I have a grand2 but I face too much problem related to heating when I use Internet for more than 2 - 3 hours constantly and ever also catch up heating when I play game for more than half hour and also take 2-3 hours for charge battery at 100%
AnonD-227627, 25 Mar 2014Anyone facing charging issue...sometimes it charges very slow from 90-100% like in 2-3 hrs but... moreInstall the app called galaxy charging current and measure the mA at which the battery is charging.
Anyone facing charging issue...sometimes it charges very slow from 90-100% like in 2-3 hrs but sometimes it charges normal till 100%...
Pls can someone assist me. I bought a Dstv drifta dis morning it refuse to show on grand 2. Pls assist.
Currently Known Issues of the Grand 2:
1. Over-heating: Haven't experienced this myself. Yes, the phone heats up under heavy load but never had any temperature warning.
2. Yellow flash in photos: I've seen this myself. Probably shutter lag. A simple software update can fix this.
3. UI lag: Probably because of bloatware. Disable all apps you don't use to free up system resources.
4. Sub-par battery life. Disabling unused apps/bloatware will fix this.
5. Screen scratches: Screen protectors are super cheap. If still not satisfied, tempered glass protectors are now commercially available.
6. Speaker problem: What speaker problem?
7. No KitKat: There will be a KitKat update in the future. Even the Grand 1 will get it.
8. "There are better phones.": Yes, but those better phones are also more expensive. Always keep the price in mind when comparing phones.
Excelent Display and camera clarity.
Design and texture resembels note3 leather finishing but fiishing is purely plastic.
Heats a lot after 20 mins of continous usage.
Old samsung design style.
Guys after listening to your views about the phone i am totally confused. So please suggest me wheter i should buy the phone or not.?
guys i want to buy grand2 but i read comments about heating problem battery problem speaker problem etc...is it true???suggest me should i buy grand 2 or wait for other good models to launch
vij, 24 Mar 2014Mine s new phone... not yet installed software s ...Oh, in that case even after charging overnight if the problem still persists then please get it checked at a service centre. 10% battery discharge in 10 mins is too much.
khbaloach, 24 Mar 2014Hello to every body.I am using this fone since 2 weeks bach.The sound while playing video or l... moreHello khbaloach, regarding the sound volume , make sure that in settings-> Device-> sound->volume, the "system" sound is put to maximum. I had similar problem and after putting the system sound to maximum this problem got resolved. Even if you put system sound to max, you can always use the volume control buttons to reduce volume. after you change the setting, I am sure grand2 sound volume would be quite loud while using the speakerphone.
Didn't quite understand your problem regarding app installation from google play. can you please explain? I am not facing any probem with app installation in grand2. Which app you were trying to install? There are some apps like wordweb which put the dictionary data by default to SD card since diactionary data is >50MB. Are you referring to that?
i have been using it for 2 weeks now and so far very satisfied with this grand2 :)
AnonD-243046, 24 Mar 2014Grand 2 laggs a little even on playing templerunOZ... Battery is very good while doing law tas... moreHi Tseng. FYI, the first day i got this phone, i already managed to root it using balliboxer prerooted file inside xda. I guess you didn't search enough in the web.. That is all. Bye..
AnonD-149022, 24 Mar 2014dpny go for grand 2... better to go with moto x or sony t2 ultrathanks i will not buy grand 2 because of heating problem while playing games...camera is also bad...its better to buy sony