jeff, 29 Jan 2018battery 3500 mah? too small.. must at least be 4000 ... Don't compare you low end 28nm chips phone with this frugal 14nm chips phone, 3500mha is more than enough for 1 full day battery power, in fact this phone can last nearly 40 hours with moderate usage.
Pixel 2 user, 28 Jan 2018No you are wrong - A8+ is just a low end device with overpriced tag
1. infinity display - it... moreYou're seriously misinformed here.
1. The bezels are slim enough. I'm glad it has more bezels than the S8, since that means its easier to hold and less accidental touches.
2. No. The camera isn't the same as the ones used in the cheaper J series phones. The A8 uses a 1/2.8" sensor with 1.12 um pixel size. That's the same one which the OnePlus 5T uses. My guess is that the A8 uses the exact same sensor. And the sample shots from the A8 show that the camera is almost as capable as the S8 in daylight, although it severely lacks in lowlight. But then, still better than anything the J series can do. And oh, A8 has EIS.
3. Entry level SoC? Lol, you serious? Entry level SoCs like the Snapdragon 430 use A53 cores, which are extremely slow. The Exynos 7885 uses two A73 cores. And those two cores vastly improves the performance of the phone in day to day applications (source: GSMA's A8 review). Exynos 7580 which its 8 crappy A53 cores doesn't even hold a candle near the 7885, telling the 7580 is faster is absurd. And the single core performance of the 7885 is on par with the SD820. In phones, what matters is the single core performance.
4. Please elaborate, what do you mean by generic sound output?
when samsung galaxy A8+ will available in china.. (Shinghai ) . please any information
Anonymous, 25 Jan 2018Not really. A8 uses Cortex A72 cores and the same Mali G71 GPU used in the S8 (although with l... moreNo you are wrong - A8+ is just a low end device with overpriced tag
1. infinity display - its not big thing but just a trimmed bezels and most of modern smart phone already have 72%+ screen aspect ratio which weren't marketed as INFINITY. Even a honor 9 lite cost just 10999 INR have that display. worst thing here is just 1080P for 6 inch display and that make it not eligible for high-end device. its not same infinity used on S8 . A8+ has 75% screen-body ratio while true infinity display on S8 has 84% screen-body ratio.
2. Camera is 16mp but just as basic as use in J series phones without any stabilization or any large sensor size , no 4K record
3. SOC is just entry level - its foolish to say same GPU used in S8 - A8+ have just 1 core while S8 had 20 cores . octa core CPU but for everyday task it will perform inferior to exynos 7580 used in J7 first generation due to architecture of cores used. A72 cores are reserved only for GPU oriented task but when GPU itself weak , A72 can't help much. at end , it will perform similar to A7 2017
4. Generic sound output - not high end
Every thing is GIMMICK here , not worth price , i won't say Chinese phones like One-plus is any better because i won't support third-class china phones.
Samsung , Iphone , HTC , LG Flagships have class to be proud of where ONEPLUS XIAOMI only meant to be CHEAP
smartphone user, 28 Jan 2018samsung should put 20 mp for it main and primary camera for this kind of prices..16 mp it not ... moreSCAMsung is copying apple, overpricing their junk low end phones but with shitty specs.
samsung should put 20 mp for it main and primary camera for this kind of prices..16 mp it not worthy and satisfied enough..just a lame and old trick...better go for huawei mate 10..
Anonymous, 27 Jan 2018every thing is ok but price is too highyes price is tooo much high
malaysian, 25 Jan 2018hai this phone a8/a8+ will be available on celcom plan? and already had in malaysia? better fo... moreChinaphones called Huawei Mate 10 is fantastic, and equipped with 1 of the best tech inside within the camera, performance, build quality and speaker.. Even non Chinese company like Samsung, LG or Apple will damage too if we not care properly.. Penang maii"
Mate 10 is much better than this. Oreo out of the box and 4000mah much cost less than A8+
I have my mate 10 and its very good. Dont under estimate huawei by its name. Quality and support is well
i would definitely buy this phone at this price range if it supports 4k video recording, ois and a better chipset for performance.
Ravi Nishan, 24 Jan 2018Led notification or not?with led! (no autofocus though)
Ravi Nishan, 24 Jan 2018Led notification or not?Yes, LED notification.
I love this