Is the key pad really sensitive? can u adjust it at all? please someone reply asap =]
honestly, this is a cool phone. my co-leagues really like the design and always complement on it(even my gf envies me, shhhh). i liked it too 1st time i saw it, so i sd gotta have that. too bd i think this was meant for girls bt who cares its too much good of a phone to have. i cld have gone for d900 bt i ddnt like wide fones, i always fancied fones that were small and thin even though they were stout on the side(f u know what i mean).i only knew that this was a girl's fne when i recvd my package and guess what? the box featured a girl... hahaha! so what, right?;) anyway i guess its a common thing for me, my prev fone was an e600(box also featured a girl) w/c makes me think, r 'e' models really meant for the gals and 'd' for the men? hmmmm. anyway, holly... ur insight were really helpful, i was supposed to ask reg charging. i hated it when i saw my unit lit up the entire time it was plugged in. i thought it was a flaw. im jst concerend that it my damage the lcd for lighting up for long periods of time bt nw u became my confimation that it applies to all e900's. and yes my bat life also is short... way shorter than my e600's slim batt. i really nid to hav a extra batt for this too, too bad it ddnt come w the package. dawn, ur comments were true bt reg the keypad? hmmm, i dnt find any trouble txtin' considerin im a man w kinda large thumb bt the sensor... GOSH! how often is it when im trying to do one thing then it jst exits, arggggh. and when taking pix? hahaha, it exits when ur abwt to take the pic. bt now ive learned to use the side key for taking the pix instead of using the center button. btw, it takes too long before it captures the immage, is it bec of it being a mega pix cam? there are times when i try to take pix of my cat or dog but the delay causes me to miss the good pose. also i hate the thought that each time u set ur alarm u have to choose a tone AGAIN! oh, btw dawn, regarding the annoying sound u hear, on idle mode, jst press the volume key at the side to lessen or even cancel out key sounds;) i hated it too bt i jst lessend it down to volume 1. also did u notice the speaker? i guess it lacks volume, u shld be in a quiet environment if u wanna talk using ur speaker fone.well i guess i sd enough. my frnd btw wld be getting a d900, hopefully i wont drown in envy when i see its features, tsk tsk. and hopefully its as wide as i was thinkin
I have always been a Samsung girl…and I was thinking of getting the E900 but I read so many bad opinions about this phone. I was going to buy think from Hong Kong since I don’t think it is released in my area yet but if I do I don’t have warranty and Im worried if the phone stuffs up I cant really do nothing about it with no warranty…so HELP! Is the E900 THAT bad? Or am I just paranoid?
Does anyone know how to set an MP3 as your alarm ringtone???......ive got a clip sotred on my memory card but cant seem to transfer it to the "favourite sounds" or "downloaded sounds" file which sems to be the only two folders where you can draw music from to add as an alarm....
thanks in advance
can anyone tell me if this phone has wap. if yes, how do i activate it ?
F9sc, if the torch works, it's not rocket science, but I tried it and any other combo and the flash doesn't light up in idle, so I am thinking it's a setting somewhere or it's a bug. Thanks anyways.
to Curious: If you search on ebay, you can get a crystal clear plastic shield for your phone, it fits on the front and the back and is apparently very thin so doesn't make the phone look bulky or anything. This will stop it getting scratched.
Hope I helped!
Samsung should invest more money into R&D........as it is, their phones have numerous minor & major faults everywhere!
good job ppl, but i'd like to ask something. The pristine condition is uber, very nice and the screen protector for the front part is too nice to be true, thus it only left one more thing.....the shiny jet black back. And since its the back, it gets scratches even easier, mine got some minor ones after a week. So users, any of you have any idea to overcome this? i came of thinking to cut a screen protector to stick behind but it will have a "hole" since tat part is meant for the navigation keys.....any ideas?
I got this phone almost a month ago and i have to say i love it. Im so careful with it, iv even kept the plastic front on!! It does not look as good but it keeps better! The touch screen buttons can be annoying when you first have a play with it as you keep pressing cancel but within a few hours time its so much easier. When the phone is in your bag it will not dial because it locks and you have to press the switch off button before you can activate it closed. You do have to be careful with the phone as the slide up bit is thin and so looks delicate. The phone looks so much better than the D500 without a doubt and the layout of the E900 is better than the D600 aswell. The inbox can hold a maximum of 200 messages, and when you send a message there is no outbox unless you select to save it there. There are only minor problems i have with the phone:
* The phone cannot ring and vibrate at the same time which can be annoying.
* If you hold the side key on the top of the phone it cancels what you are doing and going back to the main menu.
* You cannot have a realtone as a message alert but i dont find this a problem.
* When im using my phone alot the battery life is poor it lastest about 1/2 days when i first got it but i was playing on it alot.
There is alot of features on this phone including a 2 megapixel camera with special effects such as old style photos or black and white and you can use frames when taking your pictures. There is a flash and multi shot option aswell. The phone camera also has a self timer. Once taken the photos you can put a lock on them to stop others from taking them or deleting them, this is handy if friends think they are going to delete an embarsing pic but then cannot! The phone is well equipped with games includding lemmings and bobby carrot. It has an MP3 player and mine holds around 8 songs i think without a memory card. You do get a lead with this phone which allows you to plug it into the computer and transfer songs and images, although when i did this it interfered with my MSN. Other features the phone has is voice recording which lasts up to 1 hour, image editor, an alarm, convertor, calculator, timer, stopwatch, and bluetooth which allows you to view others data without them sending you the files. You can set the phones main menu to black or white and can choose from a grid or list type menu, i personally prefer the grid. You can set the keypad light for specific times, for example i have set it so they dont come on before 5 oclock as it is light and goes of at 8 in the morning.
When the phone is charging the screen light stays on but this is not a problem if u just turn the phone over.
Ok well i think i have given quite a bit of help and i hope it was useful if you were wanting to by the phone or wondering about it. I would give it 10/10 for looks 8/10 for easy to use and 9/10 for features overall 8 1/2 out of 10!!! Please say if you thought this was useful thanks xx
A quick question to E900 owners. Does this phone have a Macro function on the camera? If it doesn't does any Samsung feature this?
Just upgraded got this phone & loving it. Ok so i am a new user with regards to MP3 players. Can someone please tell me how to transfer PC music to my fone as I am desperate to try it out.
Many thanks in advance!!!
This phone is not all it's cracked up to be. Unfortunately, samsung have aimed this phone at blokes, therefore halving it's market. The design of the phone is very nice, and yeah, it's very sleek and sexy etc, but there are some major faults with the phone.
1. The touch screen keys are FAR too sensitive. Especially the cancel button. You can be navitagting with the centre button and the heat from your thumb can cause the button to react and cancel whatever you are doing, returning you to idle status. Very annoying when using the camera!
2. The menu is the same usual lay out as all samsungs BUT the phone tries to remember what you were doing last and it goes straight to that function when you return to the menu. E.g, you can be looking at images and close the phone. Next time you open it, and go to the menu, it will automatically be at the folders option on the menu, rather than returning to the middle (messages) function. This is highly annoying as there's no way that you can get used to the lay out of the menus as it changes nearly everytime you use the phone. I used to be able to use my old E530 with my eyes closed, not this one!
3. The keypad is too small and hard to use, even for delicate ladies hands like mine. The buttons also feel cheap and plastic-y.
4. The colours of the menu annoy me - you can have it Black with orange highlights, or White with orange highlights. Ur.. sorry, but what if I don't like orange? There's no cutomise option on this. You're stuck with it. And to be honest, it looks pap.
5. When the ringtone comes on it plays the first second of the song very quiet. I know this isn't much of a problem, but got a £230 phone I think this should have been worked out!
6. That god-awful little beepy noise it does when you try to do something you can't, like pressing the cancel button in idle mode, I only want to light the screen up! The more I hear it the more it sounds like it's saying "are you stupid? What are you trying to do you idiot?"
7. Samsung have hardly put any stuff like nice walpapers and ringtones on it. Also, you can't change the message tone to an mps, your stuck with whatever is already on the phone. I have about 8 wallpapers on mine, 3 of which are of footballers. WHY? I don't like football!
8. Any downloaded images (this includes stuff you get in messages from people or bluetooth) can be set as the wallpaper but will not be full screen... this really bugs me.
Don't get me wrong, the phone is nice but it could be a whole lot better!
Sorry Samsung, but you really need to open your eyes to what people want in a phone. It doesn't matter how good it looks. If it aint customisable and easy to use, then it aint worth buying.
Hi all users,just want to ask whether any of u face any problems transferring data FROM the phone to the computer via BLUETOOTH?I cant seem to send any data from my phone to the computer while the other way around ( comp to fone ) everything works well.
Another Q to ask regarding the flight mode. I was previously a N3250 user and the flight mode can be activated without the sim card inside the fone.Hence the fone could be used for taking pictures and listening to music. I tried with E900 once with no sim card inside.It did nt seem to function the way as N3250.Is it that way or did I miss out something?
This Phone Is Amazing! The Camera Is Extremely Sharp At 2.0 And Has 4xDigital Zoom. It Holds Up To 120 MP3s Which Is Alot For A Phone To Hold. The Playback Is Brilliant And When Listening With The Earphones The Sound Is Soooo Loud! You Can Purchase At The Link For £199 On O2! x
fawbtohmee, how many fps is the video recording in indoor?
thanks a lot
I live in the US... and this phone... is AMAZING. camera is freaking awesome. and yeah, you gotta keep ur hand still A LITTLE, but no complaint. no big lag... if it does, just change the size. the design is CLLEAANNN and the images are very SHARP and SLICK. and the slider does not jiggle as some seemed to notice. the touch screens i got used to in... 5 minutes. over all... this phone is a 9.5/10 for me. i also got a screen cover and it's working great. anyways... for you in the US, using tmobile or anything else with this phone, if u have problems with MMS sending, change the phones IP. i just did that and i figured it out. if you need help, just e-mail me. God bless. peace. if you need any help in general, i'm sure you can find it here, if not. just e-mail me and i'll try my best. enjoy the e900! cuz it's AWESOME!
Thanks for your comment/review on the phone! Pretty much answered what I needed to know, so I bought one! Now the hardest part of buying such a wonderful phone... the waiting game until it arrives. :-(
hi,is it possible to keep it in predictive mode? sometimes is sometimes isn't.