Don't lie. This is one of the better phones on the market (well... it was...) with one of the better touchscreens and a stable system. If you are truly a salesman in mobile phones, I bet you might want to do a better job and listen to the real salesman over here.
This was my 7th phone after Nokia 2110 (1996), Samsung R220 (2001), Nokia 2600 (2005), 6610i (2005), 6280 (2006) & SE w660 (2008). I bought it in Feb 2009. I went to get an LG Cookie but the vendor convinced me to buy this. It looked very promising touch UI at that time with excellent sound quality, 5 MP camera, good looks, document reader etc. But at a closer look, I was more disappointed. I have detailed out my disappointment point wise below. Any body looking for this mobile must read my opinion.
1. Camera was the biggest disappointment. Although it has a 5 MP camera, it is not good. Image resolution is 2560 X 1920 alright, but they are not sharp enough. They look exactly same as a 2 MP image changed to a 5 MP image in a software like photoshop. Its true that any mobile camera can not compare with a digital camera any day, there was still much scope for improvement. I have also used Nokia & SE Phones & Nokia quality is best among them.
2. Downloading games/ applications is not easy. You just can not copy and open them. Officially you can just download them directly by using internet through the phone only. Some developers have developed or cracked some means by which you can download them on the phone through P. C. I and some other friends have already discussed that procedure here earlier (some 4-5 months ago). Still that procedure is very tedious and very inconvenient.
Application can only be installed on phone memory. So that you have a limit of 232 MB. Card is only for songs and videos.
3. Message/ Memo/ Notes memory is very less, just about 200 letters. You can not send long messages or store large notes.
4. It does not have WLAN capabilities.
5. It has capacitive touch screen so that any kind of stylus will not work. A resistive screen allows multiple types of inputs.
These are the points in which this mobile is inferior to others in competition. And these points constitute major criteria for buying a good mobile. Other wise Samsung SGH F480 touch wiz has some great features. Excellent sound quality. Very good touch UI. Good internet browsing speed. Very good factory installed touch applications. Very efficient document (doc, xls, ppt, pdf) reader.
It has a strong competitor in Nokia XM 5800 in the same price group. I have also got an XM 5800. I have compared both of them thoroughly feature wise. According to me the Nokia surely looks clear winner.
Great phone, had it for a year now. No problems, great looks, great features :)
I've had this phone for the last six mths, n plus sold tons of this to customers. It's a good phone for less demanding phone user. I like it bcoz its small n cute, plus easy to operate. but the only i dont like is the sensitive keyboard, it takes me a while to get used to typing a msg without mistakes. n i always seems not able to hear my phone ring if its in my handbag compared with my LG viewty, I always able to hear my phone ring even im shopping on a busy street. but All in all this phone got good camera and generous 2G SD card, a fast response system. I believe its a value for money phone.
only reason u think its crap is because u sell it to the wrong people.....let me guess u work for telstra!
sash, 13 Oct 2009im thinking of getin the f480 should i or shouldnt i please help ....im using the model for the last dix months it has got good features its better then anything of it cost better do buy it .
i want to know its sound quality without head phone and plz reply camera quality in night
i'll never advice anyone to buy this thing of a phone. it is really useless. i got less thn a year now but the screen keeps on freezing, wtf is tht. mfk phone, i cnt do anything on it, i ve really regreted owning it.
Does this phone has accelerometer sensor for auto rotate?? Which is better to buy, this samsung f480 or the samsung star?? please reply asap. still thinking which fone to buy on a lower price for a touchscreen with good features.
thanks. . .^^
sash, 13 Oct 2009im thinking of getin the f480 should i or shouldnt i please help ....yes
As for any mobile handset, you need to periodically update the phone software through you computer via Bluetooth, USB cable or any other way that pair them up. Thtats because if you dont , the programs and the phone itself can became increasiling slow 'till frezees. So thats not nice specially when you are in the middle of someting important.
sanju, 11 Oct 2009i want to know its sound quality without head phone and plz reply camera quality in night ... moreI've been using my one for 4 months now and it just keeps geeting better and more fun. Sound great . MP3 in fun and sounds great too 5MP camera takes great pictures. Setbacks: no WiFi. Use your own network to browse the internet-charges apply naturally.
it's now a year since i've got this phone... till now it's still cool to have.
though some of its parts are fading now, the glossy finish are starting to get out, i still prefer this phone. i was thinking of buying a new phone like the new chocolate but i cant, i love this phone...
A good phone, but it has some flaws! Video recording is bad, and also the message typing is very hard. On the + side the photos are excellent! Very easy to get used to the touchscreen and the battery just lasts for days.... :)