Hi guys, I recently purchased this phone and I am very pleased with it. I have a question, does anyone know what pixel size picture you need for it to display appropriately as a wallpaper on the G600?
will the firmware update make mp3 files as message alert tone?
and when i open the mytheme, there's no option to create one..just 'save'..how can i create one?
otherwise, this is a cool phone..the interface / software is far better than other samsung phones except E950..
my messages are displayed with the number instead of the name. can you please help me change it. its so annoying. please reply back to me ASAP!!
Are you really happy with photo results ?
I feel better with my U 600.
I see a lot of ppl asking a lot of questions on the G600, dunno if its help but i have some answers:
1) Maximum memory is 2GB (I'm using a 2GB), cannot confirm if a 4GB works (don't hav 1 to try it)
2) It can view .PDF, .txt, .doc, .xls
3) Ringtones can be changed but message tone is limited to 4 samsung tones (cannot add our tones)
4) My sms are displayed with names (it was like that since i got the phone, i dunno why other get problems abt sms being displayed with numbers)
5) The phone doesn't lag, but if you play MP3 and try to take a picture, it will lag a bit.
but man no ones take pic while playing mp3s.
Overall i don't find the phone to be laging (man its a phone not a quad-core cpu).
6)Java games can be installed easily.
i) need the JAR and jad files, to create the jad there is a free app on the net called jadmaker (google => jadmaker)
ii) just copy both files on the phone memory (not in memory card) in the directory 'other files'.
iii) launch the jad file, it should be installed
7) I find its better to set the usb settings of the phone to 'ask on connection' as it enables to choose between the different options on connection.
8) For creating playlist use windows media player while seting the usb setting of the phone to 'media player'. => it will synchronise with the mediaplayer
9) I don't have the 'my theme' option but from the different forums i read it seems that some g600 have it. (country dependant)
Hope i answered a lot of questions
=> for me i find that one of the best 5MP phone on the market though there are others with much more features packed in (features that i don't find useful).
But for the price/value/design its the best.
its the slimest/smallest 5MP phone out there.
g600 maximum memory capability is 2gb micro sd card. no chance of the micro sdhc 4gb and above. fone cant handle it. it aint smartphone init.
actualy 10mp phone and 7.7mp phone was released back then i think around 2006 and 05 but i dnt knw what happen they did not release for the world market and in korea only, and in 2007 n95 was released and claiming that they are the one's who got it first until now.
bout g600 very good phone theme and evrything can be edit with clear video's and photos coz of its 16m color screen.
9/10 rating ^.^
thnx lot "nivor"for d help...was worried whether it can view office..coz i reali need those...but wat abt d msg alert tone...can it change 2 mp3??thnx 4 d help...i sure wanna buy this ...thnx nivor
Does any UK users of the G600 know what the maximum micro sd card you can use in this phone, i've heard 2gb but im not sure can someone help please.Thankyou
the sms tone can be changed but you only have 4 choices. you cannot set ur own tone for it. my sms's are displayed with no. instead of name but dont know about others. (IF NOT, PLEASE REPLY!).
How my G600 dont have theme creator? and soft menu shortcut?? is my G600 different version? or i need to upgradde my firmware?.Guys i appreciate if you can tell me what's wrong with my phone. Thanks
can someone PLEASE help me! in my inbox, ALL the messages are shown with the NUMBER instead of the sender. someone get back to me asap.. please help !!
i am thinking of buying g600.. can anyone tell mi if:
1) can the sms tone be changed?
2) does it lag?
3) i have been reading comments that sms received are in no. instead of name.. is that true?
how do i install games on my g600 without using wap!
thanking in anticipation
how do i change the message tone on my g600 i cant find how to do it.. i think the phone is brill got it just 2day
can someone tell me how to put a keypad lock on my g600 please???
thanks in advance
great phone id still say best on the market, just borught a new one the black is much nicer ;). the camera is great with many options and the menu is very easy to use. Also read the other day that sumsung brought out a 10mp camera phone so more of the same please ;D