I have always been a Samsung girl…and I was thinking of getting the E900 but I read so many bad opinions about this phone. I was going to buy think from Hong Kong since I don’t think it is released in my area yet but if I do I don’t have warranty and Im worried if the phone stuffs up I cant really do nothing about it with no warranty…so HELP! Is the E900 THAT bad? Or am I just paranoid?
Does anyone know how to set an MP3 as your alarm ringtone???......ive got a clip sotred on my memory card but cant seem to transfer it to the "favourite sounds" or "downloaded sounds" file which sems to be the only two folders where you can draw music from to add as an alarm....
thanks in advance
can anyone tell me if this phone has wap. if yes, how do i activate it ?
F9sc, if the torch works, it's not rocket science, but I tried it and any other combo and the flash doesn't light up in idle, so I am thinking it's a setting somewhere or it's a bug. Thanks anyways.
to Curious: If you search on ebay, you can get a crystal clear plastic shield for your phone, it fits on the front and the back and is apparently very thin so doesn't make the phone look bulky or anything. This will stop it getting scratched.
Hope I helped!
Samsung should invest more money into R&D........as it is, their phones have numerous minor & major faults everywhere!
good job ppl, but i'd like to ask something. The pristine condition is uber, very nice and the screen protector for the front part is too nice to be true, thus it only left one more thing.....the shiny jet black back. And since its the back, it gets scratches even easier, mine got some minor ones after a week. So users, any of you have any idea to overcome this? i came of thinking to cut a screen protector to stick behind but it will have a "hole" since tat part is meant for the navigation keys.....any ideas?
I got this phone almost a month ago and i have to say i love it. Im so careful with it, iv even kept the plastic front on!! It does not look as good but it keeps better! The touch screen buttons can be annoying when you first have a play with it as you keep pressing cancel but within a few hours time its so much easier. When the phone is in your bag it will not dial because it locks and you have to press the switch off button before you can activate it closed. You do have to be careful with the phone as the slide up bit is thin and so looks delicate. The phone looks so much better than the D500 without a doubt and the layout of the E900 is better than the D600 aswell. The inbox can hold a maximum of 200 messages, and when you send a message there is no outbox unless you select to save it there. There are only minor problems i have with the phone:
* The phone cannot ring and vibrate at the same time which can be annoying.
* If you hold the side key on the top of the phone it cancels what you are doing and going back to the main menu.
* You cannot have a realtone as a message alert but i dont find this a problem.
* When im using my phone alot the battery life is poor it lastest about 1/2 days when i first got it but i was playing on it alot.
There is alot of features on this phone including a 2 megapixel camera with special effects such as old style photos or black and white and you can use frames when taking your pictures. There is a flash and multi shot option aswell. The phone camera also has a self timer. Once taken the photos you can put a lock on them to stop others from taking them or deleting them, this is handy if friends think they are going to delete an embarsing pic but then cannot! The phone is well equipped with games includding lemmings and bobby carrot. It has an MP3 player and mine holds around 8 songs i think without a memory card. You do get a lead with this phone which allows you to plug it into the computer and transfer songs and images, although when i did this it interfered with my MSN. Other features the phone has is voice recording which lasts up to 1 hour, image editor, an alarm, convertor, calculator, timer, stopwatch, and bluetooth which allows you to view others data without them sending you the files. You can set the phones main menu to black or white and can choose from a grid or list type menu, i personally prefer the grid. You can set the keypad light for specific times, for example i have set it so they dont come on before 5 oclock as it is light and goes of at 8 in the morning.
When the phone is charging the screen light stays on but this is not a problem if u just turn the phone over.
Ok well i think i have given quite a bit of help and i hope it was useful if you were wanting to by the phone or wondering about it. I would give it 10/10 for looks 8/10 for easy to use and 9/10 for features overall 8 1/2 out of 10!!! Please say if you thought this was useful thanks xx
A quick question to E900 owners. Does this phone have a Macro function on the camera? If it doesn't does any Samsung feature this?
Just upgraded got this phone & loving it. Ok so i am a new user with regards to MP3 players. Can someone please tell me how to transfer PC music to my fone as I am desperate to try it out.
Many thanks in advance!!!
This phone is not all it's cracked up to be. Unfortunately, samsung have aimed this phone at blokes, therefore halving it's market. The design of the phone is very nice, and yeah, it's very sleek and sexy etc, but there are some major faults with the phone.
1. The touch screen keys are FAR too sensitive. Especially the cancel button. You can be navitagting with the centre button and the heat from your thumb can cause the button to react and cancel whatever you are doing, returning you to idle status. Very annoying when using the camera!
2. The menu is the same usual lay out as all samsungs BUT the phone tries to remember what you were doing last and it goes straight to that function when you return to the menu. E.g, you can be looking at images and close the phone. Next time you open it, and go to the menu, it will automatically be at the folders option on the menu, rather than returning to the middle (messages) function. This is highly annoying as there's no way that you can get used to the lay out of the menus as it changes nearly everytime you use the phone. I used to be able to use my old E530 with my eyes closed, not this one!
3. The keypad is too small and hard to use, even for delicate ladies hands like mine. The buttons also feel cheap and plastic-y.
4. The colours of the menu annoy me - you can have it Black with orange highlights, or White with orange highlights. Ur.. sorry, but what if I don't like orange? There's no cutomise option on this. You're stuck with it. And to be honest, it looks pap.
5. When the ringtone comes on it plays the first second of the song very quiet. I know this isn't much of a problem, but got a £230 phone I think this should have been worked out!
6. That god-awful little beepy noise it does when you try to do something you can't, like pressing the cancel button in idle mode, I only want to light the screen up! The more I hear it the more it sounds like it's saying "are you stupid? What are you trying to do you idiot?"
7. Samsung have hardly put any stuff like nice walpapers and ringtones on it. Also, you can't change the message tone to an mps, your stuck with whatever is already on the phone. I have about 8 wallpapers on mine, 3 of which are of footballers. WHY? I don't like football!
8. Any downloaded images (this includes stuff you get in messages from people or bluetooth) can be set as the wallpaper but will not be full screen... this really bugs me.
Don't get me wrong, the phone is nice but it could be a whole lot better!
Sorry Samsung, but you really need to open your eyes to what people want in a phone. It doesn't matter how good it looks. If it aint customisable and easy to use, then it aint worth buying.
Hi all users,just want to ask whether any of u face any problems transferring data FROM the phone to the computer via BLUETOOTH?I cant seem to send any data from my phone to the computer while the other way around ( comp to fone ) everything works well.
Another Q to ask regarding the flight mode. I was previously a N3250 user and the flight mode can be activated without the sim card inside the fone.Hence the fone could be used for taking pictures and listening to music. I tried with E900 once with no sim card inside.It did nt seem to function the way as N3250.Is it that way or did I miss out something?
This Phone Is Amazing! The Camera Is Extremely Sharp At 2.0 And Has 4xDigital Zoom. It Holds Up To 120 MP3s Which Is Alot For A Phone To Hold. The Playback Is Brilliant And When Listening With The Earphones The Sound Is Soooo Loud! You Can Purchase At The Link For £199 On O2! x
fawbtohmee, how many fps is the video recording in indoor?
thanks a lot
I live in the US... and this phone... is AMAZING. camera is freaking awesome. and yeah, you gotta keep ur hand still A LITTLE, but no complaint. no big lag... if it does, just change the size. the design is CLLEAANNN and the images are very SHARP and SLICK. and the slider does not jiggle as some seemed to notice. the touch screens i got used to in... 5 minutes. over all... this phone is a 9.5/10 for me. i also got a screen cover and it's working great. anyways... for you in the US, using tmobile or anything else with this phone, if u have problems with MMS sending, change the phones IP. i just did that and i figured it out. if you need help, just e-mail me. God bless. peace. if you need any help in general, i'm sure you can find it here, if not. just e-mail me and i'll try my best. enjoy the e900! cuz it's AWESOME!
Thanks for your comment/review on the phone! Pretty much answered what I needed to know, so I bought one! Now the hardest part of buying such a wonderful phone... the waiting game until it arrives. :-(
hi,is it possible to keep it in predictive mode? sometimes is sometimes isn't.
The E-900 is available for about $200US if you buy from an independent store. I got it for about $117, but since they tax the "original" MSRP (8.25% on $600), it ends up being closer to $200.
This is my first slider phone, and I really like the sliding mechanism. It's not the most solid piece of machinery in the world - I'm not about to try pulling the top half off the bottom half, but it does feel well constructed. The sliding mechanism consists of two hidden gear wheels (I'm inferring this from the toothed grooves visible on the back of the screen when you slide it up); there are no exposed metal bars like the other US models.
The MP3 playback and calling quality is high if you use the earbuds; the speakerphone is a good basic feature, but nothing to write home about (the sound is too sharp). The MP3 player is limited to 4 playlists at 30 songs each, which might not be enough for people with large libraries.
The camera takes pretty high quality 2MP photos, but it performs rather slowly at the maximum resolution. The flash is very useful as a torch, but it doesn't work too well for illuminating subjects in low light.
Fingerprints do show up fairly easily, but I've had the phone for a month and it still looks as cool as always; I did buy a hard plastic LCD screen protector so it won't get scratched (they make them real good nowadays - you won't even notice it's there.)
let me start with the pros of this fone; d mp3 is really good quality and i'm now rethinking my decision to buy an iPOD (lol)!! i listen to my music on d fone everyday and its just as good as any mp3 or whatever. it stores about 16 - 18 songs on average bt i kno sum1 dat has stored about 28 songs by shrinking d file sizes of d songs. the camera is definitely what i like best about my e900. as my friend would say even the ugliest people look nice wiv it ,hehehe!
the cons are that it takes a while to get used to the keypad, which is similar to the LG chocolate (their both touch sensitive). unless you have had previous experience with touch sensitive keypads, it mite take u more than a week to fully gt used 2 it, just like me!!
finally, the phone as a package is really stylish. it's small so i have no problem carrying it in my jeans or just in my hands unlike sum fones dat u have 2 keep in ur handbag. i've recommended the fone to my friends!!