does this phone really has a voice recorder for 6 hrs..plssssss reply
I bought this phone and after 3 months i started having network problems.Now i can recieve any network.Is there anybody with a solution to help me out at email@example.com
I've had this phone for almost two years now and I've enjoyed it very much. But because I now want a phone with MP3 and so on, I'll have to get another one.
Referring to all the infrared questions: I've been told that I can only send business cards(name + number of contact person) to other phones and nothing else, defenitely not connect it to the computer by infrared. I use a datacable for that, and it works fine. Only problem was that the E630 has an almost unique output, so only a datacable specifically for E630 will work.
I like the sliding mechanism by the way, it doesn't pop up so fast automatically so you can choose how far you wanna slide it up. With other phones I always get the feeling it will slide right off...
And yes, it's a simple phone, with no MP3, video and so on, but all of you who bought this phone and are now annoyed about that: you could have read that in the specs on every possible site!
using this phone right now but i keep getting no service does anybody know why? i'm with fido in Vancouver, Canada
as in most Samsung phones, the Ir Port is USLESS except for IrModem feature... so dont sweat it and get a real phone... :)
I have this phone, and really like it but i cant seem to send or receive pictures using infra red?
please tell me what is better? D500 or E360 and why? In sound quallity of calls what is more clear and loud?
i enjoy using samsung e630 because it's so unique. i encountered a prolem sending pictures via infrared.do i have any other way to develop or to print my photos stored in my phone? Thanks and more power. please send me any answer to my query thru my email address - firstname.lastname@example.org. tnx.
I have SGH e 630 mobile. Any body knows how to transfer voice recording to computer.
I just bought this phone yesterday and don't know if this will be so helpful, but I've searched the phone thouroughly, in and out, and it seems to be an O.K. if not Good phone. The features of other phones are lacking, but if you are a main caller, then this phone is for you. Like myself, I need to have my phone on always since I am an actor and this is the phone for the very busy!
i just recently had this phone. I must say, this phone doesn't have many features at all. Look, you have a camera, but you can't record a video. I hate this phone. Look, if you're getting the samsung D600. You're smart. With the samsung, you have bluetooth.
i just recently had this phone........but it doesn't have as many features. IT SUCKS! I mean it does look cute, but don't be fooled by the cover.
ive not long bought the e630 but having probs receiving pictures can someone tell me wheather it can recieve picture messaging
i have got the pink version on this phone i have only recently got it! and i can never get signal! if i go to send a txt message my phone shows i have signal but as soon as i press the button to send it the signal goeS! do u think i should take it back and get a different phone? please let me no x
can anyone help me i cant get the infrared to work with my computer
Its a great phone but i downloaded a game somehow i cant delete it can any one help me when i pres run or info my phone reboots
pls help.. i for got my password. can sombody help me? where can i download the software?? pls.. thanks
Yday I got this phone and started playing around. As this doesn't have bluetooth, I tried to use Infrared and that as everyone in this forum said, didnt work. When I tried pushing a file to this phone, it starts sending file and in the end a message comes out with error. Later I found that we need EasyStudio to do so, but since then life is easy... worth trying guys,
and download, EasyStudio (Ver. 184.108.40.206)
let me know how it works,
Got both the E630 and E635. Basically, E630 is the one that works - ie. no picture mail crashing problem found on the e635, thus, it's a firmware problem.
Have sent the E635 to Samsung USA for repairs, they do know about this problem, but as of 3/21/06, have no fix for it.
Difference between the two?
1) Screen on the E635 is far, far brighter at Max vs. E630! By Far! Definitely 2x or so.
2) e630 allows for music ringtone downloads over wap. just visit any of the free ringtone download sites, and you can grab them for free. No go on the E635 that's locked to T-Mobile service.
3) Opera Mini and other Java apps run on the E630, not always on the E635. However, T-Mobile not only has in-phone restrictions for the E635, it also has network blocks as well, so you won't even get Google Local Mobile running right on the E630 if you just happen to be on the $4.99 wap plan and T-Mobile has blocked access to ports in your area.
Thankfully, Opera Mini does run fine on the E630, so that's a plus.
4) menus and buttons are different - completely different layout, so be aware! switching between the two.
5) E630 has a matte keypad and black casing; E635 has a glossy keypad and black casing. Matte is better for the keypad, but I'd like glossy for everything else - don't suppose they'll ever make a mix.
6) Keypads are different in feel when depressed. E630 has a crisper feel, that allows for faster texting; E635 has less feedback, is more mushy, and is harder to text quickly (esp. on the glossy keys blind).
7) They left all of the wap/java/etc. IP/Proxy settings in the E630, took them out of the E635 =( (Bad T-Mobile, bad!)
8) E630 camera has super-fine, fine, etc. settings for picture compression; took all of that out of the E635.
9) Accessories are fully compatible.
10) Have taken apart the E630, and it's a very simple phone to disassemble - probably will have to put the nice E635 screen on the E630 model I have once it's back from repairs (we'll see if they ever fix the picture mail crashing firmware bug in the E635).
11) Parts are next to impossible to get for E630 in the USA - Samsung USA only fixes E635s, and they don't handle anything else =( and they don't sell parts like a spare keypad or D-Pad for home user repairs. (bad samsung bad)
12) There are minor differences in apps and so forth throughout the phone - I'd say if you have the $, get the E630. Otherwise, you'll have to put up with the E635 for free and watch it crash on picture messages (and you won't be able to run most network java apps either).
13) Both phones are outclassed in features and functionality by other phones in the class and price range - eg. Motorola V330. Who would have thought that the V330 has a secure PIN keyboard lock feature you can activate at any time; but the Samsung doens't (only locks on startup, but what if you want to lock the phone powered on to prevent misuse if lost?!?).
There are a LOT of dumb Samsung things that they either left out, or simply didn't implement as well as on other phones, so you'll be frustrated as a power user trying to get this phone to work the way it 'should' (and then discover that half of those can't be done). =(
(eg. no T9 input when WAP/Internet'ing! how backwards is that!)