Yehoooo!!! I finally restored my phone back to original settings. Incase anyone one messed up their settings, let me know.It uses the same code as Nokias series 60. Cheers!!
i want to see the picture taken from the camera....
where can i see it??
or will anyone post it??
I got one from plemix. Unbelievably superfast shipping.
Now I need help from anyone how has a D720 with "Voice comand".("anyvoice" under the "Usefullness")
I tried restoring my old messages and contacts from the other D720 that doesnt have voice command. And now my phone is giving "System Error". Cant restore the original setting.
"H.L", "Tim", "Manhee" you guys only can save me. If you have D720 with "voice dialing" could you please do me a favor. Can you please backup your phone setting (excluding your contact and messages of course) to your computer and send me the .nfb file.
I need it to get my phone back to normal urgetntly. Please help please.
Great thanks, it works :D Think this phone will ever be released in the UK? It's a shame, I like this phone a lot.
It can be accesable from the rightside top button as well.
Comes with 6 profile settings that you can personaliz:
General, Silent, Meeting, Outdoor, Pager & Offline.
There are not much info on the net about this phone and I'm paying the price for that.Hope this will help others.
I got a HongKong version of D720. and I came to learn that,
1. It doesn't have "Voice command" or "voice memo".
(If you check the pictures, the 1st image where the phone is closed has a different "call" button. It means it has "vioce command". The UMTS one doesn't).
2.No MPEG4 video recording & playback.
(It records 3gp only and quality is poor).
There are streo speakers, but you CAN NOT use them as "speaker phone".
I'm retuning it back.
I loved this phone..and hopefully, this time I will get the European verson.
I tried to get some info from you guys who has it....but unfortunately no is bothered to share informations. Its sad.
We need to help each other guys.
I've checked it side by side with D600.
D600 has a 2" display,(resolution 240X320)
D720 has 1.9" display,(resolution 176 x 220)
But I like the D720 one. It has small sharp fonts and you can read a hell lot on the screen.
I just want to know if samsung D720 display is bigger or smaller than sams D600.I hope that someone helps me in this matter
being the odd one out of its pack with symbian os 7, UI 60, does anyone know of (for a fact, not guesses) any GPS navigation package that would work on this phone. it seems in theory smart2go™ Mobile Navigator USA or Route 66 Mobile Nokia kit would work (although the map files need to be transferred from the RS-MMC to MMC micro).
Guys I need a little help here.
The one I have doesnt record or playback MPEG4. It works on 3GP. and I found on the samsung website that the Eropian verson has "MPEG4" but the one is their philipines site says "3gp only"..and its called D720S.
Does this means I have a D720S and not D720?
Mine comes with MMCmicro. Do you guys have the same or miniSD?
Can you record or playback MPEG4 video?
Please post.I gona have to take this issue with the vendor I bought it from.
Pros: It's a smartphone. Lots of features, design. That's about it.
Cons: When using bluetooth you can't browse your paired phone, you can only send and recieve. Loading is slow. When slider is up, motioning the joystick down sort of brings the slider down, but not enough to deactivate the phone. Camera is not protected like the D500.
**No speakerphone, or atleast I haven't figured it out yet. If anyone figures it out, please post it.
For me, the design pretty much overcomes it all. The one thing that REALLY disappoints me is the no speakerphone, because when I get calls in the morning while I'm sleeping, I like to use the speakerphone instead of holding up the phone to my ear.
I got my d720 about a week ago and think its a great phone how ever sinds im not really just to the sybient OS i had a bit of trouble understanding the phone however now after a week i do believe its an absolute great phone
So thats for the positive side of the phone
The little headset that comes with this phone however is an absolute insult to the phone i really do not believe that samsung has the balls to put this in the package with the phone.
i will be looking for a replacement headset soon.
ok here is my thoughts after checking the phone in hand.This is my first symbian experience and it seems it will take some time to get use to it.
I havent reached a point to talk about pros and cons. but I would like to give you some informations that is not out there on the web.
1. It DOES NOT have MPEG4 video recording. it records in QCIF 3gp format in 352x288/176x144/128x96 resolution. Frame rate is unknown. Quality is poor.I have to check if MPEG4 files can be played or not. But it has a real player and I assume it can't.
2. Maximum character in SMS is 160.
3. Impresive display even though its only 1.9". Fonts are not annoyingly big, so you can read a lot more lines on screen.
4. Every manu and submenu comes with a long list of submenus, including help (incase you are lost). I assume that's usual with smart phones. But its hard to get to know where is what, unless you are a smartphone user.
5. Even though the power is off, alarm goes on in perfect time. I loved this feature. I wonder how they did it. There has to be some sort of backup power suply keeping the phone alive all the time.
6.Flash is for picture, not for video. Incase of bad lighting there is night mode. I havent checked the camera yet. Will talk about it later.
7. So far couldn't find out how to set picture IDs or separate ring tones. Of by the way you can set any mp3/acc/acc+ file as ringtone.
8. Its a bit slow. takes time to open any menus and all.
9. there are different verson of this phone. Someone said in europe it comes with miniSD card slot (I have seen pictures with minSD written on it too). The one I have, takes MMCmicro....avaiable maximum capacity is I guess 512mb. Thats bad for me. I wish it's miniSD or MicroSD.
But overall...I'm loving it.Cheers!
yoohoo!!! I got my phone today.Im so happy. I was worried about having no ENGLISH manual but found it inside the CD it comes with. Samsung didn't updated their website somehow.
Anyways I will post later about how its working and all.Cheers.
how many characters can u write on the sms in this phone???
cos i check d500 and it only has 70 char...
i hope this phone is not the same as d500...
Actually Plemix.com is awesome. I ordered mine on Tuesday night and paid $38 for shipping. it arrived on Thrusday morning. Less than 2 days!!