today i buy grand duos i was inquiring n was woring abt its quality bt im happy i buy it finaly there is no pixelation on screen its gud display bt dont compare with s2 s3 or note amoled scren
How good is the display? It's not amoled, okay, but what (common) phone can it be compared to? I mean in terms of contrast, brightness, .. ? Thx!
lucky, 01 Jul 2013This phone is not good, because when i connect the data cable, the screen is unlocked and open... moreHave you ever used Android Phone before? As I guess almost every android phone get unlocked when we plug-in USB cable. Unless you have security gateway for that.
Please don't blame this brilliant piece for common issues.
I hv a grand after upgrading to latest version i cannot move files ( images pdf word file setup file) from phone memory to ext memory card.It was possible to move all d file before upgrading to latest version plz suggest me the solution
Friends, Like many others here I am also confused choosing phone between Mega 5.8 and Grand. Pls help choosing a good phone betn these 2 models. Some people say Mega 5.8 is better than Grand. Some are saying both have almost same configuration and so suggesting Grand. Now I don't which one to go for. Pls help with right suggestion. Which one should I go... Mega or Grand. Thanks.
Nik, 28 Jun 2013sometimes colors of the screen gets fade for a couple of time why this is happening.??
Put brightness in auto mode when you go out in sun and when you are in home or office where normal light is available keep brightness manually and as low as possible. Keeping screen brightness normal or low will increase your battery life as well as it will give cooling effects on eyes also. Brightness setting in this set takes less than half second.
MHD SHABEER, 29 Jun 2013how is this mobile ? tell me guys pls ,i decide for buy this sell phone..pls tell me the truthHi Shabbir,
Samsung galaxy grand duos l9082 is a classic and marvellous android mobile set. I am using since apr 2013 and I am fully satisfied.
This phone is not good, because when i connect the data cable, the screen is unlocked and opening apps automatically. So, i would not suggest anyone to buy it.
compare it with micromax canvas 4 , great features, but dont know about over all quality.
Hi, this is naresh from tirupati recently i buy Gslsxy grand 19082 in that as per specification internal memory mentioned as 8GB but in phone it was showing 4GB only. Pls clarify this one before buying this phone.
Anand, 30 Jun 2013I am planning to go for either Grand or Mega 5.8, but confused. Pls suggest which one should I buy.I am seeing many people are confused in choosing the phone between Grand and Mega 5.8. I don't own any of these models. So I am not trying to support Grand here, but to do a good comparison between these 2 models. I hope that this would help you in choosing the right model and getting value for your money.
Here I could see some people preferring Mega 5.8 over Grand. I think, they do so just by looking at the screen size. Just see the following comparison between these 2 phones.
1. The Mega's screen size is bigger and it is good for browsing and viewing pictures / videos.
2. The OS version in Grand is 4.1 and Mega is 4.2. The Grand is also expecting OS upgrade 4.2
3. The processor in Mega is just 0.2 GHz more than grand and the effect is not something great or you can't feel / realise it. If it would have been 1.6 GHz, it would have made difference.
4. Display is same in both phones... TFT. But in Mega, it is slightly higher than Grand... qHD... BUT NOT EVEN HD. NOW ALL OTHER BRANDS ARE OFFERING HD OR LED DISPLAY AT THIS PRICE BAND. Do you want to spend more money for normal display. So you pay little less and go for phone with similar normal display or pay more (at the same price of Mega or little more) and go for HD / LED display. But don't waste more money again on normal display like qHD as there is no big difference between the display of Grand and Mega.
5. Pixel density is almost same in both phones. Nowadays all other brands are offering higher pixel density for bigger display and also at this price.
6. Grand comes with flip cover which costs about 1500. But Mega doesn't come with flip cover for which you need to invest (if you want it) another 1500 more. MANY PEOPLE DON'T SEE THIS AND THE COST ASSOCIATED WITH THIS.
7. If you compare the costs of both phones, FIRST YOU NEED TO ADD THE FLIP COVER COST OF Rs. 1500 TO MEGA'S PRICE (24000+1500) and then compare the costs. Many people miss this.
8. Grand is available for around 18500-18900 in all retail stores. But Mega costs 24000 without flip cover, with flip cover more than 25500.
9. Camera is same in both.
10. Grand has FM, but Mega does not. Anyway, FM is not available / received in all places, but only in cities.
11. Battery of Mega is more powerful than Grand. Yes.. obviously it should be. Because the screen is big. Keep in mind that the more powerful your battery is, the more time it will take to charge fully.
So most of the specifications of Mega and Grand are same except some minor differences said above and they are not making difference in major way.
NOW THINK.... IF YOU NEED TO GO FOR MEGA BY PAYING MORE THAN 5500 - 7000 (with flip cover) JUST FOR 0.8 INCH MORE DISPLAY ... THAT TOO NOT HD, BUT JUST QHD WITH LOW PIXEL DENSITY.
In my opinion, GRAND IS VALUE FOR MONEY, BUT MEGA 5.8 IS NOT. It does not mean that Grand is something great, but between these 2 models it is a good choice as in Mega you would be wasting your money Rs. 5500-7000 just for 0.8 inch more for average display.
It is your hard earned money. Think... if you want to waste it on something which is not worth. Don't buy a phone for just a new model is available in market. See if it is really a value for money. Because after 6 months, another model may be coming with bigger display than this.