I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this before but there is a version of this phone, the F480L, intended for Latin America. It is not the same as the phone reviewed here. I bought one thinking it was the same thing and here are some differences I found:
1. No 3G
2. 67MB internal memory (not 232MB)
3. According to the manual, support for only up to 2GB microSD (not 8GB)
4. The touch technology is different. The phone comes with a stylus (there is a slot for it on the phone) and doesn't respond as smoothly to your fingers as say an iPhone.
5. The F480L firmware doesn't have the animations of the F480 e.g. there is no flip when changing screens and widgets don't do that little bouncing thing when you drag them on screen.
6. Instructions for flashing the F480 do not work on the F480L (perhaps because the hardware is not the same).
Overall, I still like the F480L. The touch screen really isn't that bad as I almost never use the stylus.
Anyones knows where to download JAR file? I need it. so that i can play my games.
can u sync ur calender on ur computer to the calender on ur f480 and transfer whatever u saved to the f480?? please help
Anonymous, 30 Dec 2008i buy one but the bluetooth does not work.only ican receive,i can not send ,please, if anyon... morehey mate its very simple once u recieve the odr bluetooth dn u hve to drag ur bluetooth towards d odr one the u cn able to transfer very easily ,
ASSAF, 07 Jan 2009is it possible to download new widgets to this phone? if yes, can anyone please explain how?Nope... you cant normaly add additional widgets. the only way you can add is by flashing a new/updated firmware wich has more or additional widgets...
How can i put new games in my phone? i have allready download games in my computer but i can not put in aplicaton.
durag, 07 Jan 2009i can't get any videos to play in full screen can anyone help me pleasewhy did buy the phone if you didnt know how to use it
i can't get any videos to play in full screen can anyone help me please
Toto, 05 Jan 2009Hi Guys
i want to buy F480 do u really recomend me to buy it can any one of you give the w... moreIt is a great looking phone but has two serious flaws which If I had known at the time would have purchased a different phone.
1) Though it is a 5 Meg camera, it is rather poor. If lighting conditions are not completely perfect you will not get a particularly good image. The 2Meg camera on the Ipone provides a much more crisp image.
2) The web browser does not have compression technology so you have to scroll up and down and across the screen constantly to see a full web page. With the two websites I specifically want to use I have to enlarge the page view to be able to get the buy/sell buttons to respond to touch. On one of them, no matter how much I expand the screen, I can not see the pricing data that I require.
I also cannot seem to turn off the keyboard sound without turning off the ring sound so if anyone has any ideas on that?
Also, I can't advise on the music capability of this phone as I do not use it as an MP3.
Hi, when I click "CREATE MESSAGE" followed by OPTION icon, I can select the "ADD RECIPIENTS" list. Can anyone tell me hw I can remove the list?
is it possible to download new widgets to this phone?
if yes, can anyone please explain how?
I just got this phone can any1 tell me how 2 change the standby (when the phone is locked)wallpaper.
can anyone tell me how to restore my nokia backup into f480.eg,sms contacts.
i`v bought the f480 an i was checking the specs on the net an it says,this phone can carry up to 8GB memory card. I have a 4GBHC memory card and it don`t work..Can someone tell me why?.
alro, 05 Jan 2009how do i connect my fone to pc to put movies, pics, and musics?? Thanks!First of all u have to save the pc studio from the given cd along wd d fone dn u cn transfer ny data wd the help of datacable, dn u jst nid to drag nd add d require application musik nd all
plzz i need help with my phone when i take a pic it gets flew when it saves helpppppppppppp plzzzzzzz this is a 5 mega pixel cammm plzzzz anyone help
ashk, 06 Jan 2009very weak camera,i cant install any game or application on it, 5800 (nokia) is better Surely you can't install anything on it. It's not a smartphone. There's no OS on it