AnonD-40600, 04 Jul 2012Good specs...but qvga resolution dissapoints me :(Ya right, should hv been like ace, but lowering the display light can help
I am presenting only the issues with this phone here. The features which are not mentioned here can be assumed to be working fine. This review is after 2 months of daily usage.
1. Touch Screen - The touch response is very slow. When you touch a point on the screen it takes usually 2-3 seconds for the phone to respond. In the meantime if you touch again the same point, then that would also get registered as another input and results in erroneous results. Many times I ended up missing the calls due to this unresponsiveness.
2. RAM - The RAM of 512MB seems very insufficient. Without any background apps, the system takes 350MB+. By design android OS will force close the background apps if the RAM usage touches the minimum free RAM required by the Android. So don’t be surprised even if the music player gets force closed. So you can decide for other background apps. Even the many UI related functions are not cached. So when you press the menu button, it takes 15 seconds for the app list to display as it has to build the app list.
3. Display Resolution Low - The PPI of this display is very low. Please check this for yourself in a store before you buy it. Compare the PPI with your present/previous mobile in gsmarena before buying.
4. Earphone - The earphone design is old fashioned. No In-the-canal earphone. The earpieces are too large and wearing it causes pain in the ear due to the size.
5. No Mic with other earphones - I tried Samsung headset and HTC headset. With both of them the MIC did not work. I would expect at least the MIC input is compatible with Samsung headsets as you cannot use the headset provided with the phone with ease.
6. No Ambient light Sensor - This means that the screen brightness will not change with the ambient light. So every time your ambient light changes, you need to manually adjust it.
7. No Autofocus - The camera has no auto-focus. If you are a person using more of camera, then don’t think of buying this phone.
8. Keyboard to Touch Keys spacing - When you press the top row keys, you will end up touching the capacitive keys. This causes the app to switch when you are tying in another app.
My previous phone was HTC Salsa. It had very low internal memory. Though I never had any major issues with the features. I suffered with it only because of the low internal memory. Somehow I don't feel the Samsung UI very appealing after using the Sense UI.
prashant, 22 Feb 2013I hv bought the samsung galaxy chat but Iunable to pick the phone by earphone. Is that disadv... moreyes somtimes u hv to double press d cl button in ear phone n sometimes 3 or 4..this is d major problem in this phone
this photo clarity is worst... very poor. only advantage is touch and type
I hv bought the samsung galaxy chat but Iunable to pick the phone by earphone. Is that disadvantage of this phone.
Geert, 04 Feb 2013Is it normal that my stand by time is only 4-5 h? Or is something wrong with my battery?yeah it is normal poor battery backup
this doesn't come in the philippines:( want to have one:)
i am using this phone from last six mont this is best phone for buying
call recording apps not suppoeted
AnonD-114293, 19 Feb 2013How can I move installed apps to SD? Does rooting my phone will make it possible? How?Yes,you need to root your phone,then install an app called Link2SD and you can move all your apps,except system apps,to your SD card.I'm using it on my phone and it works perfectly.
Does it support game like Temple Run
just concern about the msg on inbox,for my reports,,is this unit capable to export the msgs, from unit to pc?tnx
I have this phone for 5 months and I want to tell you that I changed.the screen 2 times so far. Within the first month I went to service.due to a lost signal. Today i did not heard anything in conversation and was not been heard. Only on restart the phone repaired it self.Concluzion.. do not buy this phone. touch screen crack on hard push on it.semnal lost when the world knows and crashes due to low processor
AnonD-114594, 19 Feb 2013Samsung galaxy chat is a dual sim or single sim mobile any one tell me plzIt´s single sim.
AnonD-114293, 19 Feb 2013How can I move installed apps to SD? Does rooting my phone will make it possible? How?is this mobile dual or single sim mobile tell me plz
How can I move installed apps to SD? Does rooting my phone will make it possible? How?
How can I screenshot and moves the apps to external sd card? Can anyone helps me? Thanks
Samsung galaxy chat is a dual sim or single sim mobile any one tell me plz
AnonD-114293, 18 Feb 2013Used the phone for about 2 days and I'm enjoying it. The only thing I hate is I can't move app... moreSamsung Galaxy Chat is dual sim or single sim mobile please tell me any one
Yes you can use it as a business phone. It has MS Exchange with push mail feature and it runs absolutely fine. You can also syncronize the calendar with the MS Exchange. I find this phone as absolute replacement for any BB.