It is so hard to find a screen protector that cover the whole screen for A9 Pro. I'm from Malaysia. Any recommendation?
Since the A9 Pro doesn't have gyroscope, how fast the GPS locked? especially compared to GS5.
Knot_Schure, 25 Aug 2016A9 Pro is S-pen compatible - check sammy's website. Also, I just returned to the store toda... morethe S-Pen is not compatible with the A9 Pro. It is only for the Note Line. I just checked the S-Pen for the A9 Pro and it doesnt work.
CabinJandro, 26 Aug 2016Is it OTG supported? Thank you.OTG is supported excellently..
Anonymous, 20 Aug 2016why do you need gyro? 360 function like 360 video and 360 photo need it to working properly.... and some games also need it....
AnonD-546809, 25 Aug 2016I have been using the Galaxy A9 Pro for 1 month now and here are my thoughts to share with eve... moreA9 Pro is S-pen compatible - check sammy's website.
Also, I just returned to the store today to find a thin case also!
I spent the last 2 hrs testing wifi performance. I was miffed that my GS5 reported the networks with higher dBm levels than my A9 Pro (about 2 to 7 dB better!), but the 5G band reported the A9 Pro as being ~2dB better than the GS5.
So I joined multiple APs ( I have four in my place ), and each and every time the A9 Pro beat out the GS5. Indeed for the furtherest 5G AP radio, the GS5 wouldn't complete a single Speed Test at all, I even had to hold it in the air to 'obtain an IP'. So I went on testing, and even in the 2.4G band - the A9 Pro was the winner each and every time. The most striking result was that the upload was 30 to 50% better on the A9 Pro than the GS5, as they fought for bandwidth in simultaneous testing.
AnonD-574090, 24 Aug 2016Thank you for the explanation. By the way, how's the camera performance?Camera performance is excellent during bright day. Focusing and capturing are fast. During low light, you need some skills to capture because photo quality tend to become noisy. Macro shot also just average. Video recording also excellent and smooth. For me, camera quality for A9 Pro is ample for everyday use but don't expect more because Samsung can't give same quality camera as Note 5 and S6/S6 Edge.. =)
AnonD-540461, 25 Aug 2016Thanks for your valuable information Any heating issue?
AnonD-540461, 25 Aug 2016Thanks for your valuable information Great information
Knot_Schure, 24 Aug 2016Hello all, I bought mine yesterday - cost in Thailand 15,900 THB. This is a media-consumers dr... moreGet Ringke Fusion for Galaxy A9, it will fit. That's what I'm using.
I'm having real problems finding a tempered glass screen protector that will stick properly. I tried around 5 different so far. No go...
I have been using the Galaxy A9 Pro for 1 month now and here are my thoughts to share with everyone. I sold my S7 edge to get the A9 Pro.
a. The phone is huge. Most of the time it requires 2 hand.
b. Obtaining a case was very difficult. Luckily I found 2 cases from Amazon and they were ok. Honestly, you would need to obtain a slim case instead of the normal TPU ones which would additional bulk to the Bulky phone.
c. The display is ok for me. May be in the sun light itÂ’s not that great but thatÂ’s fine.
d. There are 2 nano sim cards PLUS micro SD. Samsung is the best in terms of SD Card (I have used Sony, LG, HTC and all of them are not good compares to Samsung in terms of SD Card management and built in File Manager by Samsung)
e. The supplied micro USB to USB OTG is excellent and better than all the connectors I have ever used. The file manager would detect USB cards immediately especially if you are suing the Samsung OTG adapter.
a. Call quality is outstanding. The loudspeaker in the calls is very good as well as the speaker in the music or movies.
b. The call reception is better than in my S7 edge. I have compared this when I sometimes go losing the signal in certain spots
c. Battery would last with me more than 1 day. If I keep the ultra-saving mode for most of the time and very minor use, it would last me full 2 days. In the normal days, at night (at around 11 pm) the battery would be around 25% and I start my day around 6 am. IÂ’m not a gamer at all. So I would say the A9 Pro would last a day or more for most of the users. DonÂ’t expect Note 7 or S7 edge to be near this.
3- Multimedia & Camera:
a. FM radio is a good welcome. Most people would not worry about radio but I might need it sometimes and having recording option is a good gesture. The FM reception signal is not that great.
b. The video recording is good I would say. The photo quality is bad compared to the S7 edge so donÂ’t make up high expectations.
a. Overall the OS smooth with having 4 GB RAM and the fine tuning of the
b. Samsung has made the OS perfect since S7 edge and more fluid and lag-free.
c. There is a budding warning whenever you deactivate the Sync or the Battery Saving button which is stupid in my opinion. Samsung should remove this stupid warning.
Overall I like the Phone. IÂ’m tempted to get the Note 7 because of the S Pen but IÂ’m afraid the call quality, Speaker and battery are not that good compared to my A9 Pro. May be if some one who used both phones can answer this question :)
Hope these notes help people.
AnonD-573431, 19 Aug 2016No LED notification for A9 pro. Hope this clear for everyone in the entire universe...Thank you for the explanation. By the way, how's the camera performance?
AnonD-176799, 24 Aug 2016great phone.. for the first time.. i dont have to bring my powerbank anymore.. it lasts all da... morei got it only 20275.81 philippine pesos aka RM1759.
what cpu inside your a9 pro jeff?
Hello all, I bought mine yesterday - cost in Thailand 15,900 THB. This is a media-consumers dream - video is wonderful on this. Buyer beware, there are two very different but similar-in-appearence-models, An 'A9', and the 'A9 Pro' (that I just bought). Be sure you are buying what you intended.
1. Screen is lovely. More accurate than my GS5, closer to my HTC One M7 that I so loved.
2. Battery life is the best I've yet seen. (5000mAh internal, but non-removable as far as I can tell, so see point #6).
3. Performance? *Some* Antutu 6 numbers (rounded up & down) for you;
S7 Edge 3rd place 135000 (actually nothing much seperates the top 6 phones)
Note 5 11th place 84000
iPhone 6 12th place 80000
S6 15th place 77000
A9 Pro 19th place 73000
iPhone 5S 23rd place 64000
My GS5 ? place 38000
GF's 2015 A7 ? place 25000
4. The dual sim feature is my reason for changing. As a frequent traveller, I had to carry a second battery for my GS5, and I hate swapping in & out sims as I land in each country. Sim access is a dual tray on the side, so changing one sim will take down both radios - not an issue, just a point to remember.
5. There are THREE slots, 2x nano sim, 1 x microSD, so you don't need to choose between 2nd sim and microSD card (as does my gf in here 2015 A7). I now have 32GB internal + 64 GB microSD. Note the 2nd sim is 3G+, and not 4G/LTE also, like the 1st sim slot. But I'm fine with that.
6. Charging time is impressive.
7. Sound is better than GS5 also, but not on par with my HTC M7.
8. Wifi 802.11ac is impressive, as it was on the GS5.
9. Has an FM radio!
10. Build quality is top notch. Its a shame we put these things in a case.
11. Price! New top-tier phones have finally hit a price that *I'm no longer willing to pay*, and trust me, we are not poor. This is half the cost (and less if you consider European prices), but definately not half the phone. I have a feeling that I will make more frequent handset upgrades at this price level, than the 28,000+ THB they want for the S7 Edge.
1. Out of the box, the icons look childishly huge. Like a short sighted person was about to use the thing. *Actually, if you are sight-impaired, I can't imagine a better handset for you.* This will definately goto my Dad when I'm done with it. My simple solution: goto the Play Store, install 'Nova Launcher', and icon size is instantly restored.
2. It is BIG. But then you new that already, didn't you? So if you are a 14 year old 'waif', I'd say there are better phones for YOU. But if you are a big ex-boxer like myself, you won't mind the size. Oh, and with a phone this size, we should expect HTC Boom speakers or something, downward firing speaker is OK, but come on...
3. Choice of cases, or lack thereof. The Samsung store, and others, have only simple cases in stock. I was hoping to purchase an S-View Wireless Charge case, (as I have for my GS5). No such luck. My free case is hidious. Will this improve? I've no idea.
4. Availability, or lack thereof. I had to go to about TWENTY places to find one in stock (I'm not kidding). When I actually found one, they apologized with 'sorry we only have white model left', which is fine, as that is exactly what I was after! Even then, they had to dispatch an employee to one of their other stores to fetch it.
5. For the techies like me, no aftermarket ROMs are available for download yet, as far as I can tell. I run Cyangenmod on my GS5 for privacy reasons, and I shiver over the fact that I am unable to close Samsung & Google stuff on this device. New, fake, non-sycnhed Google account opened.