How do I make a complete backup of this phone with all the contacts, SMSes, etc.
I know the nokia pc suite is capable of making a complete backup and then restoring it to the phone.
Ive been trying to use the Samsung PC Studio application but it does not seem to offer this functionality.
You can download firmwares at http://www.samsungflash.tk
or you can visit your nearest Samsung Service Centre. They do provide upgrades.
dru, 23 Mar 2009what are the differences of the original f480 againts the china clone f480? how can i know wha... moreHi dru!
My F480 was actually made in Korea where Samsung is based. I have seen cloned F480 and they were made in China, it really looks like the original but it is lighter. You cannot use stylus on the original F480 phone because it uses heat transfer from your fingers, while in the fake you can use stylus because the screen is soft and is made of low grade touch screen material. Another difference I have seen is the keypad interface when you text, the original has the multi-tap keypad interface while the fake has the QWERTY interface. The camera of the original was fit perfectly while the fake is some kind of misaligned and produces poor picture quality.
Jake, 23 Mar 2009I am considering buying this phone but there are a few things I want to know first:
Does it... moreHi Jake!
No. This phone has no auto-rotate feature. Omnia does.
It has no QWERTY keypad.
Even the most durable phone won't last if you keep on dropping it. I suggest you protect it with silicon or rubber protector to avoid scratches and to lessen the impact if in case you dropped the phone. These are available on e-bay.
Yes. It is a good value for money and it would be worth buying if you take good care of it.
shivani, 23 Mar 2009Hi all,
I am Planning to buy this phone by end of the month. Please let me know if the under ... moreHi Shivani,
Here we go:
1. F480 has vibrations and you can even customize the vibration.
2. Yes, it has silent mode. All you have to do is to long press #,
3. It has entries in Calendars e.g. birthdays, memo. Birthdays are even on the widgets for fast access.
4. Please refer to No. 2.
5. Yes, you can customize reject list.
6. Yes, you can though this I believe is network depended feature.
7. You can put passwords on SMS, files, calendar, call log, etc.
8. Though this phone's display is average because it is touchscreen, the picture quality is good when you transfer it in your PC.
9. F480 has radio.
10. Yes, speakerphone is good for this unit.
11. Yes, you need to buy separate memory card. I am using 8GB and I don't have problems accessing files and with its speed.
Hope I answered your questions. Cheers!
I think this fone is brilliant i really enjoy it. my boyfriend is getting it very soon...great fone from a opinion that works at optus.
Anonymous, 21 Mar 2009wlan? i thought it didn't have wlan..am thinking of buying it myself..No wifi, no Wlan
I am considering buying this phone but there are a few things I want to know first:
Does it have the rotate thing when you turn the handset?
Does ti have a proper keyboard aswell or just numbers?
Is it durable becuase I am prone to dropping phones?
Is it good value for money?
I am rather dissapointed with this phone, I am seriously considering throwing away this phone and going back to my trusty sonyericsson w880. My phone is going back to the repair shop for the second time now, due to drop calls.
I want to love this phone, but this relationship has been on the rocks since my upgrade.
how does one block incoming sms messages? The d900 had this option but this doesn't seem to have the option?
i need anyone to help me with the camera figure my camera its not clear the picture its not nice pls anyone help for more clearer and nicer picture?
otherwise the phone is assume and loving it....
thank u in advance....
what are the differences of the original f480 againts the china clone f480? how can i know what is the original againts a clone one.
i need to know because someone's selling me a F480 for a very cheap price... thanks...
hello can pls somone help e where can i download the new firmware of my f480 help.........
I am Planning to buy this phone by end of the month. Please let me know if the under mentioned features are available in the phone.
2. Silent Mode
3. Entry in Calenders like Birthday, Anniversary and Memo alarms.
4. How to put the phone on silent mode.
5. Put the phone numbers in the reject list option and to remove them from the reject list.
6. Can we block the sms of the persons where we wish not to talk to them.
7. Can we put passwords on sms, phone, files etc. basically called privacy security.
8. How is the camera. Hope it catches the original colours. Doesn't get chenged after clicking the picture.
10. Speaker phone
11. Do we need to buy memory card separately.
These all above features are available in Samsung G800.
Please mail it to me on my mail ID - email@example.com else post your reply to me on my name please on this site itself.......