SuperOssu, 20 May 2012Brilliant little phone. Best in its price class. I've used it for half a year and found only 2... moreYou can solve these two problems only if you intend to root your phone.
I used to have Galaxy Gio before getting S2 and I had almost 107+ apps installed (of course by moving apps to sd card). I also had fully functional ADOBE FLASH PLAYER in Gio.
Just checkout Gio's section on XDA forums and you can do these things too.
- Inexpensive (paid 150cdn)
Great for placing calls and sending emails
- Nearly indestructable. When i eventually got so fed up with this silly little thing that I tried to smash it, I wammed it on the desk as hard as I possibly could twice and it survived. However, it did not survive the impact of a 30lb Iron bearing falling from 6' hahaha.
- Choppy and sticky graphics almost all of the time (such as menu animation, and video content including flash)
- Audio skips and stops frequently during internet browsing
- Does not come out of standby very quickly and when it does the touch sometimes doesn't work
- My $800 Nad receiver has been connected to numerous phones, ipods and mp3 players without a single problem since it's purchase date in 2007. However when I connected this phone to it, there was a popping sound followed by smoke pouring from the corner of the phone....the receiver still works fine with everything else but the audio jack on the phone is completely fried. I took the receiver to two different technicians who both said it was not at fault. One of the technicians suggested that perhaps the phone's power adapter (connected at the time of damage) may have been poorly designed and caused a grounding conflict with the receiver and I am willing to believe this.
Oh and the display often takes awhile to respond to the proximity sensor.
Brilliant little phone. Best in its price class. I've used it for half a year and found only 2 problems.
a) Needs more internal memory. There's just too little space and you can't manually move apps to SD.
b) You can't download Adobe Flash so you can't use some apps.
Apart from these 2 problems it's reliable, cheap ( for what you get ) and quite nice to use from day to day.
I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a phone in this price class and if anyone is considering buying a X8 instead of this I strongly recommend to reconsider and choose this one instead because my sister got herself X8 and I wanted one too but at the last moment I reconsidered and got myself this one and now she just bought herself a Gio aswell because it's just so much better ( true story ).
Excellently performing smartphone that is reliable too. Only problem is that the audio port is in a nonesense position and the jack gets pulled out all the time while I'm using it, and using the phone.
does dis device support adobe flash or not or is it possible to download adobe flash player from play.,i guess and itlooks like that ii is not available in play market for this device?
dinu, 17 May 2012cant send sms.. keep getting fail.. plzz help? delete the respective sms thread and try again
Im from South africa so I use airtime, sometimes Im not even using my phone and it takes all my airtime, I bought a data bundle in an hour 10 MB gone and I wasnt even on the internet except for whatsapp
raja, 01 May 2012my galaxy gio getting switch off when i plug in charger...pls anyone tell me what to do.....sale it or take it on the railway track
Anonymous, 12 May 2012i cant even connect to my pc itz bcoz.... u have to install the cd which u get with the mobile !!
kashif, 06 May 2012I improved the bettery life (stand by) by upto 4-5 days :-) WoWbut how ???? how can i improve my battery life for galaxy gio .. reply me
Ahmad, 20 Mar 2012I have been using nokia, blackberry and iphone 4. Got samsung gio and i was amazed by the andr... moreanybody here who have extra silicon case or anything that can protect my phoneor please help me where i can buy it because its hard to find here in the philippines.thanks
PLzz can any1 tell me is this mobile getting hack or it is a gud choice?? need help plzz help me out FRNDZZ
My battery standby is only about 18 hours on a relatively new (5 months) phone, if I have the 3G turned on, it's even less. Is there a battery that can be purchased that will give me the standby time in the specifications?