Ben, 06 Oct 2011Dear All, I am planning to buy Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 this month and i would like to know th... more@Ben..
1) I hv examined mny touch screens f my friends hvng nokia, samsung, lg, htc; bt believe me, th touch screen f Galaxy Ace wth Gorilla Glass Display s really good wth vry good touch response, nd u would jst luv using it..
2) Internet using GPRS varies wth provider.. I hv th Internet connection f my provider and it gives me good internet speed on my Ace (in 2G mode); and 3G s really fast.. And at my flat, i use the WiFi Internet 2 do do net n my Ace and it s really fast wth pages of GsmArena loading within seconds and giving clear page view.. and also i watch YouTube videos without any bufferring.. thtz real speed 2 me..
3) My Internet connection settings was activated automatically when my sim ws activated, nd if nt, jst send a msg 2 th provider, they wl send it immediately, sv it, nd th settings wil b set automatically..
4) My Ace battery lasts(5%) fr around 1.5 days wth around 4 hours f talking, 1 to 2 hrs f net, almst 100msgs per day, around 2 hours f music/radio, occassional bluetooth transfer..
But yes, i do close unused tasks occassionally fr better performance.. (ANDROID BOOSTER Apps from ANDROID MARKET-It s FREE)
5)Samsung has KIES fr it, like Nokia hs PC Suite..
6)If you too mch Apps, then Internal memory maybe a issue smtimes since all Apps r nt saved 2 SD Card by default.. Still i m searchng fr sm good application frm android mrkt tht cn mve th content f phone to sd card..
7) No Idea wth Gingerbread, since i m using Froyo and i m loving it :)
Nd yes, i m a proud user f Galaxy Ace fr th last 3 mnths.. :) :) :) It ROCKS...
Friends here is comparison b/w xperia mini pro vs ace
1.mini has 3' display but it is world's smallesh hd display .it provides crystal clear viewing experience. Whereas in ace it is of 3.5' and also 59mm wide but it has low ppi which results in appearing of pixel in the screen.
2.mini is empowered with 512 mb ram and 1ghz snapdragon processor which results in best gaming ,browsing experience but in ace there is 278 mb ram 800mhz processor which results in lagging and freezing of sometimes but not always.
3.mini comes with gb 2.3.3 and 10.3 flash support in the browser with which you can view vdeo and play flash games in browser online but ace comes with froyo and without flash support which is a major drawback.
4.mini comes with front vga camera and sony has assured that we can do video calling in future.
5.battery is really bad in both phones.
6.mini is little bid thick (16mm) but ace is very slim(11mm).
7.mini can play and record hd video but ace cant.
8.price of mini is rs14500 and that of ace is rs13700
9.ace comes wid thinkfree office of full vrson but mini wid trial.
I wish this could prove helpful to you .acc. To me go for mini as you can not pay 14k only for screen.
i just gought Samsung galaxy ace..but battery not long enough...can we replace with another battery that can make long life for the phone...please give me suggestion???
[deleted post]oh...i forget, you may not be a medical postgraduate then, if you dont know of such large pdf files. I have pdf ebooks as large as 500 mb. I may better buy a tablet bcoz i always need them on the go. Thanks a lot 4 replying.
Can i open .chm files on this phone, they are small, may be 50-100 MB!!!
m fne keeps restarting.dis started happening wen i removed d usb cable frm d computer.i hd been deleting m music files using kies.nw d fne is workin alryt widout d sim,bt weni put d sim in,it keeps restarting itself.i tried 2 check d memory card bt its workin fine.HELP!!!!!!!!
Dear All, I am planning to buy Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 this month and i would like to know the following :
1) I am user of keypad since i started using phones, and few time i have used IPhone, so touch screen is kinda new...will i be able to still navigate the the page like i navigate on the iphone? or is this phone not a good option? If not, what is the other Samsung phone which has good touch screen?
2) I heard that ACE has a slow internet while using pocket internet(compared to other phones pocket internet), i maybe wrong...still its a query...
3)Internet Settings : Is it complicated or do we need to contact the service provider and its not related to the device of ACE.
4) Battery backup : How is the battery backup compared to other android phones in the same price range.
5) PC Suite : When we buy,will this box of phone consist of PC Suite
6) Is internal memory a issue due to less capacity?
7) After upgrading to Gingerbread, will the handset gets hung in this device? and how is the resolution?
Thanks for reading my queries. Apologize if i asked some simple questions, i would like to hear ONLY from the ACE Users as that would be more appropriate and i can get a clear picture from the real users.
I updated my ace to gingerbread 2.3.4 and it is just working superfine...plus the camera is great and the best sized screen for a user.but the android eats away a lot of battery fuel but I would say that this phone is just awesome....truly awesome...
Hi, all i wan't to say is that this is not an iPhone 4 copy. Did any of you know that Samsung makes the iPhones and sends them to Apple so they can upload the s/w.
Good news to all Pinoy Samsung Galaxy Ace users! You may now update your phone to Gingerbread (Android 2.3) using Samsung Kies.
kirannn, 05 Oct 2011i want buy new phone... im totally confuse samsung galaxy ace is better or sony ericsson mini ... moreFor me, Galaxy Ace is better because it got big screen, easy to type message and playing games.
i want buy new phone... im totally confuse samsung galaxy ace is better or sony ericsson mini pro is better.....
can any help me please
super phone . if battery problem ,download dr.battery saver from android market
Upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Ace officially...
IMPORTANT…!!!….All of you…..While upgrading your Samsung Galaxy Ace to official Gingerbread 2.3.4 through Kies software….Please assure that your Kies has a latest version…if not…..please upgrade it first……then try to upgrade your Ace…..Upgrade your phone only if you are using hi-speed internet through Wi-Fi…..it takes around 1 to 2 hrs (Please keep patience or wait while upgrade)….Do not use any USB broadband internet device as it’s speed is very low for updating your phone through Kies…..if you still getting any message on Kies while updating or it stops…..try again and again till you get the update to your phone….it’s normal…….All the Best…!!!
The phone works quite well.. But 278MB RAM annoys sometimes.... Sound output is surprisingly great and swype works beautifully.... Overall a nice phone to own compared to other mid range android phones...
i need your help.is that the samsung galaxy ace has a Gorilla Glass?...
Do we have FM Transmitter in this phone or is there any app on Android Market which will work as a FM Transmitter ?
oddie, 04 Oct 2011will i be able to open 200 mb pdf files on this fone? or upto what size pdf files can be opene... moreDude u r crazy like ur concern ....want to open 200 mb pdf....lol....wat kind of pdf is it of 200mb !!!....impossible....make sure that its a pfd file not something else !!!