There is no way to format the phone like a computer =P but if you want flash it or update the firmware just plug the phone, the new firmware will overcome the old firmware ;-)
PD: For All, if you update your firmware to the version 3 you'll get:
1. Battery Indicator is now 16 slices instead of 3
2. Your phone can Vibrate and Ring at the same time
3. Your phone no longer gradually gets louder when it rings
4. You can use Opera Mini (Internet Browser) Google Maps, and other Java applications that connect to the internet.
5. You can change what the up, down, right, and left keys do when you press them at the main page. You can change it from "Voice memo, phone book, camera, and SMS" to anything you want. Or keep them.
6. Your phone is now UNLOCKED so you can put in any SIM and go ahead
7. If your phone ever sporadicly shuts down on you, or restarts, this will stop that by fixing the software bug.
8. You can have Mp3s as your ringtone without having to do a work-around.
9. Automatically save sent sms to sent folder.
10. Fullscreen picture viewer: Push up button to view pics on fullscreen (for some reason this only works with pics in the mem card or downloaded images folder).
11. Fullscreen video by pushing left button (in case you have the slide closed and you can't push the 1).
12. Limit on GIFs individual file size that phone can handle now is 2.2mb instead of 300kb.
13. Java folder is 8mb instead of 4mb.
14. No confirmation for speaker phone activation.
15. Caller pictures show bigger on screen now, if they have enough resolution.
16. Blacklist feature. Handy to block certain numbers so the phone sends them directly to voicemail without even reminding you of him/her. You can access this feature from Phonebook menu inside the main menu. For more info go here to read the google translation of russian patch release.
17. DRM ignore. You can now send via MMS files with DRM protection (songs or images downloaded thru t-zones and things like that, I think)
18. Current time shown in phone call screen. So you can know what time it is though you're during a call.
19. Configure aspect of "desktop" screen from menu. Go to menu 9-3-3 (settings > display settings > text display) and see at the bottom for new options, like wether to show date and/or time or not, the translucent strip behind time/date, and the position. You can also hide the text shown at the bottom of the screen describing what those softs buttons do (this option is called "Cover title" in the menu)
20. Also this patch was added but doesn't seem to be working for me. Supposedly it lets you add numbers to existing contacts directly from the new number menu.
Remember, all this features is only with the update of your firmware, flashing the phone, so it's under your responsibility...
thanks for the immediate reply.anyone here knows how to format d820?not the "reset to factory settings or defaults" but the full format of the cellphone.I believe its a combination of numbers and characters being typed/pushed together.
a) Go to the service center, because your firmware was altered... (many causes...)
b) Ok, until now only there a manual form, end of write your message, and before push ok, select options, and then save and send, and ready since here the normal steps, and when you send it automatically it will save in the sent box....
a)what seems to be the problem if the "preview error" message always pop up everytime I opened the camera or video?I cant use the video/cam anymore.It will just display the preview error message and will not show the cam at all.
b)how to save the send messages on the SENT folder. Its not saving.
You don't extract the JAD file, you create the JAD File.
First, you need a JAR file (the really important file), then with the JAD Maker (Also found in that page of the free games) create the JAD File.
Just crawls the JAR file into the "icon program" of the JAD Maker, ready you have the JAD File of the JAR File...
oh sorry. and thankx. i just have one more question. i followed all the procedures and stuff, but how do i extract the game files into a jad file instead of jar file?
Sorry, the post before this was for Dyano not for Danyo =P sometimes happens =/
Supposedly the card must work automatically, try insert until you hear a "click" because the phone it's readers even when is not well inserted... If continues with the bad reading... maybe the micro sd is defective, try with a second micro sd (maybe of a friend) and if works, the micro sd was defective, if not maybe the card reader is the defective (not hear cases...) and go to the nearest service center =)
Hi, can anybody tell me how to make mt memory card work. i have a 256 Micro SD memory card, it state that the card is inserted, but when i whant to go in it then it tells me, "not allowed:" what can the problem be?
At the bottom of this page there is a blank field, put there "free games" and press enter or click on the button "search opinions", ready you got the answers, because, this question has been already answered...
thanx shinryu...this is kind of an open ended question. does anyone know where i can download games for this phone? preferably free..haha~ Thanx in advance.
To: dany g.
At the bottom of this page there is a blak space, there you put "MP3 Ringtone" and then "click" on "Search Opinions" and ready you have all the opinions that already have been answered with the subjet "MP3 Ringtone"
to shinryu .. i looked on this site but i haven't found the answer 4 my problem...maybe i jumped over it...pls if u can...show me were is the answer 4 my question about how can i put an mp3 as a ring tone ... 10x
i am very astonished to see the batery back up of D-820, if you use camera batery will take 1 hour to discharge this is the hopeless thing that i want to tell you guys...
Hi..Can anybody tell me that which converter can convert mp3 to aac.i ,v got a software (mpeg encoder)that can convert mp3 to aac.But its not stereo format sound.can any body tell me that what software name of that.that can convert mp3 to aac stereo format sound.pls..I willbe thankful..
To: Dany G.
First: Read before you post. Search before you post. There is a big chance that your question is already answered.
And to your first question is already answered...
Second: Then here we go with your second question... The only way to take in/out data of your phone to the computer and viceversa is with the Samsung PC Studio. And instead of use the phone like a USB Mass Storage, put the settings in "Modem" and ready ;-) You have all the data via Samsung PC Studio.
howdy ..how can i put an mp3 as a ringing tone ? i can't find the setting ..pls help ... and another thing...when i plug the phone with the usb cable on my pc...without the memory stick in it...i can't put or take anything from the phones memory..is there a problem?can i do something?thanks
Yes, you can only play 30 songs, but 30 songs per "playlist", because you have in your phone 4 playlist to play, and when your done with one list you can change to another with simply 3 clicks in the buttons. This when your music is in your memory card, but if you have it in your phone, just play one and the next will come automatic, even if is more than 30
I recommend before to put your music in your phone keep it organized (in your cpu and then copy to the memory card)in folders of 30 songs, this so that those added are more easy in a future.
yes you can, just go to sound settings and you can choose from "vibrate first then melody" "melody first then vibrate" etc. =D