Can someone help me with a suggestion?
First of all, Walkman and CyberShot are just marketing brands. The "CyberShot" K550 produces lower quality pics than the older K750 (I tested!!)
Walkman and CyberShot phones have identical software (easy to demonstrate that), except for the media player and some camera features). I don't like this... X(
I wanted a software like SE because I'm familiar with it and it's good (seams more natural than Nokia's in my opinion). I used the advanced search function on gsmarena.com and found only Samsung E590, but it doesn't have nor adapter nor 3.5 mm jack on it.
I wanted to but a phone, but just I changed my mind to do nothing yet. So I still have a budget... One option was Samsung E590 and it would have been mine by now if it wasn't for that 3.5 mm detail...
Can anyone help me and give me an idea on what phone to buy? Here are my requirements:
-3.5 mm jack or adapter* (if not in the box, at least to buy)
-microSD slot card preferable (far cheaper than Sony cards)
-posibility to zoom in on pictures when viewing them
-no clamshell, no slider or other sistems
-preferably with no joystick
-small price tag (here on GSM Arena the price tag is number 3 (100-150 euros))
*I don't want a "music phone" but I want to connect it to my stereo sound sistem (for better quality sound)
1) Nokia 6233 doesn't have autofocus :( but has the rest (except probably the zoom thing)..
2) SE W810 has it all except the card, which is expensive and the 512 Mb included is too small and the extra money for a new 2 Gb card excedes the price tag and my budget :P (and it cand view .txt files)
3) Samsung E590 has everything except the 3.5 mm posibility. But it comes with the bonus of viewing doc, xls, pdf files
So if the phone I'm looking for doesn't exist I'll be forced to buy a cheap digital camera + cheap 1-2 Gb SD card + a cheap 1-2 Gb mp3 player (for the presence of the 3.5 mm jack) + a cheap phone (or keep my SE K700) :\
Thank you in advance! I prefer being mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
vukmatic, 05 Aug 2008its a great phone but i still cant manage to zoom in on taken pictures :'( i managed to do it ... moreThis is a copy-paste:
> In reply to gio @ 2008-06-21 10:44 from iBjrFor
who said the phone has no zoom...open the files and try the volume buttons...you will see how the picture is getting larger ;))
its a great phone but i still cant manage to zoom in on taken pictures :'( i managed to do it once but i dont know how i did it :( it uses "picsel file viewer"! does any1 know how i can get to that again :)?
Is this phone capable of reading/using Micro SDHC memory cards? I want to add as much memory as I can buy, but I'm not sure about SDHC compatibility. Thanks.
Samgor, 31 Jul 2008Finally got a hand of this cutie little thing ... a blacky, everythings are great, feel & touc... more220x220
its big trouble from this phone.
is not friendly with some themes, wallpaper,games.
Finally got a hand of this cutie little thing ... a blacky, everythings are great, feel & touch, design, size, camera, memory card , a couple of drawback though, sound is a little laidback and the battery last not even a day of medium use, couldn't complain consider the price only US$125 !!! Even bought another silverish for my sister in law ... bought 2 in a wk !
Adrian, 24 Jul 2008I have questions :)
1) Is the joystick reliable?
2) Does it have FM Radio?
3) Can you min... more1) Is the joystick reliable? yes
2) Does it have FM Radio? yes
3) Can you minimize at least 1 java app? How about the music player? no to java and yes to the mmusic player
4) Does it have the necessary Bluetooth software for controling the PC (HID - Human Interface Device)? no
5) Can you put a note or some text on the standby screen?only the calendar
6) Can the calculator extract the square root? no
7) Can it play 3D java games and if yes, does it render them well? yes very well
warung kopi 168 , 27 Jul 2008yo question come with THE ANSWERS.
is this true ??
ahmm...I'm going to buy a phone and I have 2 choises: SE W810 and Samsung E590. To make up my mind, I need answers to my 7 + 1 questions already posted, because I know what SE W810 can do, but I don't know much (except what it sais in the manual) about E590.
Someone told me to cut the headset's wires and connect them with a 3.5 mm jack *_*
hi i have had this phone for about 7-8 months it is a realy good phone and very realiable mp3 java camera i have had no problems simular to samsung d900 i had a d900 but screen broke so then i bought the e590 good features i love it good phone memory bye
oh, and another thing... (besides the 7 questions I already posed just below)
Samsung doesn't make 3.5 mm jack adapters, right? But how about if I find for example a Nokia bluetooth device which has a 3.5 mm jack and this phone plays the music on this device (cause I understand that E590 is able to play music over bluetooth). Is this possible??
relu, 13 Jul 2008the sign that appear on the display is from the ugo function not from gprs..who want to conver... moreI have questions :)
1) Is the joystick reliable?
2) Does it have FM Radio?
3) Can you minimize at least 1 java app? How about the music player?
4) Does it have the necessary Bluetooth software for controling the PC (HID - Human Interface Device)?
5) Can you put a note or some text on the standby screen?
6) Can the calculator extract the square root?
7) Can it play 3D java games and if yes, does it render them well?
Thanks in advance!
I buy this phone todey,and thisis the best phone ever I had,I love it very much!!!
I just purchased the E590 this week, and it is a very unique and great phone!!
One thing that puzzles me though - the battery drains in 4 hours when I listen to music on it. Any thoughts? Or did I just get a defective battery?
the sign that appear on the display is from the ugo function not from gprs..who want to convert in mp4 format can try with Total Video Converter..after you select the video that you want to convert choose mpeg4 mobile and then at settings in video resize you must choose CIF(352x288) quality and then enjoy with your video on mobile :D i'am waiting your questions about this mobile..