how about the auto brightness issue guys? was it solved already? what can you say about it cpu A7? is it good or not?
why is it my grand 2, it takes 24 hours standdby. den after that it easily low the battery
Good display quality(280ppi~) as compare to grand1(190ppi~) and also the processor is very good and camera but tough to carry because of 5.25inches screen your options sony experia m2 and sumsung s3 in the same range
my camera topcover glass has broken how to replace it pls help me guys
i m using this from 1 week . its no more than 12000. hings , heats and lights problem
when grand 2 will get kitkat updates....till know no news ...S5 is getting kitkat updates
This phone is simply amazing. It's everything I ever asked for in a phone.
my grand 2 vibrates around every min when playing music can I get a solution
Adhik, 16 Jun 2014I had buy a garand 2, but its hang sometimes,,,what will be th reason.????????the reason hang this due to CPU GHz Cortex-A7 not good quality
Dear users ,
To clarify let me compare all phones in similar price range with difference of u.s.$ 150 or INR 10000
1) Samsung galaxy Grand 2 - was rs. 22500 than rs. 21000 now rs. 19000 ( I Expected this coming but it wont go below rs. 17000 this is really bad from samsung,but samsung was taking advantage of situation,they gave bigger screen than both lg l90 , moto g , & Sony Xperia T2 dual was in inr. 24000 range & with mediocre 13 mp camera , weak signal reception , random hangs issues.
2) Sony Xperia T2 Dual
3) HTC Desire 816
4) Lg Nexus 5
5) Samsung note 3 Neo
As you see at one end you have samsung grand 2 at inr. 19000 /- & other end note 3 neo at rs. 28500 /- ( with flip cover )
1) Samsung grand 2 - Excellent call reception & Call quality no problems in single Sim for me ( literally 9 - 9.5 / 10 ) the next person can hear my sound
Excellent Daylight 8mp camera it oversaturates colours thus bringing dull sunny scenes to life.
No hangs so far perfect for Business work , & right display size similar to Samsung note 1
IPS Display ( see contrast ration bit better than Moto G IPS Display , high level of screen brightness , Some online mobile review have revealed in test to be scratch resistance ( ASAHI DRAGONTAIL?? ) , extreme responsive screen ( EVen works with Thick gloves on without touch Lags ), 1.5 gb ram Ok ok Front Cam ,, Low Light - Ok , better than Ok not excellent thought thanks to over-saturation of colours in Night photos come to life where it wins in Low Light , better than most samsung 8mp cams out there , in Daylight photos can Zoom to 7mp camera level , in night time it can Zoom to 4.5 - 5 mp levels but with lack of details ,lacking good focus. Display PPI excellent near retina levels of 280.
2) Sony T2 Ultra - Already mentioned negatives earlier , & have experienced in sony phone with me earlier the sony ui is also little bit buggy than HTC sense , & Touchwiz ( It is slow but you dont experience random ui hang which i experenced in xperia P & Xperia T2 owners are having similar experience specially phone dialler. )
Camera - Daylight photos zoom to 11mp level photos attract lot of light hence day appears more white ( Say you click your photo in mall & there is a window plane behind you the suns rays will attrack part of your photos or if you stand infront of room tube lights rays will add noise to your photo as it picks thoes colour more than yours & details are washed away ( Problem with sony photo processing of Exmor Rs, but lack of absolute clarity , i.e. Focus on subject in daylight photos also present , Nighttime Best photos of all phones mentioned here but again with Colour Noise.Nighttime photos thanks to exmor RS .
Excellent triluminous and mobile bravia display , Only thing is signal recemption & random hang in quite few sony sets also 1gb is just mediocre in this price range.
3) HTC DESIRE 816 - on paper excellent specs but :- 1) Display is not bright , has good viewing angles like IPS , the screen is 5.5 Inch , but onscreen buttons eat into real estate ( Cost cutting of HTC instead of Physical buttons ) , Hence if you compare screen estate with samsung grand 2 you realise you get somewhere between 5.15 - 5.2 inch display for apps , also the width of screen is just about same to sgg2 or whisker longer 0.1mm or so , height wise the buttons!!
HTC UI optimisation is excellent no hangs absolutely nothing , it is faster than stock android itself , so much that stock android looks laggy.So no problem with business or gaming ( All t2 , sgg2 , htc use same GPU ) also kitkar 4.4.2 at launch , sense 6
Screen not scratch resistance anyway only treated chemically against scratches which is itself disappointing.
Loudspeaker : excellent Internal Speaker , low loudspeaker voice , Call voice also on lower side , as per GSM ARENA ( I tried it at Store so have just done extensive onsite review it will be better if anyone posts here to compare samsung & Sony signal reception , & call quality )
Camera :- Excellent Photo Zoom on 13 mp camera , almost zooms to 11mp like T2 , but with much more details , better contrast , proper sharpening & slightly but acceptable colour Balance. ( Best Daylight camera in all mobiles mentioned above ) , now the bad part.
Click in dimly lit room & click same on sgg2 you will notice grand 2 capures more colours , whereas HTC will have noise & zoom is also affected match the 8mp of samsung. The problem is despite an excellent F/2.2 & BSI sensor , the photos even in daylight have good amount of noise ( After zooming on photo ) & also greater amount of luminance noise also the colour capture on camera is dull ( More towards actual , but on the lower side that is even in daylight it captures Yellow partially more dark than it is , now imagine on such camera you click in night.
Here it captures lots of noise , & camera giving dim colour prompting many htc 816 users to call it overall a mediocre camera as there is a 2mp type night photo capture.
5mp selfie best in class.
4) LG Nexus 5 - everything is top notch , but Signal reception problems , battery backup non - removable battery & lack of external storage.
5) Note 3 neo - poor camera , excellent software Touchwiz ui tweaks of Note series.
I will be publishing more on same in my next response.
Samsung has the biggest advantage of Removable battery , its Li - Ion technology battery charge 3x cycles than Li-Poly of SOny t2 LG Nexus 5 , HTC desire 816 , ( They work for 2 - 3 years only.
I had buy a garand 2, but its hang sometimes,,,what will be th reason.????????
sid, 16 Jun 2014can anyone tell which is the best mobile grand 2 or htc desire 816HTC desire 816