i broke my galaxy a53 so i got this as a temporary phone and it is surprisingly very decent for only being 50 bucks unlocked i only hate the slow charging and microusb
using this little guy for almost 2 years as my main phone. I'll cover some basic cons & pros about the phone (2GB version)
- small, compact, fits in almost every pocket
- has a 3.5mm jack
- decent audio quality
- good microphone
- decent camera resolution
- you can download custom launchers (I must say that I'm impressed). I use nova7 which is far more beautiful than oneui in my opinion. it is also a bit faster
- good mp3 player
- dual sim support
- sd card support
- good screen resolution considering the price and the size of the phone
- has only 2 camera options; photo & video which is horrible in my opinion (no panorama etc.)
- long charging time (dude the charger is 0.7A I mean just why). takes about 3 hours to 100%
- I can't really say it has a bad battery, but it drains about the same (maybe lasts a bit longer) as charging time
- dim screen, can barely see outside, especially as a dark mode user. increasing the brightness to the max would maybe help but it would drain the battery quickly
- don't expect to run any newer games smoothly; this guy has very bad graphics
- old android charger = it ain't USB C
- doesn't have some basic permissions like drawing over other apps or do not disturb permission
- too costly for such a phone
- only has a few sensors; no compass
- not upgradable to newer android versions (STUCK ON 10 "GO" which literally means lite)
- a few basic apps are "lite". samsung internet lite and gallery lite which are very limited in features (just why, samsung)
- limited in customization options; no custom themes etc.
here are some tips on how to make your experience with this phone better:
- use Via browser; extremely light and customizable. good for slow phones like this one
- download F-droid; a free alternative appstore that features a ton of free apps that work perfecly on the device
- use nova laucher as your home/launcher app; faster and FAR more customizable
overall, a pretty decent phone. I'll give it a 4/10 for my standards. most people will find this phone awful and somewhat overpriced (and I agree with them), but at least it's something. if you're looking for a phone that you'll use for casual browsing, for taking a photo or two and other casual tasks, this phone might be a decent option since it fits most peoples budget.
this is the end of my opinion on this phone. correct me if something is not ok or different.
still not worth those €100 I paid in 2021.
Sin, 22 Aug 2022The Samsung a01 core
It's really bad value for money but most people don't realise ... moreif you dont want a notched phone, just find yourself ones full screen notchless. but it might sound too expensive for you but here is the example:
oppo f11 pro
or, you can just enjoy with old, decent 16:9 display phones. that doesnt even spoil user experience. heck, you can find a severely used galaxy s7. which its got QHD amoled, but cheaper. only downsides is you no longer get updates to that.
buying brand new entry level devices isnt worth it.
Now, two of my family members are using the A01 Core 2Gb RAM version and even after more than a year of daily usage, they give not a single problem! The only issue seems to be long charging time. Maybe some who complain about this phone here bought ones with parts changed for faulty ones by vendors?
Sin, 15 Jul 2022Looking at the specs of this budget phone 2014 wants it's phone back 2014's samsung s4 had better specs
Sonic8, 16 Aug 2022Yes, this phone has many weaknesses.. Slow chipset, limited amount of RAM, limited OS (Go Edit... morePossibly it be ok for 55$ 2gb ram version of Samsung a01 core
The 2gb ram version ok value for money
Note my phone Nokia 3.1 (62$) has twice the performance better mediatek processor similar price
It's difficult too say at what point it's ok for the price
Samsung a01 core 1gb ram omg just 1gb ram
Possibly it's ok for 35$-45$ I can't see anything in this price range beating it but mathematics suggest it's still overpriced
Value for money is basically mathematics how much money for how much performance
Sonic8, 16 Aug 2022Yes, this phone has many weaknesses.. Slow chipset, limited amount of RAM, limited OS (Go Edit... moreThe Samsung a01 core
It's really bad value for money but most people don't realise at this price range what level of performance they should expect
Half a year ago I got a Nokia 3.1 for 50 pound that is 62$
The Nokia 3.1 has a mediatek 6750 2gb ram & 16gb storage with AndroidOne
Basically avoid 1gb ram phones there not worth it and 2gb Ram phones are just as cheap or nearly as cheap and so much better
Mine is ok for it's price tag it's my actual phone
but there where better value for money opinions at the time
In terms of value for money the Samsung a03 core around the same price as the a01 core but the screen unfortunately has a notch
Value for money the Samsung a03 core is where the deal is right now so if you're looking at the a01 core u should get the a03 core unless you're like me and hate the notch
Sin, 10 Aug 2022Should of just sold it off dirt cheap in good condition instead
Someone would have wanted i... moreYes, this phone has many weaknesses.. Slow chipset, limited amount of RAM, limited OS (Go Edition of Android 10 OS), limited set of sensors and few more limitations.
But it was a perfect backup phone with its compact body, dual SIM + micro SD card slot and 4G connectivity.
It also perfect for casual media player because it has very very good audio quality (via earphone & bluetooth devices), built-in FM radio, compact but sharp screen (311 ppi) & expandable memory (256 GB on mine).
Not bad for a phone with price tag just around $80 in 2020. :D
Anonymous, 28 Jul 2022Bought this for 120 euros, not my favourite phone, pretty slow and I don't even use it fo... moreShould of just sold it off dirt cheap in good condition instead
Someone would have wanted it for the right price
Bought this for 120 euros, not my favourite phone, pretty slow and I don't even use it for much, no games, just spotify, navigation, whatsapp. I don't know if it's the 1GB or 2GB version, there's no way to check anymore because the settings menu won't open, which also means I cannot use bluetooth any more (among other things). I've thrown it around out of pure frustration, held up pretty good I have to say. The screen only broke after my 3rd or 4th throw. I use it as a backup phone now. I can only recommend this phone for utter minimal use. If you want a cheap phone with a reasonable camera and barely even use it daily then I could recommend it, but for navigation and spotify for example it's already less than ideal.
Someone wasted hours or maybe even minutes planning, designing, marketing, and producing this phone. Can't believe it.
Dude, 24 Oct 2020I hate this phone i cant run genshin impact on itWhat's your problem dude? It just has 1 GB ram and a really low end processor.
I have it.its superb!!
r00ter, 15 Sep 2021yes just for that, couple of apps, the 32gb and 2gb ram version is better performanceStay clear of 1gb version
Performance is poor apps get killed off and close from ram usage being at max all the time
The 2gb version should give you a reasonable user experience
Looking at the specs of this budget phone
2014 wants it's phone back
Joe Boy, 04 May 2022For the settings keeps stopping,Uninstall the update of digital wellbeing app and it will be f... moreNow we can safely update Digital Wellbeing to the latest version, looks like Google already fixed the bugs. I've been using latest beta updates for several weeks without problem.
But if this annoying things appear again, just uninstall the updates until everything fine. :D