The A9 Pro is mostly for business/working people, but a great phone for everyday use... It will work for you if you have the following 9 PROfessional needs:
1. You need dual sim functionality in a cheap Samsung smartphone (widely popular feature in Asia, Africa).
2. You need all-day battery life (WARNING: 5000mAh will not last you long if you constantly use performance mode, or play heavy games, or use full brightness all the time...but if you use it like a normal phone with 3000mAh battery on normal power saving etc, it will last for 2 days minimum).
3. You need a good performing device (NOT FOR ultimate performance). Examples:
- - I can open 700mb PDFs and scroll smoothly (depending on the app)
- - I can open bulky apps like financial, eReader, social media, medical apps without slowing down the phone
- - I play some light/medium games (tower defence, moderate racing graphics etc.)
- - I am also able to open multiple apps for multitasking (4gb ram is great!)
4. You need a big phone for multi-window mode, or just for the sake of great experience (NOT GOOD FOR ONE-HANDED USE, also, if you have small hands, this device will annoy you).
5. You need sAMOLED screen together with the big battery, and also from a reliable company (no other phone has this combo. With Samsung, you will get updates, sAMOLED, and trusted quality). It is enough to match Retina Display sharpness, but NOT enough for VR use.
6. The camera is NOT THE BEST. But it is good enough for taking pics of documents (if you turn them to pdf), pics in daylight, and just casual photography. If you want Galaxy S quality of pictures, then you are out of luck. This is a budget smartphone... Samsung will not compete with itself by making all the features good in this phone, otherwise people would not buy the $600-800 Galaxy devices! Lol.
7. Heating issue is just the same like with Galaxy S7 Edge due to the glass panel on the back. The metal sides get very hot in extreme useage cases and it is worse in summer. Sometimes the apps make it run very warm and the battery drains very fast. Just restart the device and/or kill the apps and it will be fixed. Fast charge WILL HEAT the device. It is the same on all Galaxy devices that support the feature.
8. EXTRA STORAGE! This is a blessing! Few phones in this category still support independent micro SD card slots. Great for storing hundreds of movies to watch on the big sAMOLED screen.
9. No curved screen. For me, this is a blessing because I have big hands. A big problem with the Galaxy S6 and S7 edge was the curved screen. There were so many unwanted touches from the sides. I can actually hold the A9 PROperly instead of just resting it flat on my palm to avoid touching the sides like in the Edge phones.
You will not find big performance here. No waterproofing, no fancy camera, no fancy assistant... Just a decent, reliable, beautiful mid-ranged device that can get you through a busy work day, and still have enough juice the next day if you forgot to charge the phone the night before (because you might have been too tired from a 20 hour shift in the hospital!).
Advice: If you buy this phone, get a RUGGED CASE because that glass is just too big and too fragile.
Dont buy samsung a9 pro to all viewers and public it is worst product and samsung customers service is very poor so better you go other model or brand
Naga, 04 Oct 2017Today only purchase Samsung a9 pro good are bad ...bad
i purchase Samsung A9 pro yesterday only, i love this phone but during update the software the mobile getting hot and after that 2 or 3 time i observe the same........ is any issue in this or this is normal? kindly relpy
Biggest problem with android phones i faced is battery back up.with this phone i am getting full one day or more battery backup.i can manage with this phone.
Hi . I have the phone a9100 withe marshmellw os since 2 month it is very nice no problames no hi heat battery very good fast i lovd it
Usman Chohan, 02 Oct 2017A7 2017 is betterIs the a7 2017 camera captiure blur photos
Please help.. Which one is better overall: Samsung A7 2017 or Samsung A9 pro??
Arpan, 30 Sep 2017Please advice: Should I go for Samsung A9 pro or Samsung A7 2017.. Thanks A7 2017 is better
Vicky 10, 28 Sep 2017Hi everyone , i need to buy a gud phone pls help me... suggest me which is better Samsung c9 p... moreSamsung A 9 pro
Don't buy you will be disappointed..
Like me .
I purchased this phone for 22900 .
Nothing is special
Heats very much ..
Camera very bad even can't compete with Xiaomi Redmi note 4..
Choice is yours
Arpan, 30 Sep 2017Please advice: Should I go for Samsung A9 pro or Samsung A7 2017.. Thanks If u are a photo lover than a9 pro is strictly not for u .
malhotrs, 29 Sep 2017After updating to Nougat 7.0 and a factory reset I am facing some lag issues even during video... moreYes.. I am facing these lag issues. Hve observed while playing videos and browsing using Chrome as well.
Please advice: Should I go for Samsung A9 pro or Samsung A7 2017.. Thanks
i have updated to android 7.0 ,but i am not facing any issue like that
We are at the end of 2017 and steel no A9/A9 pro 2017!!! Why Samsung why?