The Samsung D880 is the biggest “POS” phone that I have ever purchased. I thought having two SIMs was an brilliant idea as I work in two countries, I wouldn’t have to lug two phones and power supplies around with me any longer.
BOY WAS I WRONG. The D880 has only given me enormous amounts of grief. Here’s why:
1) I can’t sync outlook 07 calendar because it’s always out by -11 hrs (and yes my PC and phone are set to the same time zone). So it absolutely useless for using it as a diary! Which is very important for me work wise
2) Address book won’t go into “Last Name, First Name” mode. it will only stay in “First Name, Last Name” mode regardless of what you configure in the Address book set-up menu. Again very very frustrating from a business/office side of the phone.
3) And the “icing-on-the-cake” is that the battery cover is so poorly fitted to the phone that it always & I mean always falls off every time I either take it out of my pocket or Cell phone holder!
4) I’ve tried contacting Samsung support (via E-mail) regarding the Syncing side of things and have had no reply at all!
5) The voice quality would have to be the worst I have ever experienced with a cell phone and that is listening and talking as people I talk to can’t hear me properly “they say it always drops out”
6) The slide mechanism feels cheap and nasty (because it is).
Anybody who is thinking about this phone should really think twice about it (pardon the pun) . I thought having two SIMS in the one phone was a good Idea but I will never NEVER buy another Samsung POS phone AGAIN!
anybody used this phone with a Mac? In particular, the 3G modem is usable through Bluetooth in OS X?
REYMOND, 31 Oct 2008they say the phone hangs frequently...is it true?No its not hang battery timing is very good
can i config right and left soft keys? because on this keys i have Msg-Wap
Emilio, 31 Oct 2008you need to go to the phone settings, then choose option 13: memory settings and chose option ... morewhat i meant was the sms in my inbox. you have to manually transfer the text messages to the phone from the sim card.
regarding bluetooth, if i set it, it only goes to my bluetooth devices. not the part where you can turn it on/off.
you can connect live messenger,yahoo messenger and see where you are with google maps with this app. http://www.getjar.com/products/603/IMHere
jasonrey, 31 Oct 2008i got this same problem too. if anyone knows how to solve this, please share.
also, how do ... moreyou need to go to the phone settings, then choose option 13: memory settings and chose option 3 that is default memory and change the settings there for your memory card. everytime you remove the card keep the phone switched off cause if you dont, it reverts to phone memory.
to turn on or off the bluetooth in a short way, you will need keep bluetooth in your My Menu settings.
only time you will need to restart your phone is if you change the primary sim option.
REYMOND, 31 Oct 2008they say the phone hangs frequently...is it true?nope..t he phone never hangs.. eight months now and daily double sim use without switchin it off even once and the phone works like a charm..!!
Mario, 22 Sep 2008Group function in phonebook.
When send a message to a group, can I select the persons toge... morei got this same problem too. if anyone knows how to solve this, please share.
also, how do you get the received text messages directly to phone memory? anyway of turning off bluetooth the short way?
samsung didn't explain how to use the dual-sim feature properly. so, NO, you do not have to reboot the phone for selecting the correct sim.
when you want to make a call, first, dial the number or select from the phonebook and then press the button above the volume on the left side to use the 2nd sim. same thing with text msgs. before sending the msg, press the button above the volume on the left side to use the 2nd sim.
all-in-all, a great phone. flash, wifi, 3G would have made this a perfect phone. a perfect active dual-sim phone.
battery backup very low, price very high,but duos is good to handle. thank you
The memory, u need to take out ur battery while if you do have a external memory card Reader.
try to use that and connect to your com to download ur stuff in it.
MicroSD need an adapter to slot into Card Reader then only can download item from ur computer to ur Card.
can you call yourself? like use sim 1 to call your sim 2? that would be cool!
Hi, i don't know how to acess my memory card and i have many things to download into my phone like opera mini 4.1 and others. am using Samsung D880. My phone cannot browse with manuel and authomatic configuration. my email is email@example.com
How can I install fring on this mobile and how can I check the compatibility of this mobile for fring.
is it possible to save more than 285 messages???? 50 seem to be assigned to sim 1 memory, 35 to sim 2 memory and 200 to phone memory?