July 1st software update arrived.. Today August 3rd On my galaxy A70. In UAE. Camera has been improved, night Mode available now.. And others features improved. The fingerprints is faster now. Enjoying my Galaxy A70.
July update has arrived. On my galaxy A70. Camera has been improved, there is night mode and others features improved. The fingerprints is faster now
Is there any Image Stability for Video ?? EIS or OIS ??? In other reviews it said there is NONE .... mean No Kind of Stability for Videos ..... Sad Right ???
Performance wise is good. Camera is good for the price point.
My only concern is the graphic performance is quite disappointing. I played Dragon Ball Legends & i experienced massive frame drops, was not supposed to happened in 8gb ram of products probably its because of the gpu.
Winson, 28 Jul 2019I already got it n as soon as I regret buying it. The camera is not good as they said, It blur... moreWell maybe it wasn't to your taste, am ok with though I use the google camera to take pictures, so far am satisfied I won't switch to buy something that doesn't worth it
Asim Siddiq, 02 Aug 2019I am planning to buy this phone but my only concern is the glossy back. Does it catch scratche... morePlease don't buy this mobile it is totally waste of money beacause it has so much issues especially network and connectivity issues.
Asim Siddiq, 02 Aug 2019I am planning to buy this phone but my only concern is the glossy back. Does it catch scratche... moreWith a nice case it wouldn't scratch been using mine for months since it came out with case on it,yet no single scratch
I am planning to buy this phone but my only concern is the glossy back. Does it catch scratches and scuffs easily even if I cover it with a back protector and a nice case?
Winson, 28 Jul 2019I already got it n as soon as I regret buying it. The camera is not good as they said, It blur... moreIt's better to use your pointing finger than your thumb. In my case, if I use my pointing finger, it's much easier to unlock it without any problems. Yes, fingerprint unlock is a bit slow though. Sometimes I need to try 2 times depending on the angle of my finger.
Is anybody using this phone in the US with AT&T or Cricket Wireless? How are is your LTE reception?
Pepsikennedy, 31 Jul 2019Source?. My A70 hasn't.Reset the camera settings.
Moroes, 31 Jul 2019A70 is an absolute incredible phone, but there are 2 main things that drive me crazy. 1) once ... moreAbsolutely correct. Bought mine and it's already on May update. Hopefully the July update will correct the bugs on the cameras
I got this phone a couple of months ago, just before my trip to Alps as my Note 4 battery finally gave up and I needed a phone with large battery (I would be hiking without ability to charge often) and large screen (more convenient use of digital maps). I had little time and did not want to rush buy a new flagman device, so I decided to look for a budget options and look to upgrade later. I chose a70 because I got a real good deal and it had the screen and battery parameters I was looking for. Now after my trip I can provide the feedback and compare it to my old Note 4.
1. display is beautiful, though lower resolution then Note 4, but I guess newer generation AMOLEDs just look better. Adaptive brightness works much better then in old Samsungs. Notch in middle position did not bother me, at least less than I might have thought.
2. battery is large and I could tell it even though larger display probably drains it faster, I could have three days of moderate usage without charging. Charging is faster then QC2.0, not as fast as some chinese phones nowadays but still very fast for a Samsung
3. though a lot of reviews mention slow processor, phone seemed to be very snappy for regular usage. mind i dont play any games.
1. No wireless charging. I had wireless charging back cover for Note4, but I use it only sometimes at work and so far I did not really miss this function, but it is not there.
2. No stylus. I love Note stylus for taking notes because of how fast I can do this (and I take a LOT of notes) and also because form does not have to be a text (I can scribble some diagrams, drawings etc.), but regular text notes were ok in 9/10 cases and as they are already digitalized, they have their own advantages. I even consider my next real phone upgrade to be non Note series, however I still love stylus and it will depend on how good is Note10.
3. No waterproofness. Used it during the rain, still works, but dropping it into mountain stream would probably be the end of this phone. DO not drop it in the water.
4. Camera. I was hugely dissapointed initially, because compared to Note4, colors lacked vibrance, photos seemed to be not as detailed/sharp, lowlight areas were all muddy, etc. Well I was taking a real camera for my trip and did not consider to use phone camera much, so I decided not to be bothered by it as I really only needed large battery and large screen. However I can say that eventually I took quite a lot photos and they are not as bad as my initial impression, but you do need a well lighted scene and then the details are there, colors are actually more accurate then Note4, shadows are not muddy at all. On the other hand lowlight photos are still better on my five year old Note4. I think Samsung could have squeezed just a bit better camera in this phone, but they likely did not do this deliberately. You may check some samples on the instagram, all photos (but the first two) were taken with a70:
5. fingerprint reader. this is more of a personal issue, my main right hand thumb skin does not have a very regular pattern, especially when fingers are wet, so fingerprint reader sometiems would take a couple of tries to work. No problem with my left hand thumb, but I tend to hold phone in right hand so this was an issue for me. I would not even mention this, but I had no problem with old style fingeprint readers (like Samsung galaxy s8 uses), so there's that.
In conclusion I was happy with my choice, I will still upgrade it to a newer highend smartphone but for the price I got it (~300 eur) , it is a very beautiful phone with a very nice screen for a price
MladenJ, 01 Aug 2019Please give a concrete and honest answer only to those users who bought and use the A70. So my... moreI bought this phone mostly for watching videos. The added lenght compared to A50, makes a difference. With the A50, video is cropped with round corners, while A70 I can have black bars on side instead (16/9 video I think). The A70 does not have EIS, which make it less good than A50 for recording videos. Sound quality is ok, when listenning with headphones, unless you are a nitpickky audiophile looking for the best. Sound from speakers is clearely not as good as the s10, but if you care about sound quality, don't use speaker anyways.
Please give a concrete and honest answer only to those users who bought and use the A70. So my cell phone will be used mainly for watching You tube, Iptv, mp4, MP3, video recording, I don't care about the photos. , Iptv and whether it gets very hot while doing so.