29 FPS video recorder???
I thought it was 15 fps in cif resolution
can anyone confirm how many fps the video recorder has?
2)mp3 & movie player
5)excellent sound quality during a phone call
6)has things like EDGE which isn't supported where I live :(
7)has Micro SD 2GB card support
8)i like the background with the birds and things moving around
9)doesn't weigh allot! really light!!
10)would recommend it for people who want a 3MP camera on a phone
1)expensive, too much emphasis on the camera 2)doesn't have usefull features other than being a camera & video recorder & mp3 & video player
4)only comes with 60mb memory
5)extremely slow data transfer using USB between phone and pc
6)wouldn't recommend it if you don't need a 3MP camera, although the exposure time is too long
Yes you can set mp3 as a ringtone. I agree that the D900 has a bigger screen and better image and video capture abilities, but it costs way too much money extra for these settings. I'd rather have bought a cheap digital camera which, no doubt, will take better pictures. But no use crying over spilt milk. Might as well enjoy the thing for what it's worth.
hi guys can u help me i want to buy d900 do you think i shud and is it true that you cant set mp3 as a ringtone rep
Yes but W810i doesn't have a 3 mpx with autofocus camera and doesn't record in cif rezolution at 29 fps. and is not slim...is a music phone.
I've had the D900 for 5 days now, and sadly, I'm disappointed. The battery life is awfull, it has no unique features or features that make it distinct and it has only one theme etc. etc. For those interested, the Sony Ericsson W810i is cheaper, and most probably a better buy. It has about the same features as the D900.
Vince: I know.. someone admited that it can record but I asked 4 a second opinion. Why? Because I read somewhere else that it can NOT record calls..So? I need a second opinion pls. THX!
Just wait a few seconds and the backlight will turn off automatically. don't you have patience?
Yes it can. go through the previous posts!
in fact i was a Siemens S55 user. quite old phone, but had all the things i mentioned as cons for this D900 ;)
yes i'm (still) happy with the D900. find my pros here under.
find my cons on this same page. and here are the pros
D900 pros until now:
- good looking!!! :)
- very light weight (93gram) for all the features it has.
- very thin 13mm (width 51mm, length 103.5mm). slides easily in your pocket.
- very sharp and large color display (240x320pixels)
- when turning on the phone starts up quite fast.
- easy to transfer files between a pc and the phone with USB or bluetooth
- offline modus for use in an airplane, meeting or date ;)
- i find the menu's easy to browse through
- sound of calls is very good.
how can i turn off the backlight of the display when charging when it is turned off..
Nice findings. It would be great if you mentioned the Pros as well, that might help others. From my experience what I feel is that you might be a nokia series 60 users and enjoyed those features. But please understand that D900 is NOT a smart phone.I do have a smart samsung phone series 60..D720 and I dont have those issues. D900 is one of the best non-smart phone in the market now.I'm not sure if you are disappoited or happy with it, since you just mentioned the Cons.
A healthy suggestion to all of you... dont just go crazy and buy a phone just becoz it looks good to you. Read the review..see what other users are saying...if you can live wiht that, then go for it it. Coz If you dont, you will be sorry.
For anyone looking to buy a sexy, sleek, light-weight mobile phone that has plenty of features STOP looking. I have had the D900 phone for about a week and i still am not over it. It is so small and thin and good looking. Pictures really do not do it justice!
This phone is something sweet!
im torn between the d900 and e900. i hardly ever buy fones and wen i do i get realli picky.. which one would people recommend? the d900 is tha latest, the e900 looks better but which has better feautures. apparently the e900 doesnt vibe & ring. does the d900 vibe and ring? let me kno :)
Good day to everyone,
I'm not sure why everyone is looking for the screensaver time like the one on D500. IMO this is one of the worst faults of samsung, because the numbers get "burned" onto the screen, much like a PC monitor running the same display for a long time. I had owned a d500 and seen it first hand. it becomes more apparent when you turn on the camera and point it at a plain wall, if you look clodely you'll see residues of the clock's emage and even the padlock sign at the lower left. they pretty much fixed this with the D600 by totally turning the screen off in standby mode. anyways one press of the up volume key will display the clock same as in the D500. so thank samsung for improving it giving a longer life to your LCD's. Also one tip, turn the LCD brightness to the lowest and it'll do wonders on your battery life! hope this helped, getting a D900 later :)
here my current list of cons:
- space key is at the bottom right. therefor you have to bend your thumb very much when texting with one hand.
- no function to let the mobile switch off automatically at a certain time.
- when you wrote a word with T9 and later see that the word is still incorrect the word will not be selected when going back. meaning you have to delete the whole word and rewrite it and then go through the alternatives again.
- when going through the alternative words (T9 texting) you don't see which word it is from the total alternatives. meaning you have to pay close attention when the word "New" appears in the bottom left instead of "Options". Otherwise you'll be going to the alternatives words more then one time.
- outgoing sms are not stored by default. meaning you always have to do an extra action to save an outgoing sms.
- when you want to send an sms the phone by default asumes you want to send it to more then 1 person. you get the contact list and have to select who you want to send to, and then click ok. so even when you only want to send to 1 person you have to do an extra action.
- you can not set another sound/ringtone for incoming sms/email.
- you can not change the volume of the sound for incoming sms/email.
- the volume for incoming calls or sms/emails can not be set on crescendo (from quiet to louder).
- there are no profiles. you can only chose between Silent or Not Silent. so no easy switching between laying in bed, sitting in a meeting or walking in the park.
- there are a few preinstalled Java games (some are only demo's). but you can not install Java games/apps that you downloaded from the internet orso.
the only way to get other games on it is by browsing the web from your phone.
- de setting "Automatic Flash" is not saved by the phone. so every time you will make new pictures and need the flash you'll have to set that setting again.
- there no other theme's available yet by Samsung.
can you tell us where is DX&RZ as you sugested can't see it after applying the code
If anyone interested, this mail is from Samsung:
Thank you for your email.
It is supported 1GB Trans Flash memory. For more information, please contact our service center.
Your interest in our products is greatly appreciated!