This phone is great. I really like it, but its kind of stupid without good infrared
You know what? I think this phone suck without bluethoth and with no good infrared. Oh I almost forgot. there is no video :(
I'm not sure if I should buy this or not but I really want a slide fone, im saving right now for this phone. And it is way cheaper than d500, and i dun really like d500 cuz i really want a smaller fone.Please answer my question
This cell can conect to the PC, yes?
In OLA he say hi can, but is really?
- Speakerphone and speaker volume do not go as loud as on other phones. In particular, the speakerphone is not as loud as a Kyocera Slider V5 phone I had on the Virgin Mobile USA system. In a quiet room, both are okay; in a car or city street, you'll have to put the phone closer to your ear to hear correctly. This is why Samsung has that optional speakerphone attachment that goes into the headphone jack on the side of the phone for louder speakerphone conversations.
The speaker volume is also not as loud as my older phone - thus, in a very, very loud environment such as a baseball arena, you will have trouble hearing the caller (again, vs. a kyocera slider/etc). It is very good in all other cases however - office, indoors, etc. all OK.
- Side, external volume buttons DO NOT adjust the ringer volume! =O =O They only adjust the key volume, which is a rather DUMB fact! Possibly the DUMBEST feature I've ever seen on a cell phone to date!
- The phone is a touch (by a little bit) lower in RF reception quality than a Nokia 1100 in the concrete building I work in. You can hold a call on the Nokia and not lose a drop of audio walking around and spinning in circles in locations where the signal bar is down to 0 or 1. On the Samsung, you will drop audio for periods of time simply walking into a 0 - 1 bar zone, or spinning around in circles!
Naturally, this also has to do with the fact that the Nokia probably has a higher power output than the Samsung (1.x vs. 0.7 according to SAR rating), and it has a bigger antenna space vs. tiny Samsung.
In most areas, if you're on the Cingular system in the USA, you'll be fine. T-Mobile - I'd expect much lower signal strength and coverage like I've experienced with this phone. (Yes, swapping Cingular to T-Mobile SIM cards on this phone can result in 5-7 bars going down to 1-2 bars in reception. T-Mobile simply doesn't have as good coverage, even in Los Angeles.)
And you will often see the phone get 2 bars (out of six) just sitting there on the desk, but it'll jump into "Searching..." mode for no reason at all. The T-Mobile tower sure didn't go down, and it shows the phone has trouble holding onto a connection to the tower in idle mode here at work. (Cingular is more solid; Sprint has never dropped the signal at all in my concrete work building.)
- rectaungular, Samsung-only headset jack! =( =( =( Terrible given that you can not use any standard 2.5" phone headset with this phone, and even though the included headset from Samsung is of high call and audio quality, minus ratings here for not using an industry standard jack. No bluetooth either, so this is a big loss for many users with custom/other headsets.
- T-Mobile E635 USA model. Terrible because they locked all of the 'useful' features and you can't get any useful downloads to occur between phone and PC (eg. backgrounds, ringtones, etc.). You can only download the SIM contacts and SMS using the Samsung file manager with the locked T-Mobile USA E635. Better to get the unlocked E630 instead if you want more control over this phone.
- Awkward placement of the camera button on the side of the phone. You can start the camera up using the 4-way pad (on the USA E635) and the menus, but the side button is too low IMO. It should have been placed farther up.
- Can't turn off Camera Shutter sound (w/o reflashing anyways) on the E635. Probably true on the E630 as well based on that other comment re: Samsungs always have this on. Very annoying!
- No voice controlled anything! Come on now! On a $200+ phone, it can't voice dial vs. a 8MB to load on a desktop browser!
- No camera lens cover.
- No true flash. Only a bright LED light and that's only good for 2 feet max at night.
- No user customizable menu colors; can only pick from default 4 on the USA E635 locked.
- None of the call records show the total call length of each call! My old
Recently I purchased SGH E630 samsusng. I can transfer the pictures and other things except voice - conversation recording to my pc. Any one tell me how to transfer voice recorded - conversation recorded data to my pc
loads of thanks for the info. im thinking of buying it in january. still saving for it.
Well I have this fone for 3 months now and i must say its pretty neat. But as was mentioned the infared doesnt work properly it may start transfering then it fails, and when you try to scroll through the MMS sent folder the fone turns off....? Also where can I get composed written music for mah fone?
This is a pretty good mid-range phone for the price it is going for here in australia. It doesn't have video tho, which is sad. But i still love it! Its tiny & beautiful, ppl mistake it for the d600!
Hope this helps
im interested in buying this phone and i just want to know if it's really worth buying and does it have video. please respond to my inquiries.
Pleanse help. My cell is given to me from a friend. Whenever i switch off the phone, the flash light in the back turns on and there's no way to turn it off, so it drains a lot of battery. Also, I can't get any midi or mmf ringtone files from other cell or throught a infrared usb adapter. Anyone know whats wrong? When i use this infrared usb adapter, it sends to 90 sumthing % then it will say an error occured while wireless link was sending file data to the other machine. The data is invalid. Please help
did you know any links to wap sites with ringtones, images....free? pls post, thanks a lot!
Hi! How can I make this pohne's infrared port be compatible with a Nokia phone (S60 series)? ..to transfer pics&photos...?
could someone pls tell me about the sliding mechanism? I've read in reviews that it isn't very good but there are no specific details!