When the software update will get in SamsungA50 for April security patch
For those user who cannot find ASPHALT 9 on Play Store. They can download it via Galaxy Store aka Galaxy App.ls
One Hand Operation+, Good Lock are some of official customisation app available on Galaxy Apps.
One Hand Operation+ is very USEFUL feature.
DavidRegalJnr, 11 Apr 2019Pls can this record 4K video?No it cannot record 4K video via native camera app.
But it may record via GCam.
Galaxy Ayman, 10 Apr 2019It doesn't have proximity sensorIt has PROXIMITY SENSOR embedded behind the screen on left corner. Check the USER MANUAL of Galaxy A50.
fantech, 10 Apr 2019Where can you find the 6GB RAM model?You can get that in some part of Southeast Asia it depends on your region. Because mine got only 4GB RAM/ 128GB ROM here in the Middle East Country. but the performance is smooth also and fast in gaming experience like PUBG it's good enough in HDR and High Graphic Settings Mood.
PartTimePhoner, 10 Apr 2019Those who consider buying this phone,since GSMARENA isnt giving us a review, I, as a a50 user,... moreAgree with your comment and review to this phone Same Encounter for the In fingerprint scanner. And Game performance like PUBG you can switch to HDR and ultra mode settings. And for the Build Quality is Good also and it's good in the hand. Slim design.
Anonymous, 10 Apr 2019aim for an s10e or a galaxy s9 insteadHe said he couldnt go for those
Those who consider buying this phone,since GSMARENA isnt giving us a review, I, as a a50 user, will give you a small long-term review and answer all your questions. Here we begin, with the beloved a50:
• UDFPS aint that bad if you are not especially tryna badmouth Samsung. You ain't a rocket scientist or a CIA agent you don't need an FPS that opens the phone even before you touch it. It's not slow but it's not fast. Just the middle. Takes 0.83 second to unlock. Better use with thumbs though, they are more capable of doing that rather than your other fingers because they always cover the entire FS just the way phone wants you. There are only 3 slots for saving. Go for both thumbs and whichever finger you would use to wake the phone when it's on the table. At first you may face failure sometimes but you eventually find the right place to put your finger
• Day to day tasks are nothing for the phone it takes them on easily. Gaming is smooth and good as long as you don't want a 2K built PC performance. For example, it can run PUBG smoothly at HD, very high frame rate and enabled anti-aliasing settings. Plus the screen is quite big you can see what happens around. Playing with it is quite fun. After 1 or 2 rounds into PUBG (translates to 1 hour of heavy gaming) it gets warm. I mean, a bit much but not to the point of hot. Cools down quickly if you leave it be.
• The camera is great, depending on the user it can be trash as well because there is no OIS. Color accuracy depends on the light condition. Background blurring is quite good and the wide-angle camera is (just as the name says) quite wide. Takes picture way too good when there is enough light. When there is a moderate amount of light camera is still good. Night pictures are just... A no-no for this device. Selfie camera makes a quite good job as well but you still need good light.
• The phone was open for 14 hours and has been actively used for 5 hours (Web surfing, watching videos and listening to music) with mobile data. %51 battery left. Enough for those who don't heavily play, it will get you through two days, if used for 5 hours actively. (There is this thing called "digital health" in the settings. It shows what you have done throughout the day and can put usage limits to apps, meaning you can't enter the app for the day after meeting the limit.) Charger they give you is your typical 15W Adaptive (not-much-but-enough) Fast Charger. It charges the phone around %1 a minute (almost). Oddly enough, listening to music for 1 hour straight takes %1 battery only (wifi and mobile data disabled).
• Speaker is a bottom-firing one. When maxed, the sound it gives is quite high, but not completely clear. Feels like there is no bass. Dolby Atmos is quite useful and makes your music listening better but available only via headphones
• Build quality is good you could say. It's quite pleasant to hold it in your hand and doesn't feel heavy. It's just a bit slippery. Also back scratches easily so better use with a case.
Maria, 29 Mar 2019That's great. Make sure that all conditions (i.e. light, object, etc) are the same and of cour... moreSorry for taking too long. Well, here are the results:
Light Amount: Quite much
A50 takes sharper images with better colors. A8 is not that bad though.
Light Amount: Moderate
A50 is still better but they are now closer. A8 solor accuracy is still a bit lower than a50 but not a big gap they are way too close.
Light Amount: Low (At Night)
Now thats what we call indentical. They almost the same its only left to zooming to create a difference. But quite close