The ruling era of grand prime has ended.. now the J series is dominating this phone.. because of the Samsung j3 and j5 smart-phones the resale value of grand prime has been affected..
Jalol, 28 Nov 2015I like this phone it is big and comfortable to use I like like this phone it good to use and chip too.
Best phn... using from last 1 year.... If samsung increases it's ram to 2 gb thn it can beat all the phones in this phone's range... front camera superb... back is also nice... battery too good... sound quality is also good... can support all d desired apps.. I like ds phone very much... currently I perched e7 bt missing my grand prime..
Anonymous, 28 Nov 2015Update lollipop then u can use OTG option Does it really work with you ? cause i have tried connecting the OTG on lollipop 5.0.2 SM-530H it didnt work
I recently purchased this phone online and when I did my research before buying it, there wasn't much available because the cell was so new, not enough people had it to review so let me be one of the 1st
Some of the good things abt it
- I like the size of the phone and I was able to download most of the apps / widgets I had on my other phone
- Once I figured out how to put my sim card in, I simple restarted the cell and was able to make calls right away
- I like the fonts available especially the samsung sans
Some of the problems I noticed
- I live in western Canada and it wasn't able to find my timezone, it wasn't even available from the list of timezones around the world, so as you can imagine the phone couldn't tell the correct time or date because of this. I was surprised by this because anyone could simple google this information and there it is - in the end it was the weather widget I downloaded that forced the phone to find where in the world I was.
- The main locked / login screen stays on for only 1 second, which hardly goes me enough time to read what is on the screen much less type in my login info. I need that screen to stay on for at least 7-10 seconds just to read all the notifications on it.
- On locked / login screen the camera icon is to close to the ok button, often I ended up pushing the camera and because the screen only lasts 1 second it will go back to the black screen and I have to start all over again
- Once I login I will see the pages I set up or should I say samsung cell set up, it created 3 pages (of icons and widgets) I am not 100 % but I think after the 1st pg filled up it created the second on its own, then the 3rd. Thats fine but I now want to change the order they are in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and maybe add a 4th or 5th. The cell doesn't allow me to change the order or create new pages or at least I don't know how to and can't find any instructions in the phone that explains it to me
- For the memo' s under the tools icon, it lets you create a memo but you can only label it, it doesn't allow you to lock any of them. I add things to my memo that I like to have locked with a password same as I did on my last phone Samsung galaxy GT - S7560M
- Also I can't find how to transfer info (such as memos locked or not locked, drafts i have saved) from my old cell to my new Grand prime - no instructions available that I can find
- I use my cell as an alarm clock and I have always been able to set my alarm clock the way I want snooze x5 each time 15 minutes apart - all of the other samsung products I have allow this except this one, this one only allows me to renew my snooze 3x each 5 minutes apart, I don't care to be limited, I like options lots of options for everything on my cell phones / tablets or laptops
- The calendar notifications only allow me to snooze for abt 5 minutes, sometimes there is a pop-up that asks if you want set your snooze when this happens I do for the maximum allowed of 30 min.
Problem is I like my calendar notifications to sometimes snooze for up to 1 hour or even more, which this cell doesn't allow. Most of the time it only allows for 5 minutes and it will constantly pop-up every 5 minutes, its annoying after a while
- For some reason in my country Canada they don't offer the Grand Prime with dual sim cards yet (I'm still wondering why but anyway) I do have more than 1 telephone number and would like to switch my sim cards when I travel. Usually on my older cell I can just turn off the cell, slide out the sim card and slide in the other sim card (with a different tel #), turn on the cell, let it restart and wait abt 20 - 30 minutes for the cell to do its thing and register / realize that I switched sim cards. After that I am good to go no problems.
Problem with the Grand Prime is it only takes the micro sim and the spot where its located makes it extremely difficult to pull out the sim card and slide it back in. It is so small the human fingers can't grab it and pull it out without fear of cracking the sim card altogether
- On average I receive a lot of emails, I turn off the sound and keep it on vibrate or silent because of the emails coming through constantly either vibrate or if on sound I will hear a charm sound for each and every email - especially if I have more than one email address logged in on the phone which I do. What I am proposing samsung look into is having a different sound for actual phone calls and another for emails or even calendar notifications.
When I put my phone on vibrate or silent I miss calls sometimes important calls. I would like the option to keep the telephone calls on sound and everything else on vibrate or silent
- The biggest surprise for me was that there was no music widget available, I have 1000's of songs that I added to the SDcard, then I couldn't play them because there was no option to play my music. Google play charges you $ to download music, why would I pay again to download music I already own, how much sense does that make I should be able to play my own music whenever I want to
Grand Prime only allows you to play music or see anything stored on yr phone through the Tools icon under My files, I choose SD card as my local storage, from here I can play each song individually by going through my list. Remember when you are playing your music song by song individually you can't do anything else on your cell, if you try to go to another icon the music will stop and close. The search only can find some songs by certain keywords but not all, depending on how you computer saves the songs. It CANNOT find by artist name or album AT ALL. Imagine how long it will take to look for the one or two songs you want to hear from a list of that many and no proper search to help you find it.
Is it me or has being able to store and play 1000's of songs on your cell been a selling point for all cell's since the beginning of its invention or what.
Imagine the embarrassment Samsung must feel knowing that the world at large now realizes they seriously dropped the ball on this one - No Music player allowed
At this point I have not seen any solutions to any of these problems, Don't forget it not entirely all bad the Grand Prime has a some good things abt it too Once Samsung figures out how to work out all the kinks in it the Grand Prime should prove to be an excellent cell - for now we will just have to wait and see
Anonymous, 26 Nov 2015My samsung galaxy grand ptime cell phone will not keep a charge. I returned and was given anot... moreA lot of the times with phones if u don't let them fully die before u put them on a charger it will mess up the battery so that it won't hold a charge so...if u didn't already....just let your phone die all the way and then charge it till it's at 100 percent and that should fix ur holding a charge problem
mrh, 20 Nov 2015Can this phon suport the otg whithout rootig ? Please ans me Update lollipop then u can use OTG option
UK1, 25 Nov 2015no its not hanging up ,i've rooted my grand prime with king root app u should try itas u have rooted ur phone will u get future OTA update, or while installing it will not allow to install it ?
Nowferdeen, 27 Nov 2015When I tried to move the files (photos, videos, documents) from SD to phone memory or vice ver... morevia lollipop 5.0.2 it works with in gallery and as well via file manager, however i think i use to work in kitkat via the file manager and not via gallery