> H/W codes are used to tweak the phone setting s to enhance their properties. however, not all versions of the e250 support these H/W codes.
> Anybody who has these H/W code for the newer firmware, please post them here on the board. Many Thanks!
> To transfer pictures to your computer u can use either a bluetooth dongle or a USB cable for your phone.
> I think USB Cables are sold separately. U need to purchase one. if u have one, Install the PC Studio for you to be able to browse the contents of your phone. then you can copy them to your computer.
> Or, Purchase a Bluetooth Dongle for your PC. You can Transfer your pics to the computer using this method. This is much faster than transferring via USB Cable. Cheers!
>Make sure you selected Modem for your USB Settings. Check by going to MENU > SETTINGS > PHONE SETTINGS > USB SETTINGS > MODEM
>Launch the PC Studio then Go to the tab for what mode you like to be connected with. Choose USB or Cable. Your phone hopefully will be detected by the PC Studio. Hope it works :)
the phone is great no complains about tht but i jus got a USB datacable and got PC studio software CD along with it tht is givin me some problems. now the problem is tht the software was installed properly but the PC studio3.0 launcher shows all the application icons disabled. how should i go about this?
thanks a LOT James . U solved my problem . i am still trying to find codes for the new version . when i get them , i will post them ASAP.
a few issues:
> *#8999*8378# does not work with newer firmware versions!
> Installation of Java Games is only possible with Softick PPP and Samsung Java Uploader, but does not work also on newer firmware versions.(Sheesh!)
> Check ur phones firmware by entering *#1234#
> Phones with (firmware) Dev. Version E250DDXGJ2 does not support the hardware code *#8999*8378#
> The memory card can't be used as a default memory for the phone, only for storage and viewing/listening to files.
hi! i bought my phone in the Philippines so i can use it here in Canada but it won't open, the dealer said it is triband. Does anyone know if Canada is included in that triband thing, cause i have no idea. what should i do? thanks!
Hi, Incidentally, my aunt bought the same unit as yours here in the philippines to be used also in canada. i think u need to check ur network services on your phone for it to be used there. Try these steps, this might work: go to menu > settings > network services > band selection, then select "triband". Hope this helps. Cheers!
Someone help pls. I want to know if java applications like mig33, reporo and opera mini will work on this phone. I have never tried these applications on any samsung model, I have been on Nokia ans SE all these years and can't do with the mentioned stuff. Thanx in advance
- Ringtones work only in memory not the card with no workarounds.
- To open office files you "have to" pay double to get E250's big bro D900.
- Where I live it has warranty, sorry for complainer.
- Easiest way for pictures from the phone to the computer is to use USB Cable accessory with E250 set for 'mass storage'.
- For MM messages have your operator sent you settings via SMS. Recheck settings including message center number etc.
- Newer E250 (including mine) can't use code *#8999*8378# but can use other codes for bluetooth & etc. Check your firmware version with the code *#1234#. Then try other forums with your firmware version for a solution.
- Where I live all Samsungs imported are 'made in China' where none of them are fake or malfunctioning. Actually if you observe where you live there are many other things are also made there. This doesn't mean they're fake/lame as long as manufacturers ensure ISO standards since purpose is cheap labor. You can also check IMEI of it within your local distrubutor's site for such case.
just bought this phone for my father from a reputable store here in our locality in the Philippines but i went dubious when i found out on its back interior a sticker with words "Made in China". unlike my samsung e760 phone, this e250 phone is lacking on its back interior with the words "Made in Korea by Samsung". Could this e250 phone i bought possibly not manufactured legitimately by Samsung or in other words an imitation? i would also like to ask from the people here who own an e250 if you can find the words "Made in Korea by Samsung" on this phone's back interior?
This phone is cool, but I have only one problem . I cant send multimedia messages. How do I configure my multimedia message settings? I know what to go into but my messages never send. How do I fix this?
so... meaning i can't use the H/W codes on my phone because it's a new e250?
or what? hehe
i really don't understand the purpose of the codes..
pls help. thnx. :)
I was given this phone as a present but only have one problem how do I download the pictures from the phone to the computer,
i would like to create a password for my images but it keeps telling me wrong password.also is it possible to put a ring tone on the message alert.pliz help