I have had the D980 for 4weeks. So far so good. What i like is the use prefered sims by just a click. Seeing is believing get yourself one.
I have the D980 for 4 weeks now. I have no complaint and what i like is that the sims work by just you selecting which you want to use without booting out. one suprising thing is that i still miss my D500. STRANGE!!!!!
I bought Samsung D980 last month but now repent for my decision.
1. Calculator does not have %.
2. Cannot put the ringer to silence when the phone rings.
3. Very brief and unhelpful manual. It could be because thats all it offers.
4. Cannot run applications directly from widgets. Has to bring it to the desktop.
5. Maximum 2 GB external memory.
6. Propriety OS. Cannot find much applications other than with Samsung.
7. Included cover is very lousy which makes you remove the mobile from the cover everytime you receive a call as you cannot see the caller info.
8. Headset and USB charging cable uses the same connector so cannot do both together!
10. Cannot use the company provided cover if head phone has to be used.
11. Branded as a business phone and it does not have 3G or Wifi!!!!!!
12. Difficult to get to Answering machine messages. You really need to dig in to find that.
13. Could have gone for a QWERTY virtual keyboard.
In short it is more like a phone built on a very short notice with very less thought given into usability and more into Dual SIM usage. However, it has an excellent Touch screen and good sound quality.
Do we have a newer model which has 3g with dual sim and what is the price for this in new delhi,india.
Hashmat, 19 Jun 2009And how is the battery ?battery - 3 days max depending of use
the voice clarity is excellent- best of all samsung phones
samsung d980 is built on the platform of samsung i900 omnia without operating system (windows mobile). that's worth something...
orim, 12 Jun 2009this is the best dual sim phone on the market. i have using it for 3 months, and i never have ... moreOrim,
Thanks for so much info.
Is the voice clarity good on this phone ?
I bought recently D780 and the voice quality is not good most of the time.
orim, 12 Jun 2009this is the best dual sim phone on the market. i have using it for 3 months, and i never have ... moreThanks alot Orim...your info has helped me alot...think I'll get one of this beauties....
this is the best dual sim phone on the market. i have using it for 3 months, and i never have any problem with it. it's bit slow but it is normal for touchscreen phones. those people who search mobile phone with dual sim should buy this phone. samsung d880 is not near good as samsung d980. i have used both...
- original package comes with two batteries
- excellent screen
- 5.0 mpx camera (really good photos), and video 15 phs is good enough
- excellent speakerphone quality (in calls, and music)
- very good in signal reception for both sim
- gprs, edge in both sim cards
- mms in both sim cards
- opera mini works with both sim cards
- good web browser also works with both sim cards
- slow touchscreen
- people who likes symbian phones should not like this one
- people who have never had touchscreen phones before should not get this phone
- memory card is bit slow
d980 is excellent dual sim multimedia phone, but it is not like nokia n series or e series. It is good for voice talking, sms, mms, browsing (but not like nokia), photos, videos and music, and it is more reliable then nokia phones.
Anonymous, 11 Jun 2009I want to buy this phone...but can anyone advise if this is a wise investment or not?...or hav... moreI'm sorry but how could you even think that buying a phone is an "investment"? The second you turn on the phone its value has already depreciated. This is more of a necessity that can help you with your real "investments" but not necessarily an investment on its own.
I want to buy this phone...but can anyone advise if this is a wise investment or not?...or have any better suggestions?...i prefer dual sim, fm, 3G,camera, etc...PLIZZZ please PLEASE HELP...
I want to buy this phone but alittle confused about the features and specs...anyone who has this phone and using it, can you please advise...i'm not really tech-savvy so when one complains about earpiece ans stereo speakers not being seperatwe what do you mean?...the price is wuite high...is the phone worth it or is something similar available at cheaper cost...All your help wud be much appreciated...Thank you
This is best mobile.is two month now and i am realy happy with this mobile.
Is simple and anyone can use it.
SAMSUNG THEY DID
Midlifer, 20 May 2009I got my D980 last week. I am very satisfied: 2 sims working simultaneously and easily switc... moreYou can receive business cards!! I have the D780 and thought it was not possible also, until a friend of mine found the option(8) under the options menu when you have the message open. 'attached items'. If you click on that you see the business card and can save it directly to you sim/phone memory. You can also receive business card via bluetooth ofcourse!