Have had the Tocco a while now, and there are a couple of niggling things that really dtrag the experience dow. Here they are now, that bad points first:
1. When you chage the sms text size to a smaller size. it doesnt stay the changed size when you change to a different message. The default setting is way to large. Believe me you get browned off constantly having to change it. INFURIATING.
2. Says the camera is a 5MP. it's absolutely rubbish. I had a K800 before that for a 3.2MP camera is years ahead of the Tocco.
3. The camera locks after about an insanely 3 seconds all the time. YOU CANT CHANGE THIS. So when you are in a call (checking inbox, telephone banking) you constantly have to unlock it before pressing a button EVEN TO END THE CALL you have to unlock it.
4.Widgets are a non-runner. You get bored with the default ones. where's the ability to change them ?????.
5. Main menu can backround can be only either black or white?. I've had user generated themes on my Sony Ericssons for years now?
6. NOT BEING ABLE TO TURN OFF THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN TYPING A MESSE (UNLESS IN SILENT MODE) Frigging drives me insane. The fact that you have to pick between 2 bad sounds when there should be an option to turn it off on its own is the worst oversight ever.
Here are the plus point:
1. Integration/Synching with Microsoft Outlok is a breeze. Had all contacts on the phone in no time.
2. Samsumg PCConnection software is great. Works a treat (Sonys is rubbish)
3. Touchscreen is easy to use after a bit of practice. As quick to type a message as a normal phone.
4.Great feel in the hand. Not to big and bulky.
5. 3G is your into that is fantastic. I only use to check the football result but after hearing about the problems the iphone is having (still want one though), this is great. Constantly have 3G signal 5bars alot of the time.
6.Music player is pretty basic. But if i listen to music I have never used my phone always an ipod. FM radio is pretty decent.
All in all, its a decent phone. Havn't had any dropped call. Call quality is fine and all. But If your like me any those annoying little niggles are too much. Avoid this phone. Otherwise for a rather pleasant touchscreen phone its decent.
iv just bought the tocco and is the best touch screen out there better than i phonetested it its cr*P, its got no bluetooth witch says it all. tocco a definetly must buy...
Pros: Very intuitive interface, excellent styling and build, small and thin.
Cons: Very very very poor speaker for earpiece. All calls sound boxy and muffled. By the way we bought 25 of these for our firm and everyone saying the same thing about the quality of this speaker.
Anyone know a free videoconverter like SUPER for f480
got it months ago and cant put it down, best phone i have ever had and ive had a few lol, and yes it has video calls, totally amazing phone. just go get it now
m thinking about buying f480 ,,, but i read on a website that it does not support video call... is this right????
currently am using n95, am planning to buy a phone which is a touch screen for a change. i saw the f480 and its stylish and small compare to iphone. tocco is advisable to buy? please help
Hedgehog, 10 Sep 2008Hi, I'm thinking about getting this phone, but can someone tell me what the battery life is like??24 hours
yellow bell, 17 Sep 2008I bought this phone for one month now, so far, so good. i was amazed one when my friend asked ... morei faced this proplem at first too,when u activate the bluetooth and search for devices,ur friends device name will appear in a circle,put ur finger on the name and drag it to the center(don't only touch or click on the name u choose)
really it's a great device,i'm using for 2 months now and i didn't face any proplem with it,the sound of the call is great,the software is great and it's very easy to use although it's my first touch screen device,the only proplem is the camera photos which is somewhat blurred on when displayed on the mobile screen but the antishake option is great and the smile detection too.
anyway i strongly recommend it to anyone.
Anonymous, 17 Sep 2008how do u extend the video recording time. i can only record for 10 secs???On video recording standby select the "setting" then "recording mode"
then "normal" instead of limit for MMS.
On "normal" you can make video for hours.
how do u extend the video recording time. i can only record for 10 secs???
At first I was very excited by this phone, I'd read the reviews here and bought it standalone. aving had it for a couple of months I am going back to an old K800i.
It looks fine but the the UI is clunky, with gaping areas for improvement.
Rather than making comms easier it has slowed down everything I would do. If you have a iTouch then you'll know how many options a real touchscreen interface can add. Here, they really had no idea.
Texting is a chore.
Navigating the phonebook is as challenging as a game.
Everytime it requires a password it just brings up the box, not the onscreen keyboard, adding another pointless step.
Im sure it will improve, but it realy needs to.