Like all I too have an attraction towards technology. Nothing has integrated more services and tech than the cell phone industry. Having used many over the years, I am writing a review for the A7 (2017) post 2.5 years of usage, and continuing.
1. I have never used a phone this balanced and optimally valued.
2.The features have done me good 2+ years now, and I hope to pull of a few more months with it.
3. There has been no software or hardware hiccup.
4. The camera has been astounding all through. Yes night shots are not that great, but for true night/photography there is something called a DSLR.
5. The battery backup and quick charge have been a true blessing. I've not only progressed, but have saved precious time in life. Priceless!
6. The water proof and dust proof rating has been thoroughly tested by me, since I work on an island as a scuba diving instructor. So be assured, A7 (2017) has proven its salt, around salt.
7. This could be an exceptional experience, but having analysed all that's in the market vs this 2 year old purchase. I feel extremely good about my decision to go with Samsung.
8. I was hoping the water proof and dust proof rating would continue in this segment. But alas, Samsung has taken it to higher end phones. Anyhow, its been fantastic, look forward to the next in 2020.
no news android 9 for a5 a7 2017 international version (a520f, a720f) , now korean version a720s beta released
Looks like samsung is finally providing 3 major OS update for its smartphones. I hope android pie hits the s7 and s7 edge as well.
android 9 release beta for Korean region
Anonymous, 08 Jul 2019Is will possible to android 9 update for a7 17?https://www.sammobile.com/2019/06/10/galaxy-a7-2017-android-pie-update/
Anonymous, 08 Jul 2019Is will possible to android 9 update for a7 17?Even I am waiting for the update
I own this phone for nearly a year, which is better time to have deep review.
It's a mid range phone, slow preforming, weak CPU made by Samsung and influencing GPU too, if you keep opened application while the screen is locked it will take several tries to unlock the phone due to the load on the CPU.
If you get multiple messages at the same time from several applications such gmail, telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter the UI will crash too and won't be able to unlock the phone screen.
Resource management isn't good the UI Interface crashes repeatedly eventhough all the versions are up to date.
Bottom line not recommended only for teenagers very light users.
My previous phone was Asus Zenfone 2 ML501 Intel Atom.
Atupid420, 01 Jun 2019I am now encountering an issue everytime I charge the phone because it will show a notificatio... moreIt could be dust inside charging slot. the phone is dust proof so dust accumulate in charging slot. please clean it with thin pin and i am sure fast charging will start again. cheers!
Millan, 21 Jun 2019Very nice phone. But will it get android 9?https://www.sammobile.com/2019/06/10/galaxy-a7-2017-android-pie-update/
It's getting Android Pie, guys.
I am now encountering an issue everytime I charge the phone because it will show a notification from "Fast Charging > Charging". The charging method keeps on switch from fast charging and charging mode whenever I charge my phone and it doesn't matter if the phone is On or Off. I already tried using Fast Charge cords and its doing the same thing. It will take a couple of hours now to fully charge my device. I'm not quite sure if its the port itself of the device that is causing the issue.
Zuhair, 30 Apr 2019My A7 (2017) started to annoy me by successive warnings from moisture which is NOT true as it ... moreBeen encountering the same issue, and in some instances I need to turn the device Off in order for me to charge the phone. The worst thing is that last time when I turned it off the phone wont turn back On, it took me a couple of hours before I successfully turn it On, there are times as well that the phone wont accept charge and in some cases it would not read the Fast Charging mode; I'm not quite sure if there's something wrong on the charger Port itself internally.
Atupid420, 11 Apr 2019My phone still shows "Moisture has been detected". It was last month when I use it underwater ... more Insert the charger type C cable.
Then restart the phone while it is still charging.
I succeeded with this stupid trick.
To m ur A7 2017 free from constant moisture detecting on USB port..... Just akeswitch off ur phone ...den before it about shutting down.....plug in ur charger at once.. it will reboot back. And when ur phone is on it start charging.. leave it there for some 5 to 10 minute to charge up. den u are good to go!! IT work for me!!!!