10min or making it dim for 3 min...or both. This will make the screen last longer.
How do you turn the phone into "manner-mode" or "quiet mode"...i know how to make the phone vibrate while ringing, but nothing else..
gamer_xpr: dude... shut up for a moment(=P)
im a Sony Ericsson "fanboy", and i really love the D600... but come on... the W800i has better camera and FM radio with RDS,,,
But the D600 has this really awesome resolution :) really awesome... So the D600 and W800i are both really awesome phones...
i dont know what to choose =P guess i'll take some more time :D
i love you d600
theres someone else in my life
someone younger than you and skinier
motorola razr v3i
dont be mad im still gonna keep you and use you but wenever razr v3i comes out were gonna have to have a little talk
i like the phone but it should have the time on the screen like the d500 when its closed
To Sonyericsson fanboys...
I mean, seriously, y'all come to Samsung thread and start yammering with mouth full of nuts, consequently reiterating the same bull$hit over and over again. I'm tired of your ignorant, obstinate posts about how W800i is better than the D600. Without any basis, y'all hard-headers keep flaming me with distorted facts. So plz, I'm beggin', get your $hit up straight.
8 Reasons why Samsung D600 is BETTER than Sonyericsson W800i.
1) It has better video recording resolution, in CIF (353 x 288), apparently 4 times better than W800i's QCIF (176 x 144). Smoother frame rate in comparison to W800i, and higher bit-rate.
2) Better resolution regarding the TFT-LCD display, QVGA (320 x 240, 2'00 inch), while W800i is embarked with (220 x 176). Again, the D600's screen is 4 times better than W800i's. Diagonal lines are not crooked as the screen of W800i. Display is outstanding; vivid and crisp.
3) D600 is equipped with dual stereo-speakers, sound clarity and vibra-synchronization. While W800i consist mono-speaker, located on the backside of the phone, you can barely hear the mp3's.
4) Better design, ellegant, though it's subjective to affirm that the design is better than W800i, most people would probably agree. W800i is just a stereotypical candybar phone with orange-colored band around white surface, how can it get more mediocre than that?
5) Durablity and built-quality. 99% air-sealed so that dust won't get under the screen, unlike the W800i. When you D600, it is tangible and stiff, while W800i made out of cheap plastic so if you grasp the phone, and makes squeaking sounds.
6) TV-OUTPUT. Does W800i have this type of function?? Although W800i brags about downloads of countless java games, only D600 can pull the string. You can view PDF files, Excel, Word, PowerPoint through D600. In addition, saved HTML files from your internet, pictures, videos, games can be displayed on your flat pannels.
7) It is a QUAD BAND PHONE. Employs better reception compared to W800i's signal strength.
8) Implementation of T-flash cards. Its dimensions are the smallest in the market. Half the size of your SIM card, and 1/3 of W800's memory-stick duo.
good phone but can you have a ringtone for your text alert tone because the stantards are not good
I like the way the Samsung D600 looks but after looking around I decided to get the W800i. I like to play games on my phone and it is really easy to download games for the SE k750i or W800i. I have over 500 games on my pc and 50 on my phone. I think the layout of the D600 isn't suitable for playing long games!
I don't like the slider design of this phone, it doesn't protect the camera lens or screen like flip phones and isn't as durable or easy to get to buttons as bar designs. Plus I haven't seen any cases that protect the screen and allow use of all functions while wrapped around the phone. Looks nice in black with stereo speakers. But how long until the screen or lens gets scratched or it's dropped while trying to slide it open or photos or video recording have fingers get in the way?
It does appear to be the cheapest 2mp camera phone with 352x288 cif video recording, so I may have to get it. 512mb transflash cards are simply unavailable anywhere but internal memory may be adequate for pictures or videos.
How are closeup photos/videos without autofocus, are pics/vids from 3 feet away good or not? With d600's flash/light, is indoor photo/video recording in dimly lit conditions adequate, anybody have any samples?
Pls. read the " Samsung D600 review: Black Star", just below the picture of D600 on this page. There maybe some of your questions will be answered, including the quality headphones to be used, transfering (contacts, pictures, music) from phone to PC (vice versa), software to be used and mp3 quality of the D600, etc.